Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

Your compass isn't set to Wide, is it?

Had not even considered compass width, I'll check that later tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I've read from people here that difficulty 1-3 are more likely to spawn super credits, since on diff 4 and onward POI's tend to reward rare samples as well, thus reducing your chances of getting that sweet money.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

PacoPepe posted:

I've read from people here that difficulty 1-3 are more likely to spawn super credits, since on diff 4 and onward POI's tend to reward rare samples as well, thus reducing your chances of getting that sweet money.

This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that higher difficulty missions have more POIs than lower level ones, so it's a diluted spawn table but the map has more rolls on it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I really don't find the 'destroy X automatons' missions fun at all, they're the only ones I hate. At this point I just bring strikes and barrages to them. I love the 40 minute missions and the blitz missions. Is there a way of gaming it so that I can get 3 of the kinds of missions I like? Otherwise I'll just run the 40 minute/blitz missions and skip the final one 'destroy X whatevers' but I suspect the pubbies might get mad.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

redreader posted:

I really don't find the 'destroy X automatons' missions fun at all, they're the only ones I hate. At this point I just bring strikes and barrages to them. I love the 40 minute missions and the blitz missions. Is there a way of gaming it so that I can get 3 of the kinds of missions I like? Otherwise I'll just run the 40 minute/blitz missions and skip the final one 'destroy X whatevers' but I suspect the pubbies might get mad.

Host your own missions/campaign and don't pick the ones that have the destroy all x missions

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

redreader posted:

The only reason to complete an operation is to get the third tier of bonus medals and to unlock the next difficulty if you haven't yet. Just pick the missions you actually want to play if you're hosting.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

thinking about that new booster in the upcoming warbond has made me really start to feel like the devs should really let each player in the squad choose a booster instead of just one

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

turn off the TV posted:

thinking about that new booster in the upcoming warbond has made me really start to feel like the devs should really let each player in the squad choose a booster instead of just one

That is exactly how it works right now though? :confused:

you just can't double up on boosters.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jerkface posted:

The only reason to complete an operation is to get the third tier of bonus medals and to unlock the next difficulty if you haven't yet. Just pick the missions you actually want to play if you're hosting.

reported for not doing your part to advance the major order

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Away all Goats posted:

Host your own missions/campaign and don't pick the ones that have the destroy all x missions

Do such campaigns exist? I was asking because every single loving mission-group has one of them from what I can tell.
edit: some bug pesticide tower related mission groups do not have 'eradicate x bugs' but that's about it, those mission groups only appeared last week.

redreader fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 2, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The odds of seeing an eradication in a 3-mission op are high but it's not guaranteed. In the absence of any weird missions like the current TCS shutdown, sometimes you'll get a blitz instead.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm just gonna shrug at stuff from now on because "you get 10 SC if you're lucky" and "it's easy to hit the Medals cap" is just not anywhere near my experience, and I don't know what I could be doing different. I am not poopsocking this game and not ripping around Helldives with a crew of MLG gamers, no grinding, less than 10 hours a week and about half the personal orders and I'm always broke for Medals but able to earn enough SC to get the Warbonds without paying. Just don't know what to say.

That's where I'm at too. Still starved for medals, but I have all of the warbonds and enough SC for the next one already.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Desperately waiting for Oops! All Blitzes! campaigns, which - to me anyway - are the absolute best parts of this game.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Angry_Ed posted:

That is exactly how it works right now though? :confused:

you just can't double up on boosters.

i don't think that's really how it works when you have three very good and effectively mandatory boosters, the good booster and then the others.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I've got the EMS turret and if nobody else has it it's a game-changer, better than the orbital laser if everyone else has enough 'boom'. At this point when I drop in my scout recon armour I can be sure that all of the pubbies will trigger bot drops, so I just call it ASAP and it helps the start-of-mission-pubbie-shitshow every time.

