Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

mystes posted:

well that was dumb

quote:

used to be part of the medical work force before making some decisions i don't entirely agree with.

Probably found out animals get vaccines too.

Edit: Well that should teach me to refresh before posting. It won’t though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for not hosting a party for my sisters baby sprinkle after my home was damaged by her gender reveal party?

quote:

AITA I 36 female have a sister 34 that is calling me selfish and rude for not allowing her to have her baby sprinkle at my home.

For some background my sister and I have a love hate relationship. She is my mother’s golden child. I do not get along with my mother but that’s for a whole other post. My sister always had things handed to her and due to that she has become entitled.

Now to the point of this post. My husband and I have opened our home for parties and gatherings for friends and family. Events such as our kid’s birthday parties to hosting a surprise engagement for 2 of our friends to allowing my sister to use it as a “hall” for her gender reveal last month. The issue is that after the reveal I realized that her guests broke my vegetable garden box by sitting on it allowed their kids to mess up my garden and left a mess in my house. My husband and I decided that was the last time.

Jump to today. My sister wants to have her sprinkle at my home once she found out I wasn’t paying for her to have it anywhere due to funds. Which kinda pissed me off. So in her mind I won’t pay for her and her guests to eat and be merry somewhere so she can use my house to have it knowing the kind of host I am. When I told her no that my house was not an option she started being nasty to me. Telling me that I was punishing her for others actions and that she’s my sister and it’s not right. She went as far as trying to guilt me by saying that I don’t care about her and the baby and for me to have a good life. I’m stressing her out. And she regrets asking me and this is why she doesn’t ask for help. She doesn’t want to understand my feelings and reasons.

So am I wrong for not wanting a bunch of people here again that disrespected my home before?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: there were more posts

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 3, 2024

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mx. posted:

AITA for not hosting a party for my sisters baby sprinkle after my home was damaged by her gender reveal party?

Dear Reddit, my sister is an emotionally manipulative rear end in a top hat who's previous parties have damaged and disrespected my house. Am I an rear end in a top hat for not immediately bending over backwards for her again?
Ps: what the gently caress is a "baby sprinkle"?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah, I wanna know what a sprinkle is,too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its what happens when you run a test baby through the fire suppression system to make sure it all works

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's a baby shower when you're a beggar that can't afford to throw a proper one.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

How many baby parties do they have in the states? One is reasonable, yay baby! More than that is… yeah we know, you’re having a baby. We did this last month. Get back to me when you’ve had the baby and you’re ready to take the baby out and about, like the first birthday.
(Unless it’s a particularly close friend/family baby, and they’ve had their first shots already)

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dippin Tots

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Shithouse Dave posted:

How many baby parties do they have in the states?
hundreds and thousands are the answers to all.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

mystes posted:

If they're specifically asking for the MIL to bake 1000+ cookies from scratch and she doesn't want to do it then they're the rear end in a top hat

Otherwise pay someone to make them

You do know that instead of saying "if" you could simply read the post that everybody else is talking about, right?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
A baby sprinkle is the first time a baby pisses on you, obviously

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Farg posted:

you need to take marriage more seriously

You need to have a day full of farts, so many farts. Marriage is a contract, only this one requires you to additionally swear before God with a minister which is some cultural baggage bullshit.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 3, 2024

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Anyway, content:

AITA for not going to another restaurant after my boyfriend refused to order from where I stopped?

quote:

Earlier today I asked my boyfriend to go with me to run some errands. When we finished I was hungry and picked a Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was more of an authentic place which I absolutely loved but my boyfriend said nothing looked appealing. He gave me money for my meal and said he was going to go to a place down the street. 10 minutes later he's back because the place had a really long wait time.

I made some suggestions from the menu he would probably like to try but he said no. He said he told me last week he was burned out on Mexican food when we went out for dinner with my parents because 'we always eat it'. He didn't order anything that night either which was really embarrassing to have someone at the table not eating the entire time and trying to explain to my mother and step-dad in a way that didn't sound disrespectful.

Service at this place was rather slow so I wound up taking most of my meal with me. He said to stop along the way to my place so he can get something to eat. I said no because he knew I had to be home by a certain time for a maintenance person and everything he wanted was in the opposite direction.

We got back to my place and he said he was going to go home because he was starving. I said he could stay and cook something here but he said no and that he needed space after I 'made him starve'. I told him he wouldn't be starving if he hadn't been picky and he left. He's still mad at me so AITA here?

Huh wtf guy, why don't you wanna eat Mexican food-

commenter in the reddit thread posted:

Which is how often [Ed: you are eating Mexican food]? Your response makes it seem like you usually invite him over to eat. And every time, it's Mexican food.

OP posted:

Probably 3-4 times a week counting our weekly meal out with my parents.

