Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

They used to call them "Sizzle Reels", in the Before Times....

*me looking up, and to the left*

I don’t see a camera, am I not one of the attractive people??

tell me I’m at least the wacky sidekick then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

*me looking up, and to the left*

I don’t see a camera, am I not one of the attractive people??

tell me I’m at least the wacky sidekick then

naem, there's no easy way to tell you this: All your friends and fans are dead.

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

naem, there's no easy way to tell you this: All your friends and fans are dead.

oooooh ok, I’m either the Final Girl©️, or I’m the Already Famous Actor Past Their Prime who might show up in the sequel

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

*retreats into underground zombie-proof bunker*

*asphyxiates in minutes*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

oooooh ok, I’m either the Final Girl©️, or I’m the Already Famous Actor Past Their Prime who might show up in the sequel

Ummm.....

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Thankfully I found another group of humans. I can let my guard down since zombies are the only danger in a zombie apocalypse.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
braaaaaaaaaaaaiiiinnnsssss....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yvershek posted:

Thankfully I found another group of humans. I can let my guard down since zombies are the only danger in a zombie apocalypse.

In the face of this implacable foe, humanity came together, united as never before....

FART

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
my god...this zombie plague isn't caused by a mutated form of cordyceps....it's Brassica oleracea

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I always say steer clear of any grown-rear end man who entertains the idea of having a 'zombie apocalypse survival plan'. They are nine times out of ten dumbass CHUDs or people with CHUD tendencies who think that owning some guns and land in cottage country makes them 'survivalists'. Survival in the context of any sort of major upheaval is massively more complicated than that. Do you have maps, I mean physical paper maps? What about backup plans for when someone else squats in your cottage? Can you build a shelter in a safe spot in the woods without getting ratfucked by the elements or other 'survivalists'? Do you know to clean an animal carcass without tainting its edible meat? Can you repair a small engine, do you even have the parts laying around? Do you know how to get potable water out of the ground? What poison oak looks like? Anything about mycology? The difference between cover and concealment?

No, it always starts and ends with some power fantasy, rampant North American individualism gone off the rails. Wasn't there a story floating around about some prepper types who tried to live off the grid but failed because they didn't have a can opener?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
*shoves Mister Speaker out of the Costco to battle the zombies solo*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

I always say steer clear of any grown-rear end man who entertains the idea of having a 'zombie apocalypse survival plan'. They are nine times out of ten dumbass CHUDs or people with CHUD tendencies who think that owning some guns and land in cottage country makes them 'survivalists'. Survival in the context of any sort of major upheaval is massively more complicated than that. Do you have maps, I mean physical paper maps? What about backup plans for when someone else squats in your cottage? Can you build a shelter in a safe spot in the woods without getting ratfucked by the elements or other 'survivalists'? Do you know to clean an animal carcass without tainting its edible meat? Can you repair a small engine, do you even have the parts laying around? Do you know how to get potable water out of the ground? What poison oak looks like? Anything about mycology? The difference between cover and concealment?

No, it always starts and ends with some power fantasy, rampant North American individualism gone off the rails. Wasn't there a story floating around about some prepper types who tried to live off the grid but failed because they didn't have a can opener?

Yes yes no yes, yes yes yes, yes yes yes yes, yes, yes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah like hundred percent

Like I have anxieties re: natural disasters

But like my area floods regularly and fires are a real concern, or atleast enough that I have been physically impacted by them.

Edit: I mean BRAAAAAAAINS

I have a small kit of just "useful" poo poo for what I figure is the most possible situations

A: sheltering in place for 3 days with no utilities
B: being stuck on a highway in a jam for 2-3 days

Just having basic needs for me and mine,food, a nice multi tool , walky talkies etc etc

Which I feel is an appropriate goal and the sort of thing that is most realistically possible to prepare for.

The whole long term planning for society's downfall is such a power fantasy as you say and the kind of thing that probably does psychic damage to someone who thinks so iconoclasticly

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Look I know we did drugs but the zombies are real you gotta stop talking like this didn't happen. I knew this was a bad idea.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*rolls eyes

They're called "Biteys"

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Please do not use the Z slur.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mister Speaker posted:

Ok so when this guy's done complaining we throw him to the zombies and make a break for it.

