Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
'you should only get banned if you commit crimes'

- man who banned a bunch of journalists because he didn't like them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kazil posted:

Those dang kids being antisemitic by saying Palestinians are people. Now let's see what Nick Fuentes has to say.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

R.L. Stine posted:

They were pure evil.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Crimes are also universal and uniform in every single jurisdiction in the world

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Grimes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

And there it is

Is anyone else hearing kazoos?!

ProperCauldron posted:

"We will coup whoever we want! Deal with it! but a principle is a principle. God I'm such a brilliant genius"

R.L. Stine posted:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Nick Fuentes is basically the last well-known person that everyone can agree that "Ok this guy is a Nazi" so I fully expect Elon to start pushing him in the same way he did Alex Jones.

Also, hasn't the "free speech absolutist" banned planned of left-wing accounts?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

E the Shaggy posted:

Nick Fuentes is basically the last well-known person that everyone can agree that "Ok this guy is a Nazi" so I fully expect Elon to start pushing him in the same way he did Alex Jones.

He has banned a bunch of leftwing journalists and reporters. But yet, keeps talking about all how the nazi's are being oppressed.

Interesting.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

some may say it's concerning

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Yes, a lot of left wing accounts and/or just regular journalists

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Nick Fuentes is basically the last well-known person that everyone can agree that "Ok this guy is a Nazi"[...]

You mean other than Musk himself????

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Mudlark posted:

I mean people on the right. Even Republicans know that "Cat Boy Fuhrer" is a giant Nazi.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

They had an HR department?

PhazonLink posted:

i havent read up on my space history science in a bit, but doesnt NASA have special space tires for their mars rovers? also pre Apollo, scientist were even sure what the Moon's surface was like, and thought it could have been a giant dry quicksand "ocean" of dust.

More or less, but I believe we threw some disposable stuff at the moon first, before sending people, to see whether it would go bang or poof when it hit.

gay picnic defence posted:

NASA sent a bunch of probes to land on the moon before Apollo so they were pretty confident it wasn’t made of quicksand. Before those probes it was definitely considered a possibility though.

There you go.

quote:

I think the wheels on the moon rover were a hollow wire frame. Normal air filled tires would probably explode in the vacuum.

They were a woven stainless mesh formed into a tire shape. Are, actually. There's still a rover(s?) up there, and also one in Houston.

generally I prefer posted:

Coincidentally I just watched a video about space tires last week. The ones for the Moon were a wire mesh over a metal frame so that they held their shape. The video goes into some designs for what they're testing for Mars as the current wheels on the rovers are machined aluminum but aren't durable enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNtifE0Z2Q

Oh, cool!

ddiddles posted:

Texas only claims to be free it's run by private insurance and utility companies

You're not wrong.
(source: am Texan.)

PhazonLink posted:

ignore all these examples of chuds doing this with the stars and stripes and replacing it with MAGAshit.

Or, you know, the traitor-loser flag.
Or the Gadsden flag, thin blue line, "Come And Take It"....

edit: typo

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 2, 2024

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

R.L. Stine posted:

What if they had bad vibes?

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

R.L. Stine posted:

Don't forget Kathy Griffin, who commited the unspeakable crime of making fun of Elon. At least that's how I remember it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don’t remember if that was why she got banned, but yes if you are prominent enough and make fun of Elon you may get banned

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Darchangel posted:

More or less, but I believe we threw some disposable stuff at the moon first, before sending people, to see whether it would go bag or poof when it hit.

"Okay it went bang, boys. Get in the rocket. You're going up!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOs-s8e181Q

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

lol that coward is so far from the hinge

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Doctors won't reattach it unless he signs a waiver saying how much he still loves the truck

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

kazil posted:

Doctors won't reattach it unless he signs a waiver saying how much he still loves the truck

warranty is void, due to unauthorized liquids contacting the truck when it wasnt in carwash mode, though

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ilmucche posted:

"Okay it went bang, boys. Get in the rocket. You're going up!"

Pretty much! And you even got that despite my typo (fixed.)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Mudlark posted:

I called him a nazi on reddit and some shithead got mad at me and said musk is antiracist because he called out racism against whites

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Presto posted:

Some college undergrads just dodged a bullet.

These are college undergrads that were voluntarily choosing to back a Musk venture, that feral incompetence is now free to spread and deprive sensible interns of their spots at not-dumb companies.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

AlmightyBob posted:

I called him a nazi on reddit and some shithead got mad at me and said musk is antiracist because he called out racism against whites

That doesn't track. If anyone hates white people it's other white people.
Source: Am European.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Mistle posted:

These are college undergrads that were voluntarily choosing to back a Musk venture, that feral incompetence is now free to spread and deprive sensible interns of their spots at not-dumb companies.

not-dumb companies such as?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

E the Shaggy posted:

Fuentes is out and proud about his fascism but he’s worse than a garden variety nazi. He’s a Christo Fascist that wants a Christian dictator that will gulag/murder people who “sin.” Banning abortion is the least of what Fuentes would want in the world. He wants purity fascism and murder of anyone on the left.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
If you think paying $3000 for a lovely tent is bad you can pay $24000 for this one

https://spacecampers.com/

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
T H E W E D G E

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The X-man cometh posted:

If you think paying $3000 for a lovely tent is bad you can pay $24000 for this one

Oh, they're just taking the reservation money from suckers who think that will ever be made, and running off with it.

Smart.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

7 years ago Elon could go to the met gala and all the coolest and most attractive celebrities would be like "Woah that's Elon Musk, cool" (until he opened his mouth at least) and now he is best friends with a guy who is obsessed with an ancient dog meme and has an AI generate 100 images and posts ten an hour based on Musk's every post, and Ian Miles Cheong

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I saw a cyber truck on the road today, and even after seeing pics and vids of it, it was shockingly bad looking in person :lmao:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dr_rat posted:

Oh, they're just taking the reservation money from suckers who think that will ever be made, and running off with it.

Smart.

Took their business plan from the people behind the catamaran conversion kit for the Cybertruck

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

explosivo posted:

Took their business plan from the people behind the catamaran conversion kit for the Cybertruck

They took their business plan from Tesla itself. The perfect canned audience of 100% concentrated rube.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

i hate how AI and deepfake stuff burns all the oxygen in the room wrt to the issues of "fake" things. like bullshot stuff like that should be watermarked "this is a mockup"

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

The X-man cometh posted:

So I'm $140,000 deep for a lovely camper that can't get wet or I can just buy a Winnebago for that price.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

7 years ago Elon could go to the met gala and all the coolest and most attractive celebrities would be like "Woah that's Elon Musk, cool" (until he opened his mouth at least) and now he is best friends with a guy who is obsessed with an ancient dog meme and has an AI generate 100 images and posts ten an hour based on Musk's every post, and Ian Miles Cheong

If you think that changes how the rich and famous react to him in person then that's on you...

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Lol, I never even noticed in the tweets, but it even has a loving tent - and it looks a million times better than the pathetic excuse for one that the cvberturk has.

$3000. Almost enough to buy Apple's overpriced VR garbage.

The pump isn't even electric. You have to manually pump it up. $200 max on Amazon.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Pump what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A lot of tents like that use air tubes instead of poles, so you use something like a tire pump to inflate the tent

https://youtu.be/8r0ZufleDjw?si=m8TrMhVSCjq71mPM

Enjoy this random man from Kent pumping his tent