Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Buff! Bad! Boosters!

There isn't really a way to buff indirect boosters like pelican timer or reinforcement budgets to compete with baseline performance boosts like ammo or stamina that are applicable all the time. If too many are baseline player boosts then that's what gets run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Someone did the too slow emote to me so I quit their lobby. Good luck on your helldive, you big jerk

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

GruntyThrst posted:

Someone did the too slow emote to me so I quit their lobby. Good luck on your helldive, you big jerk

it's a toxic and unacceptable emote that goes against the spirit of democratic brotherhood

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

boosters should be individual perks that have some negative consequence similar to how fallout does them. put the stamina/muscle/HSO perks as destroyer addons

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Reiley posted:

There isn't really a way to buff indirect boosters like pelican timer or reinforcement budgets to compete with baseline performance boosts like ammo or stamina that are applicable all the time. If too many are baseline player boosts then that's what gets run.

Are you saying you'd rather take +25% ammo on drop than fully negate the waiting period for Pelican?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Baby T. Love posted:

The Precision Orbital has more downtime per use (100s for 1 use versus the 500kg's 150s after 2 uses), but you can have its cooldown running while a different Eagle strategem is available, which you can't do with the 500kg. You can also bring both and kill every BT you see.

Ive been subbing it for railcannon in my normal eagle airstrike, 500 kg, railcannon mixture and its nice to have both

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm still hella mad that there's no chest bump emote

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Baby T. Love posted:

Are you saying you'd rather take +25% ammo on drop than fully negate the waiting period for Pelican?

Yeah. I can hold out for a minute.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Precision orbital is nice (and I’ll usually bring it) but it does suffer problems from all the orbital conditions as opposed to the railcannon which is really only hit hard by the CD increase.

You also generally don’t throw stuff right off CD either so while the timer is a lot better on it it’s not as large as you might think.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I like orbital railcannon because it allows me to not have to replace my support with an EAT whenever I see a big boy

Unfortunately, that means I don't get to use EATs, which is sad and boring.

Luckily, RR with orbital rail strikes is good for maximum anti-large (if you're with your buds)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For the first time ever I had another person team reload my AC for me. I moved away on the first attempt because I didn't know what he was doing and he was blocking my aim. But it worked the second time.

It felt oddly... intimate.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hellpod Space Optimization is good because you can grenade your way out of twice as many bad spawn situations with it, that's just simple math.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

bootydiver

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

rob liefeld presents helldivers 2

edit: this diver took BBL instead of HSO

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I just want a wheel with all my emotes loaded on. Good game? gently caress yeah fist bump me bro.
I cruised through while dragging you along? Scout handshake.

Someone has to carry the drat brick and we all forgot bring any useful secondaries for it? Rock paper scissors.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
PSN account linking is going to stop being optional soon:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529806518741

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i have every other bond and im torn between unlocking cutting edge now and farming a bit for the next one or wait a week...

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Unlikely the new bond will be better than cutting edge imo but might as well wait and see

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah cutting edge is IMO the best warbond by quite a lot. The sickle and queso (even post nerf) are still 2 great weapons and the laser cannon isn't bad either.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Neither the Quasar or the Laser Cannon are from the warbond, they're just stratagems that are available to everyone.

Cutting Edge has the Sickle and the Stun Grenades which are both good though. The new one is going to have the Mini Quasar which I predict will own hard.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

deep dish peat moss posted:

Personally I will choose pretty much any booster over the optimized pod space one that gives you full boosters/stims/ammo, I don't understand why people value that one so much. Either you die so infrequently that it doesn't do anything for you, or you die so frequently that having the two extra stims isn't going to do much for you anyway. You can just call down a resupply right at the start of a mission to allow everyone to start their first life off with max resources without it, and for anything except very-frequent deaths afterward the resupply will most likely be off cooldown. PoIs are also absolutely littered with ammo/stim/grenade packs.

I agree that it should be a destroyer upgrade instead though because I'd love to see people stop spending a booster slot on it.

if you run the extra stims armor or use the grenade pistol, you need 2 resupplies to get back to full. Otherwise, i agree entirely with what youre saying

*edit, wait i was wrong about stims, you start with 4/6

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 3, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i guess no one has mentioned it yet but the new patch today allows for eruptors to penetrate charger armor. you probably have to shoot it a bunch of times but its better than having it ricochet off. you don't have to remove its armor or hit its butt.

edit: guess it could have been the earlier patch since i didnt mess with eruptor too much

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 3, 2024

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Been working on some new tech. Why use a jump pack when you've got a plasma punisher?

https://i.imgur.com/OVqtpEb.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have been using the Blitzer and really liking it except for one thing: it "recoils" to the right.

