Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

TIMBER SYCAMORE WENT ON FOR FIVE YEARS WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!

Never underestimate that to the liberal empire, only the emperor's cloths are visible. All they recognize is wealth and power or the illusion of such. No wealth, no power, no notice given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol the libs are in absolute denial that Chuck Schumer is doing what’s right and that Joe Biden has not been hurt whatsoever by any of this. I want to witness the chaos

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

literally one of the most famous political cartoons ever made depicts cecil rhodes and his desire to connect all the british colonies in africa "from cape to cairo"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lmao, now they're all giving each other medals for being so amazing.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The US did everything short of invasion in Syria. I guess this guy wanted the invasion.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's awesome that #BlueMAGA are now blowing up their own lives for love of a gross old racist in exactly the same way as MAGA

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

gradenko_2000 posted:

those of us with long memories regarding uterus and drones will be interested to know:

https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/status/1786069735030804811

Biden is not the white moderate MLK warned about. Someone like Bernie Sanders is. Biden is just a straight up racist prick.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He’s going to lose so horribly it will be delicious

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

those of us with long memories regarding uterus and drones will be interested to know:

wow, that's quite a heelturn from the libbiest lib who ever libbed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Are all these libs as mad about the protesters verbally impugning Joe Biden as they seem to be, or are they mostly just mad because TV news told them to be mad and this is just what TV news happened to be talking about at the time

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Michael R. Bloomberg

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is an entrepreneur, philanthropist, and three-term mayor. He revolutionized the financial information industry and transformed New York City’s education, environment, public health, and the arts.

John Forbes Kerry

Secretary John Kerry is a former Secretary of State, United States Senator, and the first Special Presidential Envoy for Climate. His bravery in combat during the Vietnam War earned him the Silver Star and Bronze Star, and history will remember his public service career that has spanned seven decades.

Michelle Yeoh

Michelle Yeoh is an actress known for her groundbreaking work in a number of blockbusters over four decades. Recently, she became the first Asian to win the Academy Award for Best Actress. Yeoh continues to shatter stereotypes and enrich American culture.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

loquacius posted:

Are all these libs as mad about the protesters verbally impugning Joe Biden as they seem to be, or are they mostly just mad because TV news told them to be mad and this is just what TV news happened to be talking about at the time

They're fine with discussing how the protests shouldn't be raided by the police and treated so roughly, but as soon as anybody mentions Joe Biden eating poo poo for it, the terminal liars come out of the woodwork to decry any kind of criticism as attacking their constituents (OH HEY YOUR ATTACKING JEWS WHEN YOU CRITICIZE SCHUMER!!)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

when did biden shrink like 3 feet

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Deified Data posted:

when did biden shrink like 3 feet

Biden can freely change his size and shape after decades of adrenochrome consumption

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Michelle Yeoh does deserve medals though

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is Stancil really what the next generation of Dems look like? Just the most hideously entitled ghouls who don't even understand why they had to hide their contempt for everyone not exactly like themselves.

the version update between generations removed the pesky ability to need to lie to yourself

Older Democrats up to Millennials knew they were full of poo poo and had to cope with their subconscious going "Hey, he sucks, hes a rapist" while they tried to run cover for Biden. Some part knew the truth and it was just this desperate gamble to get their way by being the biggest liars.

Stancils have been designed in a lab to have no such weakness. They can truly, to their core, believe whatever is the most convenient for them. No lies necessary when anything you want to be true is actually true to you.

This advancement is why they are so much more annoying, there is no shame or morals being suppressed that might make them act normal sometimes so the sky is the limit. Believe anything, anything you say is true and everyone who doesn't agree is wrong and stupid.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is Stancil really what the next generation of Dems look like? Just the most hideously entitled ghouls who don't even understand why they had to hide their contempt for everyone not exactly like themselves.
Yeah, probably, in which case the Party's not long for this world. If there were enough of these people and they were capable of building a coalition bigger than a cocktail party, Warren would be president.

World Famous W posted:

and that's different from what we got now?
Nobody is really a member of the Party because of the way American politics works, but I'm gonna say that the Party is in the process of shedding people who more-or-less instinctively assumed that they're aligned with the Democrats even if they're not super happy with them. It's a vicious circle where the home team mentality of who still consider themselves Of the Democratic Party become even more obnoxious.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 15:17 on May 3, 2024

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1786398691601104951

US congress is about to applaud a guy after he calls their country inherently antisemitic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, probably, in which case the Party's not long for this world. If there were enough of these people and they were capable of building a coalition bigger than a cocktail party, Warren would be president.

