Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

I wonder if it's bc of a personal ethics quandary or bc they see that the public sentiment is not on biden's side.

it's still p. stunning to see, though, given their reflexive reliance on administration talking points up till now.

I want to say calf cramp lady started being anti-succ a couple years ago, but I cba to go check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
so how can the USA deport all mass group of people if trump wins in their mind? best we can do is concentration camps or bussing migrants around. poo poo makes no sense. it’s like if a dem wins all the guns will be taken away

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Libs really have completely destroyed the word 'pragmatic' for me. I can't hear or read it now without thinking of a dipshit Stancil type explaining why supporting genocide is "just the sensible thing to do".
maybe the real calm hitler were the calm hitlers we met along the way

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i thought people hated when universities are ivory towers filled with academics. do they want community engagement with the centers of learning or not

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

i thought people hated when universities are ivory towers filled with academics. do they want community engagement with the centers of learning or not

no, you see, if you are at this protest and not currently enrolled at columbia university, that makes you russian

ok, it makes you an agent of the russian government

ok, it makes you an agent of the russian government *in spirit*. qed I win

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
remembering the time that the entire democratic leadership campaigned to push him just over the line in a primary against a pro-choice women

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1786419842859643036

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

surprising to see some dem die hards poo poo on biden for this little speech

https://x.com/leahmcelrath/status/1786229092511023362

Dems have been fairly consistent at not deploying National Guard or other federal resources, and local police generally have remained tolerant up until sidewalk encampments or camping in public places happens. At that point, the law is being broken (depending on the state), so the question of whether and how to remove the protesters becomes more complicated. Also, the universities themselves are the organizations asking the police to remove protesters, not the government.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dante80 posted:

succ

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1786032962749747630

Bernie Sanders worries young people are underestimating the threat from Trump

He believes a policy change by Biden on Israel is long overdue, but also worries that young people are underestimating the true threat that Trump poses and in their anger over Israel and other issues, may not recognize that Biden is better on their side – even if he is not where they want him to be on Israel.

im feeling the urge to "chip in"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie was incredibly pro-genocide for months until he saw it was going to elect Trump lol

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://x.com/DWS________/status/1786375407060529565

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Dems have been fairly consistent at not deploying National Guard or other federal resources, and local police generally have remained tolerant up until sidewalk encampments or camping in public places happens. At that point, the law is being broken (depending on the state), so the question of whether and how to remove the protesters becomes more complicated. Also, the universities themselves are the organizations asking the police to remove protesters, not the government.
feels ambitious for someone on these forums to say since new york governor hochul recently girlbossed a national guard deployment to nyc subways based on vibes

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm assuming this is syq but colleges...are the government in most of the cases of cracking down on protesters

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

feels ambitious for someone on these forums to say since new york governor hochul recently girlbossed a national guard deployment to nyc subways based on vibes

Also for anyone who lived in a Dem-led city in 2020 to say

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

so it's bad enough to make sad and angry statements on social media but not bad enough to quit or name themselves

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

so it's bad enough to make sad and angry statements on social media but not bad enough to quit or name themselves

to the liberal and especially to the professional democratic party member, one's own career is more precious than life

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

SixteenShells posted:

vote as I say, not as I do

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The NYPD Demographics Unit (Codename: Sundowners)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1786398691601104951

US congress is about to applaud a guy after he calls their country inherently antisemitic

look as we all know the only safe place for jews is the country that deliberately keeps itself in a constant state of war and would basically collapse overnight if it didn't receive massive amounts of external funding

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Wait. The Dems went with Cuellar again? He's up for re-election unopposed, with national party endorsements?

what the gently caress

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Nonsense posted:

Bernie was incredibly pro-genocide for months until he saw it was going to elect Trump lol

once again I’m asking you to vote for a genocidal rapist

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

so why are you still staffers then?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

what’s the point of these staffers doing this, they’re going to be found anyhow and fired, just ascribe your name to your protest.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol are these the same losers that programed a supposed protest for the same day some massive storm was going to hit

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

I think you will find that it is actually voters caring about genocide that will elect Trump

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SixteenShells posted:

Wait. The Dems went with Cuellar again? He's up for re-election unopposed, with national party endorsements?

what the gently caress

Careers are literally the only thing Democrats value.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

michael tracey [chud] adopts an electoral position against genocide [fat driving in his lovely car]

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1786429013390414091

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
last time Bibi got invited to speak to congress, republicans invited him to speak about Iran and dems (including pres. obama) were upset they weren't consulted

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
they want us to believe they care about Dobbs and abortion rights and they won't even get rid of Cuellar, lmfao they think we're morons

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We have to give the Democratic Party the presidency, a supermajority in both houses of Congress and every state legislature, every governorship, and 20 or 30 years of SCOTUS appointments before we can begin to do anything even remotely Left.

Except that for some reason, when they're in a safe district, they run even further to the right.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

omega rugal but he's saying genocide voter
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1786421330239222042
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1786429759754265007

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Okay, folx, let's be real here: that lipstick isn't even semi-gloss.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/CrappyFumes/status/1786411513827250495

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

evergreen

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

it works for FF posts too

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:hmmyes:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

Angelica:
My name is Angelica Schuyler.

Hamilton:
Alexander Hamilton

Angelica:
Where's your family from?

Hamilton:
Unimportant. There's a million things I haven't done.
But just you wait, just you wait.

Angelica:
So so so so this is what it feels like to match wits with someone at your level.
What the hell is the catch?

Angelica is stunned at the genius-level mind capable of comprehending numbers as high as "a million."

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Joementum posted:

remembering the time that the entire democratic leadership campaigned to push him just over the line in a primary against a pro-choice women

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1786419842859643036

People who think Democrats care about wielding and maintaining political power in service of a broader project (much less a progressive one) are flummoxed by this.

Those of us who understand the Democratic party as a jobs network for politicians, donors, and their fail kids are not surprised. It's inevitable that the party would rally to defend the incumbent because that's just what the party does (naturally this is only applied selectively - you will not see the same protection afforded to Cori Bush for example)

Democrats choose to wield political power only when direct threats to that jobs network are perceived. This is why Bernie Sanders was viewed as a more immediate threat than Trump*

*perception is key here. Bernie proved himself to be a fraud so I don't think the threat was ever that real, but the party apparatus certainly treated it as such

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Put out a list of names and resign en masse or shut the gently caress up.

None of this "change from within" bullshit is accomplishing anything, and they know it. Bunch of cowards clinging to their careers

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is Stancil really what the next generation of Dems look like? Just the most hideously entitled ghouls who don't even understand why they had to hide their contempt for everyone not exactly like themselves.

I would like to reiterate my belief that future younger Dems will be even worse than their geriatric predecessors, because growing up privileged in the context of an even more unequal age cohort will just drive them even more insane.

Concepts of implied "nobility" will start to become more and more common as they need to justify things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm glad Adolf Eichmann didn't have Twitter.