Every time I shoot it, my viewpoint snaps to the right for a second and then back to center. Happens whether I'm aiming or shooting from the hip. It is extremely annoying and disorienting and even a little sickening. I can't imagine that it's intentional, because your aimpoint doesn't actually move -- it's just the camera swaying like getting hit with an explosion.

Is this just happening on my computer, or is it that way for everyone? Is there a place I can report it as a bug?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

So it seems like switching weapons in first person with the quasar while charging usually gives me the invisible gun glitch.

Today it was especially weird and I was firing my sickle using the quasar model in 3rd person after I tried to get out of the glitch by throwing a strategem. Anybody else experience this before?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Sindai posted:

PSN account linking is going to stop being optional soon:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4196868529806518741

This really shouldn't be a big deal, but I loving hate it anyway.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Ok so stalker spawns definitely got buffed right?

I never had a problem with them before and now they constantly come in packs of three or more and spawn as fast as you can kill them.

I don't like it!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There are a couple of different Stalker nest designs
- Double stalker nests. Congrats! You have 4 stalkers coming at you. Eat poo poo and die.
- Single stalker + scavenger nest. Congrats! You have 2 stalkers, lovely little bugs, and a body of water to cross!
- Single stalker nest. Only 2 stalkers? Boring!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

One of your big problems right now is likely that in your previous games people saw the stalkers from a mile away and killed a few and now they are dead rear end invisible, at least on max graphical settings. They're basically predators. You have to find the shimmer or see where they kick up dust

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I feel like hunters and stalkers spawn more frequently on these TCS maps, because they are continually murdering me. Bugs are way harder than bots currently, in my opinion. I’m probably just more used to fighting bots these days.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Bugs are definitely harder post patch.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there's too many bugs now, the termicide made them too horny

just a lil ruckus
May 12, 2023
i didnt have a psn account when i bought it, still dont andbthe whole playing for months without requiring one is really souring me on this decision.
what "safety and security" is being helped with this change?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Bugs suck rear end, especially when your team has no horde clear. I'm constantly dealing with 12+ hunters in my face at all times.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Bugs suck rear end, especially when your team has no horde clear. I'm constantly dealing with 12+ hunters in my face at all times.

We have the opposite problem, all taking horde clear and orbital rails for titans and forgetting to bring stuff for the chargers so we end up with 3 or 4 of them chasing us around.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Apple Craft posted:

This really shouldn't be a big deal, but I loving hate it anyway.

yeah it sucks unnecessarily

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm just gonna shrug at stuff from now on because "you get 10 SC if you're lucky" and "it's easy to hit the Medals cap" is just not anywhere near my experience, and I don't know what I could be doing different. I am not poopsocking this game and not ripping around Helldives with a crew of MLG gamers, no grinding, less than 10 hours a week and about half the personal orders and I'm always broke for Medals but able to earn enough SC to get the Warbonds without paying. Just don't know what to say.

This is from a few pages ago but it's really a difficulty-centric thing. If you pick operations with two short missions (very easy right now against bugs because of terminid tower missions in every op) you earn 250 medals in around 5 hours of doing 8s or 6.5 hours of doing 7s. An operation with two short missions only takes about 40-45 minutes to complete. But if you play on lower difficulties or if you don't complete full ops it will take a lot longer.

Difficulty 7/8 is also not nearly as difficult as it sounds and can easily be cleared with matchmaking pubs so if you need medals just crank it up! You can unlock everything meaningful across all 4 warbonds within 40-50 hours of doing this which is a pretty good pace even if you're playing for 5-10 hours a week, and then each new warbond only takes 5-10 hours to get everything meaningful from.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 3, 2024

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Infinitum posted:

- Single stalker + scavenger nest. Congrats! You have 2 stalkers, lovely little bugs, and a body of water to cross!

:ninja: you can wall run around the edge of the water and the bugs can't which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Chargers also get stuck in the stalker wading pool, good to know in case the situation presents itself