Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

starfield bombed if it makes you feel any better. it makes me feel better

People said that about fallout 76 but look at it now, it's a hit. Todd might have momentary setbacks but I don't think he can lose in the long run. It's his world and we just live in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

RealityWarCriminal posted:

starfield bombed if it makes you feel any better. it makes me feel better

Not when you consider the millions they made from all the starfield pachinko machines!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think our definition of success/failure is a lot different than Bethesdas. As long as they can keep the micro transaction train rolling that's a success baby, doesn't matter how many people complain about it on the internet. This is why I have nearly no hope for TES6.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Hmm, this might actually explain a few things.

I am the bassist.

I'm so sorry

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

That DICK! posted:

Proposal: Digital Remaster of The Undead with new effects and elements added

Kickstarter Goal: $280 million

Proof of Concept:

Lol

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Cacator posted:

Why people keep crawling back to Bethesda even with a track record of Fallout 4/76/Starfield mystifies me, (also people willing to look past what Nolan the Lesser did to Westworld). I like the Fallout universe enough to keep watching the show but the best review I can give is that it's "fine".

I think the expectations being rock bottom helped its reception a lot. Video Game adaptions are notoriously awful, and it was coming on the heels of trash like The Witcher and Halo shows.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1786061021309743155

So sick that Cosmatos is hitting the big time now, casting Stewart/Isaac is pretty big coming from Cage being the only big name from the last 2 films he did. Mandy is still one of my faves and I never thought Cosmatos would be able to get a 3rd, let alone a 4th film greenlit but apparently he has a lot of power behind the next two.

MaXXXine comes out in July

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DLC Inc posted:

So sick that Cosmatos is hitting the big time now, casting Stewart/Isaac is pretty big coming from Cage being the only big name from the last 2 films he did. Mandy is still one of my faves and I never thought Cosmatos would be able to get a 3rd, let alone a 4th film greenlit but apparently he has a lot of power behind the next two.

gently caress yes this looks cool as hell!!

I loving love his stuff, beyond the black rainbow vibes so hard. And Mandy rules.

His cabinet of curiosities segment was great too. Holy poo poo the doctor lady :swoon:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I just feel like if you're an outlet that's going to use an oscar isaac photo from star wars 9, it should always be him looking sad and bloated saying palpatine came back in fortnite

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DLC Inc posted:

The words "Panos Cosmatos", "Kristen Stewart" and "Oscar Isaac" in the same sentence make my brain light up like it's Christmas :stwoon:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

Panos also did Beyond the Black Rainbow which was pretty fun

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No. 6 posted:

Panos also did Beyond the Black Rainbow which was pretty fun

The soundtrack on that one fuckin rips too. I really dig that movie.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

priznat posted:

The soundtrack on that one fuckin rips too. I really dig that movie.

Agreed. I found it on vinyl recently and that went right into my collection

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No. 6 posted:

Agreed. I found it on vinyl recently and that went right into my collection

that rules. The one with the organ swirl (sentionauts I think) is my fav

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Gimme day leather suit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That is one tall skinny mofo.

Panos is from my hometown (Victoria) and BtBR was filmed around Vancouver and it has some really recognizable spots when it goes outside.. The Conservatory dome in queen elizabeth park, the highway in richmond he's driving his car on.. and the heshers in surrey that get stabbed by psycho guy.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
"this comic book you sold for 1 cent so you could sell bubblegum ads, and now this is now the most important thing in our society. it's just loving embarrassing"
-mike stoklasa, justice league commentary track

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Fortunately we are moving on as a society. Now the most important thing is some fluff todd whipped up to justify you picking through 10000 digital dumpsters

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

dreezy posted:

i ordered self bolting stem seals you dumb gently caress!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Fallout 76 is... fine. You can play it as a single player game if you want. Although I despise the leveling system.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

DLC Inc posted:

If Nekrokosm and this came out in the same year then that would be a year when I went to the theaters at least twice.

