Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Yesterday I fell down a rabbit hole of looking at all the different models of VF-19 toys from Macross Plus, mainly spurred on from discovering the Russians had a prototype Sukhoi Su-47 with swept forward wings.

When the Berkut shows up in any Ace Combat game, you know poo poo is about to get wild.

And then you shoot them down :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

yup, it's a ballot paper with no clear indication of a vote so it counts as spoiled. I could have just not turned up obviously, or I could have ticked every box and submitted that, drawn a cock in each box, wrote "gently caress YOU ALL, YOU loving FUCKS" across the slip but a completely blank ballot does the same job and just officially registers my displeasure with the current political climate without having to subject a teller to reading it
I still vividly remember the LIZARD PEOPLE ballot from 2008. I've always wondered if I voted normally in the general election but then when it got down to far downballot races if I could put LIZARD PEOPLE and have my up ballot votes counted or if it would spoil the whole ballot.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

https://youtu.be/Ky5aLwrosiA?si=inGTv6GNHXBlTr7m

I think I'l watch this documentary and feel old in a few weeks.

I've never had Rainier in my life and even I know the motorcycle ad :cheers:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

Watching house hunters while getting my oil changed and you guys weren’t kidding about ludicrous budgets.

Full time DJ and an RN in NYC? Budget is 600k

I used to know a guy who was at columbine when it happened. You can see him fleeing with his hands up in one of those shots. He was like “yeah that’s me in the Ed mccaffrey jersey.”

He swears there was a third gunman that was covered up by police. He’d been to a therapist and was aware thinking there were more shooters/explosions is a very normal thing for survivors but he couldn’t get over it.

would 600k in NYC even get you a shoebox?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

yup, it's a ballot paper with no clear indication of a vote so it counts as spoiled. I could have just not turned up obviously, or I could have ticked every box and submitted that, drawn a cock in each box, wrote "gently caress YOU ALL, YOU loving FUCKS" across the slip but a completely blank ballot does the same job and just officially registers my displeasure with the current political climate without having to subject a teller to reading it

Makes sense. I learned something new today. Thanks!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

https://youtu.be/Ky5aLwrosiA?si=inGTv6GNHXBlTr7m

I think I'l watch this documentary and feel old in a few weeks.

Oh man, this may not hit as hard for folks outside the PacNW but this truly speaks to me, Rainier remains king

Edit: I’m very proud to have snagged one of these for my brother before they were sold out, but very annoyed I didn’t bother to get one for myself

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 2, 2024

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Update from Yesterday: Thanks all for letting me post through that. Found out a colleague of mine has his kids at that school. They're relieved, doing as well as expected given the circumstances. Latest info is 14 year old with a long gun was going to do the thing but couldn't make entry due to lockdown procedures and was taken out by a school resource officer.

Fifty Three posted:

I vividly remember discovering the X-29 in Jane's ATF and having my mind blown :allears:

Got to see that sexy beast when I was on my Eclipse trip and took a drive over to Dayton.

fartknocker posted:

When the Berkut shows up in any Ace Combat game, you know poo poo is about to get wild.

And then you shoot them down :getin:

I really need to bust that game out ...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Oh poo poo i thought Poler went under.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

LeeMajors posted:

Oh poo poo i thought Poler went under.

The store closed down but their online shop appears to still be up and running, no idea whether it’s one of those things where some other company just bought the name/logo and is doing their own thing though

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thaddius the Large posted:

The store closed down but their online shop appears to still be up and running, no idea whether it’s one of those things where some other company just bought the name/logo and is doing their own thing though

A few years back I went to pick up a napsack and saw their site had been torpedoed. Maybe someone bought it out and resurrected it, but I’m glad to see it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JPrime posted:

would 600k in NYC even get you a shoebox?

House Hunters is far and away the biggest bullshit on HGTV. They are notorious for bending reality. They also don't want rents or mortgages to seem too high so regular folks in Oklahoma will watch.

You should not believe the amounts in any way. Just enjoy the dopamine you get about escaping wherever you are stuck, even if it's in NYC

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

kiimo posted:

House Hunters is far and away the biggest bullshit on HGTV. They are notorious for bending reality. They also don't want rents or mortgages to seem too high so regular folks in Oklahoma will watch.

You should not believe the amounts in any way. Just enjoy the dopamine you get about escaping wherever you are stuck, even if it's in NYC

We bought our place back in late 2013 for like...220k? It is ostensibly worth ~400k now. I do not understand the housing market even one little bit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, HGTV loves those bullshit shows, you just gotta accept them for what they are.

