Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Yep. Look at this loving freak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
old ram is trash loot

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mawarannahr posted:

Yep. Look at this loving freak.

why it lookin at me with them eyes

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

3D Megadoodoo posted:

One time I managed to really badly scare myself because I didn't recognize myself in the mirror and was too stupid to understand that that meant I was dreaming.

Had this happen once but I was awake and simultaneously forgot a bunch of other stuff so I'm pretty sure I just got some of that post covid brain damage or something

capitalism.txt part is it was like a month after I got laid off so I didn't have health insurance and haven't seen a doctor about it lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i am harry posted:

it’s going to be a $20 fee to quote me you can send that through PayPal or Venmo

Don't encourage number guy

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The only numbers guy who says anything worth listening to is 24601

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://x.com/mu2myoc/status/1782755000105517241

I'm sure by the same standard he's offering free comprehensive 90 minute consultations to people who want to make sure he's up to snuff

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

https://x.com/mu2myoc/status/1782755000105517241

I'm sure by the same standard he's offering free comprehensive 90 minute consultations to people who want to make sure he's up to snuff

https://twitter.com/mu2myoc/status/1749893995654734174

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i'm not going to work for free and i'm not going to send in a cover letter or a thank you note for the interview

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

bedpan posted:

i'm not going to work for free and i'm not going to send in a cover letter or a thank you note for the interview

Yeah most of the job application process just seems designed to make sure you'll do stupid busywork to soothe some jackass's ego

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

When I applied for my current job I did do a cover letter and they said I was literally the only person who actually did that out of like 100 applicants and it made a great first impression. Also it takes 30 seconds to make one and you can just use a template (like I did).

Thank-you follow up notes however, nah.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Shame Boy posted:

When I applied for my current job I did do a cover letter and they said I was literally the only person who actually did that out of like 100 applicants and it made a great first impression. Also it takes 30 seconds to make one and you can just use a template (like I did).

I'm assuming 100 out of 100 applicants use chatGPT for that now.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

spechtie posted:

That would honestly take longer. You just swap a few sentences and buzzwords into a generic template, it ain't no thing

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
ChatGPT hallucinated my cover letter and now I’m CEO.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lmao cover letter gently caress you man *whips out dick* here’s all you need to know. yep and average work is what you’ll get. pig.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spechtie posted:

This was like 8 months ago so ChatGPT was already an option and nobody was bothering with it :shrug:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I've almost exclusively applied for public sector jobs (in Denmark), and they always require a cover letter.

My version of this is one page of three short paragraphs selectively copied from my own previous applications, emphasizing and elaborating particular skills and experiences also mentioned on my résumé (which should never be more than two pages) and proclaiming their relevance to the open position.

Based on the applications I've gotten to read from other people this is way way way more work than the average person puts into it.

Like 90 % of applications were pure garbage; not even AI word salad, just barely edited but clearly human draft text from people with loving master's degrees.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
yes I made the robot write cover letters for me that I swap nouns around in

no I shouldn't have to

feel like this shouldn't be controversial in cspam of all places?

(my actual hot take is that cover letters should be illegal because that sort of "cultural fit" "unwritten rules" poo poo is just applied racism)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's so context specific it's about as useful as "if your car is gray the insurance will be cheaper"

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

They can't say it but they want you to affix a picture to the cover letter so they know they are hiring the right guy (male).

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:ohdear: But what will become of your branding?
https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1786141163822391319?s=19

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh no....rapacious capitalism might not take kindly to being anti genocide...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yes the future, one thing we know was looking bright before

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

spechtie posted:

I used chat gpt to write the cover letter for my current job.

Always had to edit them, but for vomiting up a big pile of useless corporate speak text that no one will read, it was great.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHB8i36CYq4

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The whole job recruitment process is dumb as poo poo, you really can't tell if you're getting a good employee before they've been there for a few months at least.

Danish custom is to always have cover letters, which are more accurately translated as applications. Luckily there's a way to avoid them: nepotism and its friend "I know this guy". Really cool if you don't know any guys.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Work on your handshake :rolleyes:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Work on the company server's handshake to spoof it properly when you upload your CV to the accepted pile

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Won't somebody think of the personal braaaaaands?!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Do not oppose me, think about your future in the regime

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Oh no, my personal brand is associated with opposition to genocide!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

jeebus bob posted:

I've almost exclusively applied for public sector jobs (in Denmark), and they always require a cover letter.

My version of this is one page of three short paragraphs selectively copied from my own previous applications, emphasizing and elaborating particular skills and experiences also mentioned on my résumé (which should never be more than two pages) and proclaiming their relevance to the open position.

Based on the applications I've gotten to read from other people this is way way way more work than the average person puts into it.

Like 90 % of applications were pure garbage; not even AI word salad, just barely edited but clearly human draft text from people with loving master's degrees.

most people apply for jobs when they're annoyed and desperate at their current job. it's just something you do to feel better sometimes.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Thank-you follow up notes however, nah.

I think about this sometimes but I still refuse on principal to supply a cover letter

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: this is like the other side of the coin of restaurants losing massive amounts of business and having nearly empty dinning rooms despite having booked every table in reservations because people are reserving every table in popular places to then sell the reservations online

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

most people apply for jobs when they're annoyed and desperate at their current job. it's just something you do to feel better sometimes.

But if that application is unlikely to get you an interview, what's the point? Do you derive satisfaction from the symbolic act of pressing send on a web form?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

jeebus bob posted:

But if that application is unlikely to get you an interview, what's the point? Do you derive satisfaction from the symbolic act of pressing send on a web form?

I do when the send buttons are called "post" or "reply"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Ruffian Price posted:

Do not oppose me, think about your future in the regime

This only seems like a valid threat in an already bloated job field. Like sure, under capitalism nobody is indispensable but in the climate of 'nobody wants to work!' how many fields are actually gonna give a poo poo? Is some kid who got conked on the head by LAPD really gonna need to worry that Holden McBloodfeast III is totally throwing her resume in the trash?

I see a lot of responses on Twitter about this, people saying "what's the point of covering up with masks the panopticon we're living in ensures they'll be identified and never have meaningful work again". Of course they're saying this wishfully, hoping the protestors receive a lifetime of punishment and suffering for their actions. I think it's also kind of a cope, since they'd assume people aren't going to do anything too extreme. After all, they have their CAREERS to think about! But if that's not a disincentive nor is violence then they have nothing to stop people from continuing to agitate for their causes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pro tip: just be tall and handsome and part of the ingroup, its super easy to get a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
drat it, only 2 out of 3...