The recon armour + the "move hellpods more" upgrade have made this game a lot easier.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

turn off the TV posted:

i don't think that's really how it works when you have three very good and effectively mandatory boosters, the good booster and then the others.

turn off the TV posted:

Can you expound on this? Like by way of example? Right now each player in the squad chooses a booster...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Desperately waiting for Oops! All Blitzes! campaigns, which - to me anyway - are the absolute best parts of this game.

as long as atmospheric spores arent active, I agree

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Boosters definitely have some weird balance right now where the good ones are insanely good and the mediocre ones are comically bad. Like half of the booster lineup might as well not be in the game. I’d probably only consider Stamina and Muscle Enhancement absolutely mandatory, but HSO and Vitality are just so head and shoulders above the rest of the remaining options that they may as well be.

Jerkface posted:

Can you expound on this? Like by way of example? Right now each player in the squad chooses a booster...

90% of matches right now will be “HSO/Vitality/Stamina/Muscle Enhancment” and the other 10% will have someone saying “hey you should pick one of those 4 stop running localization confusion.” You technically have choice but the actual outcome is insanely narrow.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Jerkface posted:

would you ever choose expert extraction pilot over the booster that gives you all of your stims and ammo when you respawn? would you choose the booster that negates hit stun over the booster that negates hit stun and lets you run up hills and through deep snow/mud/sand without slowing down as much? because the answer to that is probably no unless you are just loving around, so why even have that be a choice? space optimization, stamina enhancement and vitality enhancement should just be destroyer upgrades

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I think they're saying we ostensibly have a choice but the good ones are too good not to take so it's not a real decision?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Buff! Bad! Boosters!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i never liked the booster system tbh. its inherently biased against smaller teams, and some of the boosters (like the muscles one) just straight out eliminate mechanics and texture from the game (ie bushes being hazards.)

it also kind of greatly narrows the design space armors have. you could have armors that are good at some of the booster things, (like walking through rough terrain features) but not while the boosters are there.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

redreader posted:

I've got the EMS turret and if nobody else has it it's a game-changer, better than the orbital laser if everyone else has enough 'boom'. At this point when I drop in my scout recon armour I can be sure that all of the pubbies will trigger bot drops, so I just call it ASAP and it helps the start-of-mission-pubbie-shitshow every time.

The recon armour + the "move hellpods more" upgrade have made this game a lot easier.

Same. It's a permanent pick for me vs bots now, even on the -1 Stratagem planets. It's so good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Localization Confusion is incredibly good on small missions with automatic burst/dropship spawns because it slows them down.

At least, probably. Some goons have posted that it does and when I started taking it it felt like it did.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sindai posted:

Localization Confusion is incredibly good on small missions with automatic burst/dropship spawns because it slows them down.

At least, probably. Some goons have posted that it does and when I started taking it it felt like it did.

Localized confusion made those asset defense missions much easier.

turn off the TV posted:

would you ever choose expert extraction pilot over the booster that gives you all of your stims and ammo when you respawn? would you choose the booster that negates hit stun over the booster that negates hit stun and lets you run up hills and through deep snow/mud/sand without slowing down as much? because the answer to that is probably no unless you are just loving around, so why even have that be a choice? space optimization, stamina enhancement and vitality enhancement should just be destroyer upgrades

I agree with this. I don't think thats what you wrote originally though lol Was really trying to wrap my head around what you said there

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Personally I will choose pretty much any booster over the optimized pod space one that gives you full boosters/stims/ammo, I don't understand why people value that one so much. Either you die so infrequently that it doesn't do anything for you, or you die so frequently that having the two extra stims isn't going to do much for you anyway. You can just call down a resupply right at the start of a mission to allow everyone to start their first life off with max resources without it, and for anything except very-frequent deaths afterward the resupply will most likely be off cooldown. PoIs are also absolutely littered with ammo/stim/grenade packs.

I agree that it should be a destroyer upgrade instead though because I'd love to see people stop spending a booster slot on it.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 2, 2024

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

redreader posted:

The only way to "reroll" an existing operation is to start it, then abandon back to ship once you're past the loading screen. I do this all the time if I get Eradicate Automatons or Scientist Rescue, because both of those types of missions are about as fun as loving a knife.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

deep dish peat moss posted:

Personally I will choose pretty much any booster over the optimized pod space one that gives you full boosters/stims/ammo, I don't understand why people value that one so much. Either you die so infrequently that it doesn't do anything for you, or you die so frequently that having the two extra stims isn't going to do much for you anyway. You can just call down a resupply right at the start of a mission to allow everyone to start their first life off with max resources without it, and for anything except very-frequent deaths afterward the resupply will most likely be off cooldown.