And at least HH is less obnoxious then say, Love it or List it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For a while Love It or List It tried to play up Hillary and David's sexual chemistry.

As if we wanted that. Ugh.

I do like to scream at people for "loving it" which is the wrong decision almost every time. They just wanted a cheap reno

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Update from Yesterday: Thanks all for letting me post through that. Found out a colleague of mine has his kids at that school. They're relieved, doing as well as expected given the circumstances. Latest info is 14 year old with a long gun was going to do the thing but couldn't make entry due to lockdown procedures and was taken out by a school resource officer.

A reddit comment(grain of salt required) claiming to be a classmate said the kid was upset about being ignored by his crush and had been doing a lot of weird poo poo online and in person in the previous few days.

Yeah maybe I don’t want kids.

I had a coworker who was all excited to get an ar-15 because he was convinced the sale would be banned soon. Normalish dude otherwise, but gun-worshipping. Just another problem to throw on the gigantic pile of poo poo That Probably Isn’t Going Away Anytime Soon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

kiimo posted:

For a while Love It or List It tried to play up Hillary and David's sexual chemistry.

I do like to scream at people for "loving it" which is the wrong decision almost every time. They just wanted a cheap reno

I like Love it or list it fine, because it’s easy watching background noise. House Hunters drives me nuts because most of the clients are impossible to please with weird demands.

Yes I know it’s all fake, can they just show us how to fix things again?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Americans wanting huge kitchens and getting absolutely baffled by laundry being in the kitchen is required.

Although I do admit to getting angry despite myself whenever some American fatass insists on "no stairs"

you can use some stairs, Linda

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don’t watch it much but my wife lived abroad for a few years and it kind of addicted to HHI and there was one recently with a mega huge probably Mormon family with like 9 kids wanting a huge McMansion in like the city center of London and the incredulousness of their realtor was fun.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

You're looking for This Old House and other fine PBS programming

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Are Chip and Joanna still doing their thing, or do they make enough money from Target at this point to walk away from the TV game? I kind of liked them, Chip was/is a dead ringer for a grad school buddy of mine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I like Love it or list it fine, because it’s easy watching background noise. House Hunters drives me nuts because most of the clients are impossible to please with weird demands.

Me in 2010 with a DVR full of Holmes on Homes

E: Oh there's just a 24/7 stream of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KEYibefoUw

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

The only one of those shows with any real sexual chemistry is Property Brothers.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Are Chip and Joanna still doing their thing, or do they make enough money from Target at this point to walk away from the TV game? I kind of liked them, Chip was/is a dead ringer for a grad school buddy of mine.

They should of been cancelled long ago for being Baylor alumni.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Mike Holmes kicks rear end. That one Scott guy was pretty decent too. I think he fixed up rental properties tho.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My wife can’t get enough of Bargain Block. The one where 2 dudes buy condemned houses in Detroit full of trash and literal poo poo for like $2000 and then flip them for a massive profit. There is always one insane design choice like covering the entire kitchen in gold leaf foil.

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

There is always one insane design choice like covering the entire kitchen in gold leaf foil.

Makes me yearn for the simple days of Trading Spaces.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The only one of those shows with any real sexual chemistry is Property Brothers.

You aren't kidding

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

This combined with PBS this old house and we have endless enjoyable content

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Kalli posted:

You aren't kidding

Honestly a little surprised there's only 100 fics.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

I love that guy but I can't watch too much of them because it makes me think "oh no what would he find at my house :ohdear:"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

C-Euro posted:

I've never seen her house show(s), but Joanna's cooking show freaking sucks. She's so so bad.

Nov 6, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I've never seen her house show(s), but Joanna's cooking show freaking sucks. She's so so bad.

yeah i imagine shiplap tastes awful

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

You aren't kidding

Those tags :stonklol:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
what the hell are you guys talking about

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Honestly a little surprised there's only 100 fics.

Search results probably capped at 100

Nov 6, 2002

Mods please change my name to Mention of Possible Future Scat.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I appreciate they have the dedication to have separate tags for Bottom Drew and Bottom Jonathan, but what about their long lost 3rd sibling JD who didn’t make it onto the TV show?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Mods please change my name to Mention of Possible Future Scat.

You mean eating?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hiked Dog Mountain with fellow goon Crosshatch and my housemate's dog Fritha.

Stopped by Starbucks on the way home.

Fritha got a pupperchino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

C-Euro posted:

They started their own loving NETWORK.

yeah i imagine shiplap tastes awful

I wonder how many kitchens Joanna is DIRECTLY responsible for being covered in shiplap with a giant sign that says EAT across this country.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 2, 2024