Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mp5 posted:

The classic Kidnapplebees maneuver

Please please pen this to rob c so he can name the play on the podcast, for when it inevitably happens again in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man this episode was incredible. And Q's cackle at the end of the preview for next week sent me.

The pack is starting to clear up now for rankings after last week

Maria

Charlie

Kenzie
Ben

Liz
Q
Venus

IMO

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Q is so sick lol

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

IcePhoenix posted:

Man this episode was incredible. And Q's cackle at the end of the preview for next week sent me.

The pack is starting to clear up now for rankings after last week

Maria

Charlie

Kenzie
Ben

Liz
Q
Venus

IMO

I'd rank Charlie right on par with Kenzie. He has immunity wins and a good position but he hasn't really made any strategic decisions and he had the flub of that one Venus vote. Kenzie has been swimming the Yanu upstream and has generally good social and strategic prowess. She did just get excluded from the Tiff vote but there are good reasons for that which aren't her fault; she would have been the most likely to squeal. But she still has a good position and she's played an active game.

If I were a juror and FTC was between Charlie and Kenzie right now I'd vote for Kenzie.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'd rank Charlie right on par with Kenzie. He has immunity wins and a good position but he hasn't really made any strategic decisions and he had the flub of that one Venus vote. Kenzie has been swimming the Yanu upstream and has generally good social and strategic prowess. She did just get excluded from the Tiff vote but there are good reasons for that which aren't her fault; she would have been the most likely to squeal. But she still has a good position and she's played an active game.

If I were a juror and FTC was between Charlie and Kenzie right now I'd vote for Kenzie.

I think more people just like him though. Don't overlook how many jurors over the years just vote for people they actually like and ignore the gameplay spreadsheet

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Liz acts like someone who is used to getting her way all the time and I relished seeing her throw a giant baby fit.

Liz wrote Q's name down, so why the gently caress would she ever expect for him to take her on a reward?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'd go the opposite way, I think Charlie's neck and neck with Maria, if not ahead. We've seen her defer to him a few times on what to do, and he seems better liked, plus he's got the immunity wins.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think it's a flub for Charlie to have voted Venus in that one vote. Moriah played her shot in the dark, and in the SITD era everyone should truly not all be voting for the same person.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Charlie might just get immunity every episode going forward. He's really good at the challenges. Its going to be either him or Q at this point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

obliriovrons posted:

I don't think it's a flub for Charlie to have voted Venus in that one vote. Moriah played her shot in the dark, and in the SITD era everyone should truly not all be voting for the same person.

I agree with this but the actual flub was coming clean at the worst possible time after tribal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubber Chicken posted:

I think more people just like him though. Don't overlook how many jurors over the years just vote for people they actually like and ignore the gameplay spreadsheet

Yeah for me it's this + I think with maria out he has a better case on being able to claim most of the things they did as a pair for himself, since they were so collaborative. But (from what the edit is showing us) she seems clearly in the leadership spot of their duo so if they're both at FTC he's kinda sunk, which is why I put him a full tier below her.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Rubber Chicken posted:

You seem to think that’s a bad or invalid way to play?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Fast Luck posted:

I understand she's literally starving due to her tribe failing the rice negotiation for the first time ever so I thought her reaction was fine except she couldn't help but veer into "Q ruined my game" territory for a lot of it :lol: Like what the hell is that, Q got up and acted the fool during the Tevin vote but that didn't stop it from happening! She still got it done! Why is she holding onto that so much.

Yeah that part was a bit much, we know she's been pissed about not getting credit for stuff in past episodes but that's really not the time to bring it up lol. She wasn't yelling at god for not helping her, at least?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

I was thinking they weren't allowed to give it away, but drat. Why wouldn't they include that on the show?!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rubber Chicken posted:

That's how people should always vote. Give the money to whoever you like the most. Who gives a gently caress about the strategic resume. Your job as a jury is to cast one vote for one person for any or no reason. There's too much chance and bullshit going on to pretend like players actions are entirely what gets them to the end, plenty of folks voted out for unlucky or in poo poo circumstances.

As far as I'm concerned, the only person on any season who is good at survivor is the person I'd use my one vote for and if that person can't get me interested in voting them because I just like them as people, then they aren't that good after all.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Charlie might just get immunity every episode going forward. He's really good at the challenges. Its going to be either him or Q at this point.

