Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

yes, obviously. it's like they've never heard of any other us presidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I'm not exactly sure what every person that has driven themselves literally insane over Donald Trump will do when he is elected but I can't say all of them will do nothing

They might start complaining about the things they should have been complaining about for the past 4 years. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel a bit mentally stuck in 2020 where my political analysis was that libs will immediately stop criticizing everything they were mad at trump about when biden becomes president but I feel like the reverse will be true too. I doubt covid opinions will change at this point but I feel somewhat confident the I/P situation has a bunch of people who really would like to switch sides without admitting they were wrong or having any introspection.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

youd think this would be a bigger topic of interest since all the extremely serious and honest people in the government are assuring us that china is using tiktok to brainwash the youth into loving hamas an argument that would be significantly more persuasive if we had examples of chinese media expressing a similar position in regard to hamas being unambiguously good and wonderful

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I'm not exactly sure what every person that has driven themselves literally insane over Donald Trump will do when he is elected but I can't say all of them will do nothing

Whatever it is it's going to be funny.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

HallelujahLee posted:

apparently chicago isnt allowing any protests in the city or near it for the dnc

DNC erupts in chaos after Biden reveals he was intentionally tanking his support so he can offer his support to hillary, who will help everyone come together peacefully. (It's still her turn)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you have to think you deserve to be president to run for president
and furthermore you have to be backed by the highest, most isolated tier of the capital class to make it there

it is impossible for someone in that position to not be a maniac

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At least he reversed course on menthol cigarettes since I assume his racist rear end thinks that’s all he needs to do to secure the black vote.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Holy poo poo that's AOC on the ground there.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

I’m a loving lefty left leftist but even I want these dipshits forced to clean up their mess and expelled. This isn’t praxis. This is petulant public wanking.

the cops should be cleaning that up I agree

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

An invasion of 30-50 feral hogs at Columbia.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

HallelujahLee posted:

apparently chicago isnt allowing any protests in the city or near it for the dnc

I'm sure everyone will obey that.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Vorenus posted:

DNC erupts in chaos after Biden reveals he was intentionally tanking his support so he can offer his support to hillary, who will help everyone come together peacefully. (It's still her turn)

this would be pretty funny

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Some Guy TT posted:

youd think this would be a bigger topic of interest since all the extremely serious and honest people in the government are assuring us that china is using tiktok to brainwash the youth into loving hamas an argument that would be significantly more persuasive if we had examples of chinese media expressing a similar position in regard to hamas being unambiguously good and wonderful

if you don't think they should kill everyone in gaza to make sure hamas is gone then you're pro-hamas. kind of like how if someone in your city is a murderer they drop a nuclear bomb on the city. what are you, pro-murder?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

itd probably be better that trump was president since libs would at least be willing to feign indignation about whats happening instead of applauding it. christ

yep. same for covid. With the exception of a few issues, having Democrats in power just means we get all of the bad stuff without the token and performative resistance to republicans. it's just lockstep corporatism.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Holy poo poo that's AOC on the ground there.

yeesh bit racist. what a shock the chud book is bad. why can't they let us have our maga milfs in peace?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
maga milf manor

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

DoubleDonut posted:

maga milf manor

I'll watch 10 seasons minimum

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol hope they authorize it

https://x.com/msainat1/status/1786166378522665045
https://x.com/msainat1/status/1786178897790251077

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deeply alarmed

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
How dare you strike at a time when it might be effective?!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
why would anyone go for maga milfs when team blue has Nancy's Nockers???

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Uh fact check! They’re allowed to protest, so long as it’s within a 2 block area 4 miles away from the DNC.

quote:

Like the Republican National Convention that will be held a month earlier in Milwaukee, the DNC is designated a “National Special Security Event,” which puts the Secret Service in charge of protecting designated areas where access will be restricted during the convention.

Details on access also are forthcoming, but officials said neighbors should know that the impact of the event likely will be felt before it begins Aug. 19.

“Residents and business owners can anticipate the build out for these venues will begin several days prior to the start of the DNC,” Heffernan said.

Glen Brooks, the Police Department’s director of community policing, said the need to establish lines of communication early in the process is one of the lessons the department learned from previous large-scale events, such as the 2012 NATO Summit, which officials have cited as a model for DNC security planning.

“We’ve learned that (the) more often and earlier that you reach out to the community, the best we can keep people informed,” Brooks said.

Tensions over the convention are already running high as groups that want to to stage protests around convention venues have had their permits denied at City Hall. Mayor Brandon Johnson’s administration has instead offered a two-block route to march through Grant Park.

Last month, a collection of groups that have had their permits denied filed a lawsuit against the city, arguing that their First Amendment rights had been violated.

Activists, many of them angry over Biden’s positions on the Israel-Hamas war, have vowed to “make life miserable” for those attending the DNC.

The city also is due to respond later this month to a filing in the Police Department’s ongoing federal consent decree case that objected to the department’s mass arrest policy.

