Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

harrygomm posted:

that's adam jackson. joe is the malignant tunnel joke guy

That was Rod. He hasn't been on since.

Joe is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mikojan posted:

Thats a good point.

However I ask myself how excited I'm gonna be about finding loot after sifting through countless bags of 2 affix rares

U can jsut throw that poo poo away though now. Color coordinated loot filter is here boys

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
If Druid wolves are viable then that's what I'm going with. Hell yeah.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

They even made legendaries give a load of veiled crystals so you don't need to pick up rares for mats either

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sounds like they invested their time making the base loot good instead of some goofy mechanic. If you can't live without seasonal content, come back in 3 months when they will have the loot changes and new seasonal content. There are other video games.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Well they got through class balance changes and necro minions survived unscathed

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tarnop posted:

Well they got through class balance changes and necro minions survived unscathed

Anything about druid minions ?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

External Organs posted:

Buffed! I'll check again at the end of the stream but I think wolves got an hp buff and they resummon faster when they die

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

External Organs posted:

200% more health, 50% faster respawn.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should just get rid of seasons if they aren’t going to do them. I guess that would mean less season passes or whatever

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Obol vendor now gives 925 loot guaranteed at lvl 100, and can give greater affixes. They've also jacked up the cap to 2500

25% buff to glyph xp

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Mikojan posted:

wasnt that rod?

oh yeah that's right, mb

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Tarnop posted:

Obol vendor now gives 925 loot guaranteed at lvl 100, and can give greater affixes. They've also jacked up the cap to 2500

25% buff to glyph xp

nice, glad obols will have a use at endgame now

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Uber unique drop chance ("less than Duriel") added to all the ladder bosses

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Kaysette posted:

nice, glad obols will have a use at endgame now

Same, it was weird that they somehow felt worse than D3 blood shards

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

euphronius posted:

They should just get rid of seasons if they aren’t going to do them. I guess that would mean less season passes or whatever

why do you think they aren't doing seasons any more?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Haedrigs gift coming back.

Just going full D3 now.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

to all you S3 gamers, how does the XP to 100 compare to S2? Has it become faster?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I hope Stux isn't watching, they're giving out gear sets for a specific build from the season journey. The D3 assimilation continues

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harrygomm posted:

why do you think they aren't doing seasons any more?

Probably lack of dev time/ resources

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
oh they added the D3 thing where as you get to endgame you get a "set" of gear for each class that steers you towards a particular spec. dust devils for barb, incinerate sorc, minion necro, pulv druid, barrage rogue

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

euphronius posted:

Probably lack of dev time/ resources

no i meant when did they say they're cancelling seasons?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harrygomm posted:

no i meant when did they say they're cancelling seasons?

There is no season coming up. It’s just game fixes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The second half of the dev stream was about the new seasonal content. It sounds like less of it is getting deleted at end of season than normal, which may be flagging it as Not Seasonal Content for some

Also seasons are free, silly goose. If you paid for something, check the receipt & get a refund post haste

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I want that drat Lilith statue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did not the new announcement for seasonal content. I apologize

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This is the Mephisto Thread baby, there's no need for your posts & feelings to be grounded in reality!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
OK I think what feels really weird about this season is that it's the pre-expac season, yeah, so there should really be a tie-in to "uhhh there's these weird rear end Cultists of Hate from across the sea causing antics, pursue this questline that leads you to the great rift pit" and maybe they juice Astaroth into a heavily Mephisto-flavored Uber. Not complaining that we didn't get him/any new Ubers cause we're getting Uber Andariel but as far as theming goes he's the Mephisto lieutenant guy. Seems to be a big missed opportunity.

Also take the campaign finale hell tileset and spin that into a few procgen dungeons, I respect asset reuse but you gotta like actually reuse your best stuff a lil.

If I was really being greedy I'd say that each season storyline should be a step forward in the overarching plot towards the expansion campaign but I'm spoiled by MMOs doing that in their content patches admittedly.

Just some shower thoughts, thinking about killing demons while I scrub a dub dub.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mikojan posted:

to all you S3 gamers, how does the XP to 100 compare to S2? Has it become faster?

Missed this, sorry. I don't think S3 was faster intrinsically, although the trap dungeons were very quick and they had a fixed layout.

S4 is getting buffs to all the tier multipliers, so WT2, 3 and 4 will all go faster

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Doomykins posted:

Also take the campaign finale hell tileset and spin that into a few procgen dungeons, I respect asset reuse but you gotta like actually reuse your best stuff a lil.