E: Also, he needs to release the drat Cabinet of Curiosities episode on Blu Ray. I want all his stuff on physical!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Top three space dads:

Admiral Adama
Optimus prime
Captain Sisko

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

Top three space dads:

Admiral Adama
Optimus prime
Captain Sisko

Wow, totally ignoring America's true favorite space dad, Tommy Lee Jones in Ad Astra

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I hadn't considered how rare good space dads are. I think Jake and Ben Sisco are the only trek characters with a good relationship with their dads.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

bitterandtwisted posted:

I hadn't considered how rare good space dads are. I think Jake and Ben Sisco are the only trek characters with a good relationship with their dads.

You're forgetting about Worf and Alexahahaha just kidding

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Actually DS9 had the best dads, O'Brien was definitely a family man, and Rom always tried to do right by Nog as well.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The best father-son relationships in general really. I love the arc of Nog wanting his father to do better, it's so drat wholesome. :shobon:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The other night I turned my tv to H&I, which airs every old Trek show in order weekday evenings, and it happened to be DS9, and the "ITS A FAAAAAAKE" episode. So loving good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crescent Wrench posted:

Actually DS9 had the best dads, O'Brien was definitely a family man, and Rom always tried to do right by Nog as well.

have never had much interest in Star Trek beyond DS9 for some reason, loved that show if only because it seemed more grounded in one place with a bunch of weirdos and I loved those characters. The Die Is Cast still is one of my favorite TV episodes of anything ever.

Sir Lemming posted:

The best father-son relationships in general really. I love the arc of Nog wanting his father to do better, it's so drat wholesome. :shobon:

The whole situation of Nog telling Sisko how his father is a brilliant engineer but was locked into a society where it wasn't fully appreciated was such a great way to juxtapose his desire to join Starfleet. I really liked how both of them got the best ending possible, leading to their society getting more progressive.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So with Paramount being bought by Sony does that mean that NuTrek is finally dead? Our all of our prayers finally answered that Mike will die happy knowing Star Trek: Picard: season 4: section 31: the Borg strikes back: the Motion Picture will not be the final thing he sees?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cubone posted:

jon bois is legit imo
he's the one who did that hilarious documentary on the forum argument about how many days there are in a week and also that goddamn heartbreaker about the history of mma "fighting in the age of loneliness" that I've watched like three times
I almost never click one of his new videos though, idk why

I also love his video about the college football game that ended 222-0

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 3, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I also love his video about the college football game that ended 288-0

Along very similar lines was the one on the 1904 Olympics marathon, which ALSO featured a competitor getting chased around by stray dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AhABManTw

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jeeves posted:

So with Paramount being bought by Sony does that mean that NuTrek is finally dead? Our all of our prayers finally answered that Mike will die happy knowing Star Trek: Picard: season 4: section 31: the Borg strikes back: the Motion Picture will not be the final thing he sees?

oh, for sure. sony know what they're doing when it comes to making movies and would never try to flog the horse of a dead franchise

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Update to the pinball machines based on movies: they are making john wick for some reason

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

update to my balls: they're sweaty and sticky

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Crescent Wrench posted:

You're forgetting about Worf and Alexahahaha just kidding

Crescent Wrench posted:

There is literally a whole episode and multiple follow ups about Worf learning how to not be a lovely dad and repairing his relationship with his son

How does a Elim avatar not know this argh

I am literally angry with rage

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Justin Credible posted:

There is literally a whole episode and multiple follow ups about Worf learning how to not be a lovely dad and repairing his relationship with his son

How does a Elim avatar not know this argh

I am literally angry with rage

ok Tain

They do try to fix Worf & Alexander's relationship but I suppose it would be a stretch to say they really pulled it off.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
today is a good day to ingest content

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I watched some content:, Shogun & season 5 of Fargo. both were very good. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

jeeves posted:

Sony bought paramount?? gently caress

I mean better them than Disney I guess. Sony will at least treat Paramounts back catalog with a little respect