Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Based on the Jets in-house series, the Falcons outright rejected the idea of trading out of #8 but also wanted to trade for #10, which was apparently for Latu.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1785508246306095400?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Based on the Jets in-house series, the Falcons outright rejected the idea of trading out of #8 but also wanted to trade for #10, which was apparently for Latu.

Man, moving up from 35 to 10 would have been pricey as gently caress. Trying to give away their future picks before the NFL can take them away?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't normally watch the Jets propaganda, but they usually put together very solid draft propaganda.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I don't normally watch the Jets propaganda, but they usually put together very solid draft propaganda.

So much self congratulating.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/05/stephen-ross-rejected-10-billion-offer-to-sell-dolphins

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol, good

keep trying to win droopy dog

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The F1 race in Miami and control of it is so goddamn valuable. Ross is a genius business man, hard to argue, but what an absolute buffoon when he gets involved with football stuff. Luckily it appears the docking of our 1+3 have caused him to stick to real estate and let the team execs handle the football.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

stuker posted:

i don't think teams should panic draft based on position, but IOL has been a long standing issue for the team and the current situation is:
Hunt -> CAR
Brewer <- TEN
Connor Williams <-> ???

there is no guarantee that your draft pick will be a good player regardless of their selection, much like there is no guarantee your free agent will be a good signing regardless of their contract. everything you're saying applies the same way to the players we did take, but i do know today chop robinson can't snap the ball

There's no guarantee that anything will be successful, sure, but there's relative merits to everything and I think drafting for need is about as low a rung on that ladder as you're going to get besides a genuinely dumb guy actively working to outsmart himself(Wannstedt).

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I think Stephen Ross leaving his team to a dipshit kid whose greatest accomplishment(besides accident of birth) is undoubtedly failing to run a bullshit make-work charity into the ground is a bad scenario.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Hamhandler posted:

There's no guarantee that anything will be successful, sure, but there's relative merits to everything and I think drafting for need is about as low a rung on that ladder as you're going to get besides a genuinely dumb guy actively working to outsmart himself(Wannstedt).

Depends on how serious the need is.

The Bills desperately needed a WR and not taking one would be malpractice.

The Dolphins you might say the same for IDL but the offensive line is basically the same as last year so not quite as big a need.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Im pretty confident in Wynn coming back, but Im concerned with RG. Very little faith in Eich, but happy he had a bit of a late season resurgence into "not total dogshit" territory.

If we can bring in someone that kicks him down to backup depth for C and G, Im happy.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

:shrug:

i hope y'all are right and i'm just being too pessimistic

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Im pretty confident in Wynn coming back, but Im concerned with RG. Very little faith in Eich, but happy he had a bit of a late season resurgence into "not total dogshit" territory.

If we can bring in someone that kicks him down to backup depth for C and G, Im happy.
I'm not really impressed with a team that looks at Liam Eichenberg being a potential starter and...just goes with it. Serious :tif: energy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well yeah hence the point of that entire post

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

stuker posted:

secondary aside, i do not think it's that easy to find replacement level OL and i really think we're gonna find ourselves here in a year wondering why the hell we went into the season with that group

time is a flat circle

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I assume Paul will get some time at G

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

tarbrush posted:

I assume Paul will get some time at G

I’m not a fan of doing this for a raw player who needs technical stuff cleaned up. You usually get a mediocre guard and slowing down their development at tackle.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1785992929661579378

Douglas completely bungled this.

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets sure love to release videos making it look like they're the Wolf of Wall Street when they're more like Willy Loman.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Excited for the draft in 4 years now, when the Jets are drafting another QB and the Vikings have a franchise QB while the Jordan Love led Packers have won the Super Bowl twice. Meanwhile in Pittsburgh the Tomlin led Steelers with Fields at QB still don’t have a season under .500

Going for the big brained trifecta here.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Hamhandler posted:

I’m not a fan of doing this for a raw player who needs technical stuff cleaned up. You usually get a mediocre guard and slowing down their development at tackle.

I don't mind it. It worked for Tunsil, and their scheme seems pretty amenable to putting tackles at G

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1786053827457626335

Competition for one of the worst kickers in the league.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The second highest drafted kicker since Aguayo lmbo. At least this one didn't have nazi tattoos. Late stage Bill drafts sure were something

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Excited for the draft in 4 years now, when the Jets are drafting another QB and the Vikings have a franchise QB while the Jordan Love led Packers have won the Super Bowl twice. Meanwhile in Pittsburgh the Tomlin led Steelers with Fields at QB still don’t have a season under .500

Going for the big brained trifecta here.

So you have the Jets drafting a bust QB in 2026 and then cutting bait on him after 2 years to draft a QB in 28?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

So you have the Jets drafting a bust QB in 2026 and then cutting bait on him after 2 years to draft a QB in 28?

They are going to somehow draft someone so bad that we miss Zach Wilson but he still gets a second season and we miss out on drafting a good QB cause we take a CB or OT who bombs

Nov 6, 2002

I have a hard time imagining a QB worse than Zach Wilson by any order of magnitude that would start for more than one game.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I have a hard time imagining a QB worse than Zach Wilson by any order of magnitude that would start for more than one game.

Wait until Drake Maye hits the field.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Wait until Drake Maye hits the field.

lol i never wanted you to be right about anything more

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Nah, I want them to suffer through Mac 2.0. Is he good? Is he bad? No one knows, but we know he’s an rear end in a top hat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Nah, I want them to suffer through Mac 2.0. Is he good? Is he bad? No one knows, but we know he’s an rear end in a top hat

it was very obvious he was bad

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

it was very obvious he was bad

Nah, his rookie season he was okay.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Our 5th year vet on our new rookie lol

https://twitter.com/RealAlexBarth/status/1786070655646994889

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

If that's the case, he seems to be very indecisive concerning 'where he wants'

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1786152810226069679
Desperate not to have to recall Aj Klien again, the Bills squad is going to be Josh Allen and 52 linebackers.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1786152810226069679
Desperate not to have to recall Aj Klien again, the Bills squad is going to be Josh Allen and 52 linebackers.

Hell, that might make the playoffs.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
They’d still beat the Dolphins twice

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Play posted:

If that's the case, he seems to be very indecisive concerning 'where he wants'

plus "on time" to that location doesn't really enter in to it with Milton

t a s t e