Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

biden began as a bad person and got worse and worse over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

docbeard posted:

He's arguing that the protests that Biden claimed weren't peaceful actually are. So it's a subtler disagreement than "actually protests SHOULDN'T be peaceful"

I don't know this guy's views on whether the protests were violent or not so it looked possible he's backing up Biden saying you can still play by the rules and affect change like these other examples. (I'm not saying the protestors were violent btw)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

even a vague look at bidens entire history and he comes off entirely as a gigantic rear end in a top hat/piece of poo poo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

even a vague look at bidens entire history and he comes off entirely as a gigantic rear end in a top hat/piece of poo poo

thats only if you see the stuff he did or his views as bad. joe biden won liberal adoration for his stances on school integration and his closeness to strom thurmond

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i miss when Snopes was a hand-coded HTML site that only covered the really silly stuff like "do pop rocks and cola make birds explode" and "can the lifeguard tell when you pee in the pool"

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1243810315613208576

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

and even at at just 6 months from the election, I still think Joe Biden could put together a victory if he made the even modest efforts but he doesn't seem willing or able to do that anymore

SixteenShells posted:

yeah you can't be Biden AND have this controversy AND have this little time before the election. A more popular candidate could weather the controversy. Biden could probably limp over if the genocide ended immediately and he had a clean 6-8 months of news. And obviously not supporting a genocide would help. He's faced with a "pick 2 and you win" scenario and he's just hosed.

I agree that if he did virtually anything positive, he could win. But he doesn't want to so ?????

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

he's a bad politician lmao

yes because he never had to try in his career

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Literally any human capable of speaking would make this a competitive race but they demanded to go with the late stage dementia patient backed by extreme propaganda.

Right, I don't really think Trump is a "strong" candidate as much as he's stronger than the likes of Clinton, Biden, Harris, Buttigiege, etc. When you put up careerist freaks who can't speak or display fake empathy, you get defeated by an imbecile who can crack a joke. 2020 was a very tight victory for Biden (as was 2016 for Trump), and it can largely be chalked up to Trump being unable to contain his absolute worst impulses.

Biden, of course, cannot crack a joke because he's constantly insisting his statements are "not a joke."

Nichael has issued a correction as of 21:31 on May 2, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

What proof? Why are there so many of these "angry biden staffer" accounts? Why do they think this will work when it didn't work for Hillary? At least trump kisses his bases rear end instead of shaming them.

People like that twitter person see an article headline like this - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/04/israel-us-gaza-joe-biden-benjamin-netanyahu-phone-call

And they simply interpret it as "the Facts are that Biden is seeking a ceasefire." Not only is it in The News, but it's even in the title text!

Basically they believe that, when they look through the headlines of the NYTimes, Guardian, NPR, or whatever, they're simply learning The Facts about what's happening.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

What proof? Why are there so many of these "angry biden staffer" accounts? Why do they think this will work when it didn't work for Hillary? At least trump kisses his bases rear end instead of shaming them.

They’re supposed to be PR accounts that try to convince you to like Biden, but none of the people staffing them have any people skills whatsoever so they end up doing the exact opposite.

Anyway that’s a very :ironicat: use of the word Parochial, because only someone with a very limited, narrow, or provincial world view would be satisfied with that talking point.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

Right, I don't really think Trump is a "strong" candidate as much as he's stronger than the likes of Clinton, Biden, Harris, Buttigiege, etc. When you put up careerist freaks who can't speak or display fake empathy, you get defeated by an imbecile who can crack a joke. 2020 was a very tight victory for Biden (as was 2016 for Trump), and it can largely be chalked up to Trump being unable to contain his absolute worst impulses.

Biden, of course, cannot crack a joke because he's constantly insisting his statements are "not a joke."

Trump is genuinely good at working the camera, and that shouldn't be enough, but it probably is, both because of the ugly reality that politics is and always has been a popularity contest and because the Democrats have never felt the need to try to appeal to people with net worths under ten million dollars and they absolutely refuse to learn that they need to

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
"decent man" is how a criminal defense lawyer refers to their absolutely guilty client

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

But Biden says he wants a ceasefire, and Biden is an honorable man

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1786040263820857832

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's chris hayes' whole thing, to the point where his shows literally called "why is this happening??"

his segment comparing to the 1968 protests was surprisingly really good, and how they immediately broke their word and hosed over the students after negotiating with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZi7gxXEh5I

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

National Day of make-believe.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Praying for Joe Biden

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

as a rule, dissent only occurs when people fail to understand the greater context of their actions. ultimately, blame falls on the Biden admin for their inability to articulate proper language parameters that would assist potential customers in understanding their pre-determined shortcomings

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Were civil rights activists in the '50s and '60s "loud and disruptive?" Of course not. They were civil and well-spoken, which was the whole point and entirely why MLK is so revered.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

as a rule, dissent only occurs when people fail to understand the greater context of their actions. ultimately, blame falls on the Biden admin for their inability to articulate proper language parameters that would assist potential customers in understanding their pre-determined shortcomings
Who fell out of the coconut tree
?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/KamalaHarris/status/1786124823984247240

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

comedyblissoption posted:

charliekirk
jacksonhinklle
matt walsh
candace o
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
mtg is a seated member of congress which is the only reason her insane opinions are notable at all. this is just a bunch of loud right-wing nobodies ranting. and why would you smear justin amash by lumping him together with these slavering nazis?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Nah; I just gotta touch the hot stove every now & then when someone says lieberman killed the public option in the aca or that the police aren't brutalizing the student protestors.

I could've saved myself from a lot of beatdowns as a kid if I'd kept my mouth shut but instead I took the bruises bc I'm hardwired that way. :sad:

It's like four weirdos patting themselves in the back. At least GBS has people in it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

who are these for? :wtc:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

MLK has been entirely made into something he wasent naturally by the status quo freaks, hell one of his biggest enemies was as he called them the white moderate

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

who are these for? :wtc:

cramped calves

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"that little AKA was me"

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Shageletic posted:

It's like four weirdos patting themselves in the back.

five, including me.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gotta say the US looking the most fascist I have ever seen it under Biden.

Did we see mass attacks on anti-war protestors during the Bush Admin?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Harik posted:

his segment comparing to the 1968 protests was surprisingly really good, and how they immediately broke their word and hosed over the students after negotiating with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZi7gxXEh5I

Yeah, he’s basically the Shep Smith of MSNBC

It’s also probably why he always looks like he’s dead inside

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
shep smith at least forced fox to install giant candy crush playing ipads in his studio set

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I don't think Gen Z is going to be supporting Israel at any point in their lives after this.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

"that little AKA was me"

Does it say "fweedom" on it

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Al! posted:

theyre going to ban eating bugs next since theyre so loving obsessed with that idea

nah, they won't ever ban eating bugs because it'd force the meat industry to actually clean up their act and not have an "acceptable limit" of cockroach bits in ground beef.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Raccooon posted:

I don't think Gen Z is going to be supporting Israel at any point in their lives after this.

They don’t really get a choice in the matter

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/jonathanchait/status/1786080638975484148
https://x.com/jonathanchait/status/1786124622691271046
https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1784332547003940944
https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1784009268921839850

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

i miss when Snopes was a hand-coded HTML site that only covered the really silly stuff like "do pop rocks and cola make birds explode" and "can the lifeguard tell when you pee in the pool"

it legit used to be one of the best websites on the internet. now look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it must be incredibly exhausting to have to constantly insist that the democrats are good and correct, actually, even through god awful poo poo like this