:catstare:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I accidentally farted on a first date and she walked out in the middle of dinner

quote:

I met this girl a couple of weeks ago and I’ve never hit it off with anyone like this. Extremely attractive, funny, we loved all the same things Everything was perfect. However, she kept mentioning all of her “pet peeves”…. Some of which are unforgivable and instant deal breakers

Our first date was this past Saturday night. I made a reservation at a hard to get into hole in the wall that’s literally a tourist attraction in my town in Louisiana. Perfect spot for a quiet dinner… the quietness would become a detriment to my dating life

I had been gassy all day for no reason at all. It was “one of those days”. However, they weren’t noisy or smelly so I didn’t think much about it. We were talking and having a great time when I tried to ease one out and for some reason it was audible…. A CLEAR fart noise. In a desperate attempt to lie my way out of the mishap, I quickly said “that’s not what it sounded like, I promise you! It was my chair”.

The nights conversational focus has now shifted toward the unidentified noise. Her whole demeanor changed and there were no more laughs, jokes, smiles… nothing. One of her aforementioned pet peeves had surfaced. The night was affectively over. In a last ditch effort to recover, we decided on trying to recreate the fart noise with the chair. If I could somehow achieve this, I had a chance. Although slim to none, a chance none the less. Long story short, I could not recreate the fart noise by scooting the chair around and our (now delivered food) was getting cold. She accused me of a farting liar and left. It’s now Monday morning and I still haven’t heard from her as I lie here and poo poo post my gastric misfortunes

Believe it or not, this was the short version. Is there a chance for us or is she out? Should I have taken ownership of the fart? Thoughts?

Walked out in the middle of a first date because he farted and lied about it.

quote:

This is the other side of the story because my date posted his version here about a month ago and I just found out.

This guy and I hit it off and after a few weeks of talking, I agreed to go on a date with him. He was very funny, intelligent, and cute- to name just a few.

As we were getting to know one another, we discussed things that we love, hate, and annoyances from a relationship standpoint. None of them from either of us were crazy. Some of mine were; I won’t tolerate dishonesty, I don’t like feet, and I don’t like bathroom talk.

Fast forward to our date: Everything is going well. We get our drinks & appetizers. He got some kind of bean soup as an app. He was slurping it out of the bowl- didn’t really bother me, it was just noticeable. Dinner comes out and he lets out the loudest, rank fart that I’ve ever had the displeasure of witnessing (I work in healthcare.)

Honestly, he looked so embarrassed, I was going to ignore it and continue with dinner. That is until he practically yelled out “I didn’t fart! It was the chair! The chair farted. Not me. I promise I didn’t fart.” So I said it’s okay, just please stop saying that and lower your voice.

Y’all, I kid you not. This man starts scooting around on the chair and telling me he’ll prove to me he didn’t fart and just listen for the chair.

This went on for a solid 5 minutes with people staring at us. I was so embarrassed and he would not let it go. I finally just got up and left.

He left me several voicemails afterwards telling me how dramatic I was for leaving over a squeaky chair and how ridiculous my pet peeves were. I never responded to him and then I found out about his Reddit post.

Can y’all blame a gal for walking out?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

artsy fartsy posted:

I accidentally farted on a first date and she walked out in the middle of dinner

This is like Rashomon

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm pretty sure the first baby gets a shower. A sprinkle is just a smaller party for later siblings because the person likely doesn't need a new everything (high chair, car seat, sippy cups are already there) but some new clothes, diapers, etc. help.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

keep punching joe posted:

This is like Rashomon

I happened to be sitting behind the OP during this incident. His fart was so strong that it left ripples in my soup. And then he started scooting around like a dog with worms.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

This is like Rashomon

More like Rashobum

mystes
May 31, 2006

aardwolf posted:

You do know that instead of saying "if" you could simply read the post that everybody else is talking about, right?
You do know that you could read the whole discussion before posting in which case it would be pretty clear why I said if considering there was like three pages of argument over the nature of the request, right?

But I can post the comment where op explained that that's what the fiance said she meant even though that may not be the normal cookie table tradition again for like the 10th time if you can't be bothered to actually read

mystes fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 3, 2024

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

artsy fartsy posted:

Not gonna lie I went to the grauniad website to see if this was from there

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
[quote=""StrangersInTheNight" post="]

I hope your day is full of farts, and your evening too.⁶
[/quote]

An evening full of fartssounds like a jolly fun time to me

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Had sex for the first time ever with my boyfriend but he texted me the day after with a "list" of the mistakes I made

quote:

I (20 F) lost my virginity to my boyfriend (35 M) a couple days ago. I knew that going in I was going to be nervous and clumsy. The sex was pretty awkward and sometimes it hurt so I had to ask him to stop a bit. He did cum but I couldn't cum probably due to nerves. Anyway the next day I woke up to a text from him basically listing the things I did wrong during sex. This is the text:

1. Be sexier. Don't be so quiet. Moan and scream. 2. Your head game needs a LOT of work. Look it up. 3. Don't act awkward. You're not a virgin anymore so don't act like it. 4. You need to get better at shaving ;) 5. Don't tell a guy to stop when he's getting into it. It ruins the mood. 6. Let me try what I want. Not letting me ruins the mood. 6. Don't be shy. It's not sexy.

