Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

I don’t think I’ve seen that brand but I’ll snag it if I see it around.

I’ve really liked Waterloo too.

For me it depends on the flavor. Waterloo grape tastes like an actual grape soda. Bubbly pineapple is awesome. Dasani used to make a strawberry guava but I haven't seen it in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Polar's Strawberry Watermelon and Blackberry Mango are my non-store brand jams. I really like Safeway's Yuzu Citrus since I like grapfruity sodas and it reminds me of it and Target's Strawberry Mango.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pain of Mind posted:

I cannot think of any situation where anyone cared whether someone drank alcohol or not post-college. Cans are convenient though, they are much more recyclable than plastic containers and they are nice for quickly grabbing something. I do not even like sparkling water much but I would always drink (free) La Croix at work because it was so easy to grab a can and run into a meeting. I would not pay money for it though.

I think it’s less caring about what people think of you and more “I have been used to a certain handful of rituals in this particular setting and now it feels weird”. The NA beer boom has probably supplanted a lot of that now but they got in early and created what seems to be a pretty hardcore following.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

I think it’s less caring about what people think of you and more “I have been used to a certain handful of rituals in this particular setting and now it feels weird”. The NA beer boom has probably supplanted a lot of that now but they got in early and created what seems to be a pretty hardcore following.

The problem is that NA beer costs as much as regular beer. So for me, just putting something in my hand I can crush all day while doing chores or cooking, or even just while playing video games is nice.

NA scratches the itch in social situations or post-bike or -run, but it’s pointless to drink more than one or two. I mean it’s kinda pointless to drink any but the hops and the fizz complete the ritual after pouring into a decent glass and stuff.

But seltzers filled a gigantic drink void for sure. I’m a thirsty man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

The problem is that NA beer costs as much as regular beer. So for me, just putting something in my hand I can crush all day while doing chores or cooking, or even just while playing video games is nice.

NA scratches the itch in social situations or post-bike or -run, but it’s pointless to drink more than one or two. I mean it’s kinda pointless to drink any but the hops and the fizz complete the ritual after pouring into a decent glass and stuff.

it doesn't cost as much as regular beer

it costs like 30-50% more

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The sixers of Athletic that I buy are the same cost as the sixers of local beers

LeeMajors posted:

I’m at a point now where I’m only having one or two drinks in social situations so it doesn’t really matter to me either way. I also try to limit myself to one seltzer (Rambler supremacy, one of the few good things to come out of Texas) because I want to keep all my teefs

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Polar Black Cherry's my go-to, but I'll get Waterloo or La Croix whenever they're on sale at the store. Bubly will do in a pinch, but I'm not really a fan.

Intruder posted:

it doesn't cost as much as regular beer

it costs like 30-50% more

Yeah, it's dumb. If flavor isn't an issue, you can get like a 24pk of cheap rear end beer for the same price as a 6pk of some NA beer

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I mean I pretty exclusively drank 6-7% pales/IPAs, high grav Belgians and sours so they’re pretty much on par with a sixer of Hi-5 or Torpedo and cheaper than Trappist whatevers.

But yeah, if I’d been able to just have a drink or two I wouldn’t be buying NA in the first place. As it is I’m 18mo into recovery from a long term alcohol use disorder and while I don’t crave beer the way I did the first few weeks, I do find holes in my schedule for the ritual.

La Croix and Topo have been a loving godsend and I’m supremely hydrated to boot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:rubby: 76'ers.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I feel a little bad for, like, Maxey, but absolutely no sympathy for Embiid

Get wrecked lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Meanwhile, Bruins-Leafs get a game 7 on Saturday in what will inevitably be high comedy for whoever loses.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

Meanwhile, Bruins-Leafs get a game 7 on Saturday in what will inevitably be high comedy for whoever loses.

Also no one knows what the gently caress is going on with Auston Matthews, so, lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

Also no one knows what the gently caress is going on with Auston Matthews, so, lol

As a Panthers fan who doesn’t like either team, I hope game 7 goes multi OT and the two teams beat the gently caress out of each other in a battle of attrition like Verdun.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I was cackling during the last ten minutes of the game where it looked like Toronto was going to win 1-0.