A coalition of community groups that pushed for the consent decree, including the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois, argues in court papers filed last month that a draft policy released in February “eviscerates protections required by the First Amendment, the Consent Decree, and CPD’s existing First Amendment policy.”

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://x.com/sxarletred/status/1786225524722798641?s=46&t=rAoqWwDyfgw5Kx7mWPwNEg lol wut

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1785838290156863832

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Will had won the victory over himself. He loved Joe Biden.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How many of those 5000 likes are from voters in his district

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I was curious about the ground view of the lib perspective with what is going on, so I thought wanted to see what msnbc was saying. I got a free subscription to sling and it’s as pathetic as one would think, absolutely nothing about Biden purely about Trump and whatever trial he’s in, with scumsucker guests with chatgdp books about how bad Trump is. in this lib world Biden does not exist, and it is purely up to us to once again defeat the eye of trumpron and restore democracy.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I was curious about the ground view of the lib perspective with what is going on, so I thought wanted to see what msnbc was saying. I got a free subscription to sling and it’s as pathetic as one would think, absolutely nothing about Biden purely about Trump and whatever trial he’s in, with scumsucker guests with chatgdp books about how bad Trump is. in this lib world Biden does not exist, and it is purely up to us to once again defeat the eye of trumpron and restore democracy.

I got to watch a bit of MSNBC the other day and it was Lawrence O'Donnell reading off Trump trial transcripts and mugging at the camera at how shocked he was over the revelations

gripping stuff

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

kiss

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

How many of those 5000 likes are from voters in his district

does he like his own tweets

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

PoundSand posted:

They might start complaining about the things they should have been complaining about for the past 4 years. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel a bit mentally stuck in 2020 where my political analysis was that libs will immediately stop criticizing everything they were mad at trump about when biden becomes president but I feel like the reverse will be true too. I doubt covid opinions will change at this point but I feel somewhat confident the I/P situation has a bunch of people who really would like to switch sides without admitting they were wrong or having any introspection.

Get ready for the LITERAL BABY CAGES to suddenly be a concern again. Especially if Trump tries to deport any large quantity of people by force.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Automata 10 Pack posted:

dailykos has had only one staffer story on I/P since oct. 7: written by markos sometime last october saying that what israel was doing was not genocide & too bad so sad but kids get killed as collateral damage, dwi.

otherwise it's been all-trump, all-gop, all the time, with special attention to poo poo like puppy-killers & court-farting.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I'm still hoping that there's a lot of whining that Trump is undermining the Sovereignty of the US by not invading the Hague in response to the ICC jailing Biden administration officials

I know that the ICC would be dissolved before jailing any official from a member of NATO, just let me dream

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Goddamn Maggie Haberman is a dumb gently caress

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheGrayzoneNews/status/1786029444206821883

quote:

During a May 1 press conference, just hours after the New York Police Department arrested nearly 300 people on university grounds, Adams praised adjunct Columbia professor Rebecca Weiner, who moonlights as the head of the NYPD counter-terrorism bureau, for giving police the green light to clear out anti-genocide students by force.

“She was the one that was monitoring the situation,” Adams explained, adding that the crackdown was carried out after “she was able to — her team was able to conduct an investigation.”

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaSIPA/status/1683498904820621318

Just a few hundred meters from the Gaza protest encampment, Weiner maintained an office at Columbia’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA). Her SIPA bio describes her as an “Adjunct Associate Professor of International and Public Affairs” who simultaneously serves as the “civilian executive in charge of the New York City Police Department’s Intelligence & Counterterrorism Bureau.”

In that role, according to SIPA, Weiner “develops policy and strategic priorities for the Intelligence & Counterterrorism Bureau and publicly represents the NYPD in matters involving counterterrorism and intelligence.”

The NYPD’s Counterterrorism Bureau currently maintains an office in Tel Aviv, Israel, where it coordinates with Israel’s security apparatus and maintains a department liaison. Weiner appears to serve as a bridge between the Bureau’s offices in Israel and New York.

https://twitter.com/BaharOstadan/status/1752702742999789708

A 2011 AP investigation revealed that a so-called “Demographics Unit” operated secretly within the NYPD’s Counterterrorism and Intelligence Bureau. This shadowy outfit spied on Muslims around the New York City area, and even on students at campuses outside the state who were involved in Palestine solidarity activism. The unit was developed in tandem with the CIA, which has refused to name the former Middle East station chief it posted in the senior ranks of the NYPD’s intelligence division.

The “Demographics Unit” appears to have been inspired by Israeli intelligence as well. As a former police official told the AP, the unit attempted to “map the city’s human terrain” through a program “modeled in part on how Israeli authorities operate in the West Bank.”

A lawyer by training, Weiner oversaw negotiations between the NYPD and lawyers for local Muslims who had their civil liberties violated by its “Demographics Unit.”

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I'm glad the police have recognized that the true enemy of the people is the people

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm glad the police have recognized that the true enemy of the people is the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nichael posted:

what would trump be doing? genocide plus one?

Careful, I got a month for pointing that out in dnd.