So, don't get me wrong, I'm not against being told how I can do stuff better. I know that I'm not going to be great at sex obviously. I just don't really like the way he did it? I would have preferred being told face-to-face and in a more gentle manner? I don't like that he did it the morning after either. I felt blindsided by this text and now the thought of us having sex again makes me feel more self-conscious. What if I can't perform next time? Am I gonna wake up to even more texts?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kibayasu posted:

Probably found out animals get vaccines too.

Edit: Well that should teach me to refresh before posting. It won’t though.

If this is the reason why she ditched the vet tech training I will lol forever

the holy poopacy posted:

Had sex for the first time ever with my boyfriend but he texted me the day after with a "list" of the mistakes I made
Age gap fails the half your age+7 test; guillotine for the sex critic

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

I almost posted this the other day but it made me too fuckin' mad. That age gap is so telling.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

the holy poopacy posted:

quote:

I felt blindsided by this text and now the thought of us having sex again makes me feel more self-conscious. What if I can't perform next time?

Don't ever have sex with this shitbag again, problem solved!

Edit:

Also "Let me try what I want. Not letting me ruins the mood" lmao. Feed this fucker into the woodchipper feet first.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

the holy poopacy posted:

Mansophere RooshV bullshit still running wild out there huh. On top of all the "let me do abuse" stuff, this fuckwit can't count past six.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

the holy poopacy posted:

this is awful and made me feel sad to read.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

the holy poopacy posted:

5. Don't tell a guy to stop when he's getting into it. It ruins the mood. 6. Let me try what I want. Not letting me ruins the mood.

"Whether you want to engage in particular activities doesn't matter, and don't tell me if you object to something I'm doing" is certainly a take on consent. Most of the list is just fairly standard 'dude's an rear end in a top hat' stuff, but that bit should be extremely worrying to her.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Yeah but this guy's rear end in a top hat, sparkling clean!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know the person wasn’t a minor but it’s still predatory behavior.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

"Whether you want to engage in particular activities doesn't matter, and don't tell me if you object to something I'm doing" is certainly a take on consent. Most of the list is just fairly standard 'dude's an rear end in a top hat' stuff, but that bit should be extremely worrying to her.
It's a 35 year old who had sex with a 20 year old who had never had sex before and is bombarding her with a list of criticism probably as an intentional psychological manipulation tactic. His age and the entire existence of the list should be extremely worrying to her.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Found a post that's almost assuredly bait, so I'm not gonna post the whole thing. But their fake setup is absolutely absurd.

quote:

I 26F just gave birth to my son two months ago. My Husband Devin (34M) and I have a prenup that dictates that I am to receive a gift upon the birth of a child that is biologically ours, called a "bump gift", it may seem a bit silly but a lot of his work friends also have this clause because "She does all the hard work building the baby, a whole 9 almost 10 months, that is worthy of a gift." To keep the legitimacy of the clause it requires a paternity test before it takes effect. My husband works in stock trading and makes very good money so I can afford to stay at home, though I do work remotely as a marketing and data analyst.

Because of the prenup, as soon as our son was born Devin and I went for a paternity test, it was positive as I never cheated and never would. Devin bought me two year subscriptions for my favourite book subscription boxes, (One is YA and the other Adult Fantasy) I usually only get 3 month subscriptions because of the cost but was so happy he chose this gift. Though both of us agree the test was purely a formality as we trust each other.

S40CheckingAccount
Jan 14, 2024
"you're not a virgin anymore, so act like it" is getting me. Coupled with the rest of it, he just sees her as a sex doll whose job is to applaud him. She should send him a list.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

the holy poopacy posted:

Don’t tell a guy to stop? Girl, run.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Found a post that's almost assuredly bait, so I'm not gonna post the whole thing. But their fake setup is absolutely absurd.
I'm going to assume this is an ad for the book subscription box thing

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

DreamingofRoses posted:

Don’t tell a guy to stop? Girl, run.

Biggest red flag among a litany of them. She asked him to stop a bit (not even fully, though that would have been her right too obviously) because it hurt, and he has the temerity to tell her off for it? loving reprehensible.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

This is like I Think You Should Leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, I think I saw this one on the twoXchromosomes subreddit and gently caress me running if every other post there isn't a variation of "my boyfriend did <legal textbook definition of violent sexual assault> to me, should I feel bad about maybe overreacting?"

Maybe post less stories like this please. Stuff that's just on the 'relentlessly awful' side of the scale without registering on the 'particularly funny or interesting' side is just misery pornography.