Diablo 3 had Dream Rifts. Every greater rift had a chance to spawn with better density of mobs, less dangerous mobs and more straightforward layouts. It would be cool if D4 had a chance to spawn a Hell Pit when you open the pit

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
the link they have in the announcement the other day to the patch notes is a 404. rip

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm more looking forward to the season than I was before, so a successful stream from my pov

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Missed this, sorry. I don't think S3 was faster intrinsically, although the trap dungeons were very quick and they had a fixed layout.

S4 is getting buffs to all the tier multipliers, so WT2, 3 and 4 will all go faster

Oh thats good. I was afraid not being able to test all this new stuff out since I never got to 100 before.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Doomykins posted:

OK I think what feels really weird about this season is that it's the pre-expac season, yeah, so there should really be a tie-in to "uhhh there's these weird rear end Cultists of Hate from across the sea causing antics, pursue this questline that leads you to the great rift pit" and maybe they juice Astaroth into a heavily Mephisto-flavored Uber. Not complaining that we didn't get him/any new Ubers cause we're getting Uber Andariel but as far as theming goes he's the Mephisto lieutenant guy. Seems to be a big missed opportunity.

If I was really being greedy I'd say that each season storyline should be a step forward in the overarching plot towards the expansion campaign but I'm spoiled by MMOs doing that in their content patches admittedly.

Just some shower thoughts, thinking about killing demons while I scrub a dub dub.

There is zero indication that this is the pre xpack expansion. There is at least 1 more after this before the end of the year

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ah poo poo, really? I thought they extended S3 by 1-2 months to line S4 up with running until the expac releases.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Mikojan posted:

Oh thats good. I was afraid not being able to test all this new stuff out since I never got to 100 before.

Another thing is that Helltide being in WT2 is big buff, it's a fair bit faster than the previous quickest way to get to WT3 (grinding the entrance of Domhaine tunnels)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I was thinking about the "Screw seasonal mechanics, just fix the game." take. And sure, if I have to pick between seasonal mechanics and fixing the game, I'll pick fixing the game. I think my problem is that I don't think they're fixing much with the announced changes.

At its core, the game's itemization still revolves around finding a good base item > slapping on an aspect > upgrading it. The codex of power change where it saves your highest rolled aspect is good, but the rest of it feels so underwhelming to me

The main itemization changes are:

- fewer items drop overall

- removed some useless affixes

- only sacred in WT3 and only ancestral in WT4

- reduced the number of affixes that items drop with

- added greater affixes, which are really just affixes with a 1.5x modifier

- added the tempering system which is just crafting affixes onto your item, which means instead of hoping for an item to drop with all 4 affixes you want, you find one with 2 affixes you want and then craft on the rest

Am I missing anything?

To me, the game is still missing the dopamine rush moments where something really exciting drops. I don't feel like that will change for me with this patch. It's still going to be, "Time to sort through a pile of poo poo and hunt for the base that I can craft into a good item."

Maybe it will be more fun in practice, but that's how I'm feeling about it right now. I'm on the fence about playing season 4.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Here's the full patch notes, god speed

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes?blzcmp=app

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ehud posted:

I was thinking about the "Screw seasonal mechanics, just fix the game." take. And sure, if I have to pick between seasonal mechanics and fixing the game, I'll pick fixing the game. I think my problem is that I don't think they're fixing much with the announced changes.

At its core, the game's itemization still revolves around finding a good base item > slapping on an aspect > upgrading it. The codex of power change where it saves your highest rolled aspect is good, but the rest of it feels so underwhelming to me

The main itemization changes are:

- fewer items drop overall

- removed some useless affixes

- only sacred in WT3 and only ancestral in WT4

- reduced the number of affixes that items drop with

- added greater affixes, which are really just affixes with a 1.5x modifier

- added the tempering system which is just crafting affixes onto your item, which means instead of hoping for an item to drop with all 4 affixes you want, you find one with 2 affixes you want and then craft on the rest

Am I missing anything?

To me, the game is still missing the dopamine rush moments where something really exciting drops. I don't feel like that will change for me with this patch. It's still going to be, "Time to sort through a pile of poo poo and hunt for the base that I can craft into a good item."

Maybe it will be more fun in practice, but that's how I'm feeling about it right now. I'm on the fence about playing season 4.

Try it out when it goes live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Should be a lot of skellies and doggos in season 4.

Guess I'll try a wolfpack Druid again.