I think I still want the Leafs to lose because gently caress the Leafs, them losing in the postseason is almost as funny as the Cowboys losing, but the Bruins blowing a 3-1 lead to a team that can't score more than 2 goals a game in the playoffs is :discourse:

seiferguy posted:

To quote a dear friend of mine (who got me into hockey, love her to death) when I brought up Matthews' mysterious illness:

"Sounds like he’s got lil bitch syndrome"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

I was cackling during the last ten minutes of the game where it looked like Toronto was going to win 1-0.

I think I still want the Leafs to lose because gently caress the Leafs, them losing in the postseason is almost as funny as the Cowboys losing, but the Bruins blowing a 3-1 lead to a team that can't score more than 2 goals a game in the playoffs is :discourse:

Reminder: Boston blew a 3-1 lead last year too, when they set the record for wins/points, which also gave us Leafs fans chanting “We want Florida” before that ensuing hilarity.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Reminder: Boston blew a 3-1 lead last year too, when they set the record for wins/points, which also gave us Leafs fans chanting “We want Florida” before that ensuing hilarity.

lol poo poo I forgot about that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Canada cannot be allowed to get close to a cup.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/crawf34/status/1786102215511331014

lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

You know there is no God, since people can be this dumb and also so wealthy

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

a neat cape posted:

I don't know if this is made more or less funny by the fact that most (?) NHL teams are mostly made up of Canadians

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
America's strategic reserves of guys named "Chase" or "Braden" have been expended on Tiktok video creation now, so we have to look to the Canadians

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I don't know if this is made more or less funny by the fact that most (?) NHL teams are mostly made up of Canadians

More.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Far more.

Sad for my Bucks, but once Giannis went out that fate was sealed. So hoping the Avs do some damage again this year. Also the Brewers looking surprisingly good early, should last until the first starter gets hurt.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So are the leafs like the Yankees of the NHL? I’ve caught their last two games. Just need to know who not to root for. I found myself rooting against the Bruins hard.

I know it’s the playoffs but the action is unrelenting. I love it.

We’ve got the Hurricanes in Raleigh that are relatively close by, so I could even settle into a regional fandom.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

how dare you

whalers forever

I'm not a hockey guy but the maple leafs seem to be the "team that fails in increasingly hilarious ways" of the last 60 years from the vibe I get

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

So are the leafs like the Yankees of the NHL? I’ve caught their last two games. Just need to know who not to root for. I found myself rooting against the Bruins hard.

We’ve got the Hurricanes in Raleigh that are relatively close by, so I could even settle into a regional fandom.

More the Cubs

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that’s definitely the leafs. Losing in game 7 heartbreaking fashion for 30+ years

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Intruder posted:

how dare you

whalers forever

I'm not a hockey guy but the maple leafs seem to be the "team that fails in increasingly hilarious ways" of the last 60 years from the vibe I get

The best outcome would be for the Leafs to win this series and then get swept.

The most Leafs outcome would be for them to blow game 7 against Boston again.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ohhhh okay, yeah that makes sense. It's hard to step into a new sport and try to sort out like 100 years of history and failure. Just trying to get a sense of it--who's good, who's interesting, who are the villains. Outside of playing a poo poo ton of hockey on console over the years when I was younger, I haven't gotten a ton of NHL exposure.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Leafs are basically the Chicago Cubs without 2016. They're vital to the history of the sport and yet haven't won a Stanley Cup since the league expanded from 6 teams

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Playoff chat reminded me to check up on the Suns and lol, just the most cursed team.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Leafs sorta a cross between the Cubs and the Dallas Cowboys, the latter being that the hockey media (Particularly in Canada) loves the gently caress out of them and assumes everyone else does (They don’t), and they haven’t won a Stanley Cup since 1967, the last year of the Original Six era, or even been back since. Everyone enjoys watching them lose, and the only reason that isn’t universal at this moment/series is they’re playing Boston, and ‘gently caress Boston’ is powerful in any sport.

a neat cape posted:

:hmmyes:

I bought a “We Want Florida” shirt last year, cause everything about it was great, and in the ensuing months, it’s been a great way to make Canadian snowbirds out themselves in random stores and poo poo. A whole lot of them have a visceral reaction to it, but at the same time, what would you expect to see at the Target literally across the street from where the Panthers play?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Definitely root for the Canes, they're the only good pro sports team in the Carolinas, but you wouldn't know it because no one around here gives a poo poo about hockey.