I agree that it should be a destroyer upgrade instead though because I'd love to see people stop spending a booster slot on it.

I don't die that often (outside of very funny missions) but I still like to start with the full package without needing to call down resupply or bother my teammates. I scavenge at POIs but sometimes theres no stims / grenades and thats very annoying. I just like being fully stocked.

It should be a destroyer upgrade for sure. Starting with half stims and not full grenades and half mags is annoying even if its a negligible impact. Maybe its like an OCD thing. Also its very possible to run around using your stims without dying due to things like hunter tickles or diving off a rock head first and repairing chip damage etc And sometimes I'm by myself and wouldnt want to waste a resupply away from the team.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The real answer is for everyone to jump on the supply pack bandwagon and never run out of grenades, stims or ammo again :colbert:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

redreader posted:

Just pick a planet and difficulty and search the map for your favourite missions. If they aren’t there check another planet or just wait a minute so it refreshes. When the mission is over just salute them and leave, and repeat.

I haven’t played an eradicate in forever

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The real answer is for everyone to jump on the supply pack bandwagon and never run out of grenades, stims or ammo again :colbert:

Supply packs fall into the same category as EATs in my eyes.

Off cool down? Call that poo poo down.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Personally I will choose pretty much any booster over the optimized pod space one that gives you full boosters/stims/ammo, I don't understand why people value that one so much. Either you die so infrequently that it doesn't do anything for you, or you die so frequently that having the two extra stims isn't going to do much for you anyway. You can just call down a resupply right at the start of a mission to allow everyone to start their first life off with max resources without it, and for anything except very-frequent deaths afterward the resupply will most likely be off cooldown. PoIs are also absolutely littered with ammo/stim/grenade packs.

I dunno what you're talking about, having a full complement of grenades every time you respawn is great for a die instantly on call down situation. That's pretty much the number 1 draw of space optimization.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

mercenarynuker posted:

So I have a UI question. At one point when I toggled my map, I could see the samples count (X/Y Commons, A/B Rares, etc). I rejiggered some settings at one point I think and now I can't anymore. I have had the Settings option "Sample Visibility" set to both Visible and Dynamic since then, but it still doesn't show the Samples count. Is that little counter tied to something else? I know it still exists, because my buddy has it on his, but we're stumped on what setting I need to enable/disable

This happened to me. It has something to do with another ui element being set to static as well. Removing mission objective ui as static should fix it.

Or something like that.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Thank you to whoever posted here about orbital precision strikes 1-shotting bile titans. I've been running precision instead of 500kg's and something about landing the precision strike feels so much better than the 500.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bbcisdabomb posted:

Thank you to whoever posted here about orbital precision strikes 1-shotting bile titans. I've been running precision instead of 500kg's and something about landing the precision strike feels so much better than the 500.

500kg is awesome because you get 2 charges and you can use it on a big variety of targets. Does the orbital cooldown average out to be as useful?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bbcisdabomb posted:

the day that attack strats properly stick to enemies will be like Christmas

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

500kg is awesome because you get 2 charges and you can use it on a big variety of targets. Does the orbital cooldown average out to be as useful?

The Precision Orbital has more downtime per use (100s for 1 use versus the 500kg's 150s after 2 uses), but you can have its cooldown running while a different Eagle strategem is available, which you can't do with the 500kg. You can also bring both and kill every BT you see.

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 2, 2024

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

the day that attack strats properly stick to enemies will be like Christmas

There are going to be so many team wipes from throwing an eagle cluster bomb into a pack of hunters

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
If you quit during a mission you should be given the traitor barrage the next time you drop, no matter where you are. Also there should be a big flashing (TRAITOR AND A COWARD) after your name so everybody knows what you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

If you quit during a mission you should be given the traitor barrage the next time you drop, no matter where you are. Also there should be a big flashing (TRAITOR AND A COWARD) after your name so everybody knows what you did.

Ok but they have to fix their netcode first. Still getting plenty of games where halfway through a mission it just cuts to black screen and then I'm standing back on my ship without an error/kick message or anything.