*15 minutes later

Let's just go now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don't blame me, I voted for Bitey

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Guys it looks like the biteys are developing rudimentary culture and a social hierarchy

I'm sure this isn't portentous

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Guys it looks like the biteys are developing rudimentary culture and a social hierarchy

I'm sure this isn't portentous

don't you going naming a bitey. That's how things go wrong

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Señor Bitey

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Señor Bitey

already ate they lobster

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Now ye see I call that fucker over there in the old crooner suit "three olives" and that one stuck in the locked 3rd floor office building Jeffery.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Now ye see I call that fucker over there in the old crooner suit "three olives" and that one stuck in the locked 3rd floor office building Jeffery.

Is the office building called Jeffery?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

In my mind's eye we are standing on top of a building and there is a sky scraper opposite, and one guy turned into a bite and the room was locked with them in it so they just pace around

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So many Incels forever doomed to their 1 Bedroom Apartments...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

In my mind's eye we are standing on top of a building and there is a sky scraper opposite, and one guy turned into a bite and the room was locked with them in it so they just pace around

and what do you do?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

redshirt posted:

So many Incels forever doomed to their 1 Bedroom Apartments...

lol. redshirt just called you an incel. you gonna take that?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I just got the ring camera up and running and don't be alarmed but outside the bolted door is this.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

pixaal posted:

I just got the ring camera up and running and don't be alarmed but outside the bolted door is this.

No worries. as long as you are know for selling crack cocaine, this is the expected result from your ring.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

Looking good sir!

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Spare a little BRAINZ?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Harry_Potato posted:

Spare a little BRAINZ?

you up for a brain swap? you nibble on mine and i nibble on yours?

Manto
Aug 27, 2003
Rawrr!

redshirt posted:

Tammy Tanaka: And our last story for the evening comes from The Entertainment Desk, about a new dance craze sweeping the globe. The kids call it "The Bitey"

*Tik Tok videos of people getting eaten in the face and such

Skip Skipperson: Well I've had my fill Tammy

Tammy: *Laughs. Good night folks

It's Bitey Bobby Pickett's time to shine!
I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight...

HE DID THE MASH!
He did the Bitey Mash!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Urge to bite.....rising

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I did system design, sales, and tech support for off-grid battery based solar systems for a number of years. Most customers were pretty normal people living in remote areas. Survivalists were bread and butter, just building their "compound" (I'd pull up their address on google maps while talking and its just a house sitting on 5 acres).

I'd say 1 out of 20 would kind of fish, mentioning they were prepping for "You know, when things go bad..." Oh, you mean like an economic collapse? "Well, that and when viruses break out and people turn". I literally had the conversation a few dozen times. People watch too much TV.

I didn't care at all. As long as I could spec out a system and get the sale I didn't care what insane poo poo they believed in.

Heck, some folks would tell me, un-prompted, what guns they owned, and ask what I had ready. I'd entertain them; anything to get a good sale.

naem
May 29, 2011

if I had Mark Zuckerberg money I would absolutely build a bond villain lair Hawaii bunker

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Internetjack posted:

I did system design, sales, and tech support for off-grid battery based solar systems for a number of years. Most customers were pretty normal people living in remote areas. Survivalists were bread and butter, just building their "compound" (I'd pull up their address on google maps while talking and its just a house sitting on 5 acres).

I'd say 1 out of 20 would kind of fish, mentioning they were prepping for "You know, when things go bad..." Oh, you mean like an economic collapse? "Well, that and when viruses break out and people turn". I literally had the conversation a few dozen times. People watch too much TV.

I didn't care at all. As long as I could spec out a system and get the sale I didn't care what insane poo poo they believed in.

Heck, some folks would tell me, un-prompted, what guns they owned, and ask what I had ready. I'd entertain them; anything to get a good sale.

That's great and all, Internetjack, but can you go back to shooting this horde that is overtaking the gates?

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

Internetjack posted:

Can you hook me up? I had a salesman come over once to see about getting solar. He said something about loving El*n M*sk, which turned me off immediately. He later told me I had a good poker face.

Long story short, I am not ready for when viruses break out and people turn into Biteys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

my Mark Zuckerberg Hawaii bunker would have had a skull shaped volcano island personally

Zuck really missed the mark imo why not go full skull island