Like, I didn't even know the Canes existed until the day after they won the Cup in '06 and someone at work mentioned it to me. My immediate reaction was "wait, there's a NHL team around here?!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hockey teams south of the Mason-Dixon should have their offices firebombed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

Playoff chat reminded me to check up on the Suns and lol, just the most cursed team.

incredible that both sides lost the KD trade

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Alaois posted:

Hockey teams south of the Mason-Dixon should have their offices firebombed

Actually it's cool and good the NHL keeps flooding the league with franchises in places that don't care about hockey because it makes it even harder for Toronto & Montreal to succeed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Definitely root for the Canes, they're the only good pro sports team in the Carolinas, but you wouldn't know it because no one around here gives a poo poo about hockey.

Like, I didn't even know the Canes existed until the day after they won the Cup in '06 and someone at work mentioned it to me. My immediate reaction was "wait, there's a NHL team around here?!"

Canes have the second highest attendance in 2023 according to this random article I found

https://www.sportskeeda.com/us/nhl/5-nhl-teams-highest-average-home-game-attendance-far-season-ft-toronto-maple-leafs

They’re almost impossible to watch on tv outside of the triangle but they love them in Raleigh.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The tiktok lady who shared a couple of months ago her ridiculous car payments gave an update...

quote:

In a recent TikTok and in an interview with The Daily Mail, Arnold revealed that she got rid of the Tahoe. The reason? The $84,000 Tahoe’s ridiculous loan terms.

That $1,400 monthly payment was on a loan with an APR of 10.2 percent with GM Financial. Worst yet, Arnold said she put no money down and traded in a vehicle with negative equity. In the three years she had the Tahoe, her payments barely touched the balance.

“Honestly, it blows my mind that I have paid $50,000 into this car and only paid off $10,000,” she told The Daily Mail. She said she still owes a balance of $74,000.

It amazes me how many rubes there are that go out of their way to trust software with their lives and well being for no good reason. Anyone who has ever worked in development knows better - at least I hope.

Relatedly the NHSTA's investigation into the Tesla and FSD revealed unsurprising conclusions. A system where the driver is in theory required to pay attention, but in practice allows them not to, frequently leads to highspeed crashes where the FSD has disengaged itself and the driver is not paying attention.

quote:

In 59 crashes examined by NHTSA, the agency found that Tesla drivers had enough time, “five or more seconds,” prior to crashing into another object in which to react. In 19 of those crashes, the hazard was visible for 10 or more seconds before the collision. Reviewing crash logs and data provided by Tesla, NHTSA found that drivers failed to brake or steer to avoid the hazard in a majority of the crashes analyzed.

“Crashes with no or late evasive action attempted by the driver were found across all Tesla hardware versions and crash circumstances,” NHTSA said.

NHTSA also compared Tesla’s Level 2 (L2) automation features to products available in other companies’ vehicles. Unlike other systems, Autopilot would disengage rather than allow drivers to adjust their steering. This “discourages” drivers from staying involved in the task of driving, NHTSA said.

“A comparison of Tesla’s design choices to those of L2 peers identified Tesla as an industry outlier in its approach to L2 technology by mismatching a weak driver engagement system with Autopilot’s permissive operating capabilities,” the agency said.

Even the brand name “Autopilot” is misleading, NHTSA said, conjuring up the idea that drivers are not in control. While other companies use some version of “assist,” “sense,” or “team,” Tesla’s products lure drivers into thinking they are more capable than they are. California’s attorney general and the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles are both investigating Tesla for misleading branding and marketing.

No poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Alaois posted:

Hockey teams south of the Mason-Dixon should have their offices lauded when they eliminate a Canadian team from the playoffs.

Meanwhile the Portland Winterhawks are in the Western Hockey League finals and a low-key decent draw here.