Nobody is really a member of the Party because of the way American politics works, but I'm gonna say that the Party is in the process of shedding people who more-or-less instinctively assumed that they're aligned with the Democrats even if they're not super happy with them. It's a vicious circle where the home team mentality of who still consider themselves Of the Democratic Party become even more obnoxious.

Is this what the end of the Whigs looked like?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Echo Chamber posted:

I think for some liberals "voting for Jill Stein" doesn't mean literally voting for Jill Stein.

I de-based myself in 2016 by being a Bernie-to-Hillary voter. I was quite annoying about it on Facebook on keeping the Trump genie in the bottle and not supporting a third party. Yet, I apparently retroactively voted for Jill Stein by consistently posting critical stuff about Dems since then. (I voted PSL in 2020, but I don't think liberals even have a framework for understanding that 3rd party candidates besides the Greens exist.)

The obvious lesson to take from this is you should just actually vote for Jill Stein.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

the end of the Whigs involved a couple of insurgent parties eating their lunch from a few different directions, because they completely fell apart on a key issue. elected dems still have some kind of unifying mission statement, that being "we are not Donald Trump."

it will be extremely, extremely funny if the death of Donald Trump destroys both major American political parties

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1786398691601104951

US congress is about to applaud a guy after he calls their country inherently antisemitic

I'm probably giving these people more credit for cleverness than they deserve, but part of me wonders if the timing of this visit from Hitler 2 is calculated because they think passage of that godawful "antisemitism awareness act" will mean that everyone is too intimidated to protest this gently caress coming to our soil.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 15:37 on May 3, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm probably giving these people more credit for cleverness than they deserve, but part of me wonders if the timing of this visit from Hitler 2 is calculated because they think passage of that godawful "antisemitism awareness act" will mean that everyone is too intimidated to protest this gently caress coming to our soil.

I'm wondering if it'll be safe for Bibi to go back.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I also voted for Hillary in the 2016 general to my eternal shame, but have not made a similar mistake since then and never will again

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm not an expert, but there were absolutely a bunch of shrill, privileged douchebags screaming about how if you don't vote for the slavery accommodationist then the pro-slavery candidate will win. But like Yeowch said, there isn't another party ready to step in and hoover up those votes.

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Stancils have been designed in a lab to have no such weakness. They can truly, to their core, believe whatever is the most convenient for them. No lies necessary when anything you want to be true is actually true to you.
It's funny how the Party's politics basically demands that its defenders become the sort of weird online debate nerd they claim to be above; you have to be able to immediately muster facts and statistics in support of your argument, but you absolutely can't really absorb this information and develop your worldview accordingly. Because you have to have goldfish brain and forget issues when they drop out of the news cycle, especially if they're inconvenient for the Party.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 15:48 on May 3, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
edit:dp

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

surprising to see some dem die hards poo poo on biden for this little speech

https://x.com/leahmcelrath/status/1786229092511023362

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

As you will note, all the buildings have been destroyed. Ergo,

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

are you from the future

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

even rats know when to flee a sinking ship

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Acelerion posted:

As you will note, all the buildings have been destroyed. Ergo,

I'm surprised the IDF training for US police forces completely left out the idea that protestors can't occupy rubble. Maybe that's only included in a higher tier $$$ package?

Or maybe this is finally the evidence we need that US police MUST be equipped with Hellfires and Javelins to maintain force parity with unarmed 20 y/o women.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hear me out...

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I wonder if it's bc of a personal ethics quandary or bc they see that the public sentiment is not on biden's side.

it's still p. stunning to see, though, given their reflexive reliance on administration talking points up till now.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm seeing libs repeat the msdnc talking point that "only 60 percent of arrestees at columbia were students" as if the greater sin was making political alliances with those outside one's circle.

I think a lot of the democrat reliance on idpol, in addition to being an acceptable political diversion for capital, is to reinforce the separation of groups over allyship and create artificial turf wars in the crab buckets.

THE PEOPLE... DIVIDED... WILL ALWAYS BE DEFEATED

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the trivial mmt explanation for this is that the government "borrows" money with a t-bill in the exact same way that a retail bank "borrows" money from joe schmoe with a saving or credit deposit with the exception that the government can print any interest payments

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 16:24 on May 3, 2024

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"Surely the genocide of your people is preferable to you being personally inconvenienced. Vote for us, the compassionate party!"

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
And the liberal will sit back and watch it happen because it's all technically legal. They'll claim to be mad about it, but not mad enough to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm seeing libs repeat the msdnc talking point that "only 60 percent of arrestees at columbia were students"

Wow...gee...almost like you don't have to be 18-34 to oppose genocide (not directed at Willa of course but the libs saying this like it's a gotcha)...