I have to imagine his proud confessional about grip strength after the challenge came by the interviewer asking him "how the hell did you do that?" I love him

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Just once give me an entire jury casting votes based on picking a random number from 1 to 100 like Greg Buis in Borneo

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Rubber Chicken posted:

tbh if I were on the jury that's pretty much exactly what I would do. You already did all the gameplay you needed to do to be here sitting in front of me, and I have to decide which one of you becomes a millionaire. "Do you deserve this money" is a much more important factor to me than "Did you play this silly made-up TV game the best"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

obliriovrons posted:

Edit: deleting all of this because i was waiting for transit and autocorrect is beyond awful.

Voting Venus was not necessarily a flub, but the way he handled it the next day absolutely was.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 2, 2024

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Q owns and is easily the most watchable contestant in the new era since Carolyn. Post-Bhanu this season has been peak.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

mp5 posted:

You seem to think that’s a bad or invalid way to play?

Not at all, probably one of the best. At least as something you weigh heavily, not the only criteria.

I think gamebot checklist "resume" mode is a lot less fun but it's definitely true that big moves can amuse and impress

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Seemed like a pretty bad episode for Kenzie and should put her firmly behind Maria and Charlie. Going on about resume checklists and such then having your big move stolen from you and being left out of it is a huge hit. Maria and Charlie aren't in the business of letting people with idols slide and seem to have a better approach than Kenzie and Liz who want to make moves just to have moves to claim.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
The more I think about it the more dumb Liz is. You came on this show allergic to any food they have besides rice. You say you don't need the money and you're doing it for your daughter. Why in God's Earth would you then have a giant rear end meltdown over Applebee's?

I could never be on this show because I would have enough self awareness to not do this. Anything Liz has done in life up to this point is now gonna be overshadowed by the blowing up on TV over Applebee's.

I feel bad for her because the Internet is gonna get loving vicious and her poor kids is gonna have to put up with it.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I hope I live long enough to see the Funny115 breakdown for that meltdown.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

Diabetic posted:

The more I think about it the more dumb Liz is. You came on this show allergic to any food they have besides rice. You say you don't need the money and you're doing it for your daughter. Why in God's Earth would you then have a giant rear end meltdown over Applebee's?

I could never be on this show because I would have enough self awareness to not do this. Anything Liz has done in life up to this point is now gonna be overshadowed by the blowing up on TV over Applebee's.

I feel bad for her because the Internet is gonna get loving vicious and her poor kids is gonna have to put up with it.

I feel bad for her kid because shes gonna have people bringing up her mums screaming meltdown for her whole school life. Liz I don't really feel bad for, she's allergic to everything except oxygen and one specific Applebees burger, she should have picked a different tv show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought it ruled, nobody ever just lets it out like that anymore

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Holy poo poo Liz and the loving Applebee's lmao

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

It's good. It's big.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I almost ordered Applebees tonight but then I remembered it's one of the worst delivery experiences possible.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you gotta pick up applebees, you gotta earn it

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

The heavenly music playing when they show the burger :discourse:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STING 64 posted:

you gotta pick up applebees, you gotta earn it

That/s true and you gotta eat the side on the drive back even if it's 5 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do hope applebees threw her a gift card or something

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I can easily see a survivor stress and hunger induced meltdown but she acted proud of it the next day. That's embarrassing

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's weird she had a whole story ready about Applebee's being special to her.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

wilderthanmild posted:

It's weird she had a whole story ready about Applebee's being special to her.

A minor coincidence.

Only seems odd because if she's WEALTHY why Applebee's specifically

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubber Chicken posted:

A minor coincidence.

Only seems odd because if she's WEALTHY why Applebee's specifically

Tradition/comfort trumps money always.

I still eat those 33 cent cup noodle "just add hot water" things even though I don't need to penny pinch like that at all because it just hits the right part of my brain

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Tradition/comfort trumps money always.

I still eat those 33 cent cup noodle "just add hot water" things even though I don't need to penny pinch like that at all because it just hits the right part of my brain

yeah same, any time i visit the gulf coast, even though its terrible for me and its not the best burger or anything i always hit up Wards because it just feels like home

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
It's fully true and I have similar guilty pleasures

I just meant it's at odds with her manufactured persona but I phrased it badly. Probably just truth peeking through the bullshit cloud really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STING 64 posted:

i thought it ruled, nobody ever just lets it out like that anymore

Agreed. I wanted her to burn the camp to the ground.