Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like that during the blizzard you can see Asebi grab Marcille's hand and nobody notices.

There, changed it. Blame it on Twitter not shutting up about her for the last four months.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i noticed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
and yet no one ships

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait is it Asebi or Izutsumi?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
its people jumping the gun is what it is

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/FalloutFanArt/status/1786387325682880513?t=HNVxQd2E16EEpZVNVeRKnA&s=19

This one isn't jumping the big iron, I hope.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I love how the last doppelgangers are all "better", or at least , idealized versions of the party. Chilchuck is nicer, Senshi is more handsome, and Marcille is more serious/motivated

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Zeruel posted:

its people jumping the gun is what it is

yea jesus christ just let people watch the show and learn on their own

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

They literally said the characters name in promotional materials

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Edit - Forget it

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

VideoWitch posted:

They literally said the characters name in promotional materials

was it in the show? no.

Just wait 7 days and let people enjoy things fresh. its not hard. Theres a whole manga thread.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And if it's included in the credits? Would people flip out if someone said "whoa I wonder what that elf mage's name is" and someone replied saying "according to the credits its Thistle"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
there's a lot of "show don't tell" in dungeon meshi and you decided to bring a bullhorn

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I'm sorry but a characters name is not a spoiler if they put it in the credits, use it in promotional material, the va makes a tweet saying she's voicing that character, etc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't care about spoilers, it's just confusing

No one itt is calling him Thistle they call him the Mad Mage lol

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Considering how bad most goons are at watching TV, you technically are spoiling them for things they didn't notice while scrolling on their phone. The mods simply have a No Child Left Behind policy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Some people just watch the episodes that come out each week and don't go spelunking into all the finer poo poo about a show. Expecting others to meet you and your pace is a bit much. Just chill and let the pitch come to the plate.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Shinjobi posted:

Some people just watch the episodes that come out each week and don't go spelunking into all the finer poo poo about a show. Expecting others to meet you and your pace is a bit much. Just chill and let the pitch come to the plate.

We could start another thread for show watchers who want to talk about the show and leave this one for the people who just want to be horny for the character models. Compromise can be achieved if we just admit what we are to ourselves, first.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

We could start another thread for show watchers who want to talk about the show and leave this one for the people who just want to be horny for the character models. Compromise can be achieved if we just admit what we are to ourselves, first.

This poo poo sucks, stop.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everyone is ruining dungeon meshi anime but me 😔

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It would be easy to suss out some of the phoney doppelgangers if someone in your group had Goon's Disease (prosopagnosia)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/genicecream/status/1786263736614846777?s=19

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Marsupial Ape posted:

This is weird. You are being weird.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I was a little surprised they didn't ask all the Marcilles to do some magic. It seems unlikely that the doppelganger would be able to do it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chas McGill posted:

I was a little surprised they didn't ask all the Marcilles to do some magic. It seems unlikely that the doppelganger would be able to do it.

I think if the doppelganger did do magic, it should be a convincing illusion like the food.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Scallop Eyes posted:

Senshi is more handsome

Impossible.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
small joke from the manga that unfortunately didn't make it into the anime

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Laois is racist

But not on purpose

Hes just a lil dumb

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

This was maybe the funniest episode of the show so far, and thats saying something because I've laughed a bunch at earlier episodes.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The cat is finally here. Real Dungeon Meshi can now begin.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 3, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Didn't see no cats in this episode. Saw a big evil nine tailed fox though

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hihohe posted:

Laois is racist

But not on purpose

Hes just a lil dumb

They're all a little racist

Which in this case was a good thing, since it helped them figure out the fakes

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

I really like that we have canonical answers regarding this latest episode:

Especially interesting because it informs a lot of inter-party/interracial dynamics.

Going back to this, there really is a LOT to analyze:

Laios' version of Marcille is the most believable, because he's not super elf-racist and not magic-phobic enough to just see her spellbook as incomprehensible squiggles, but still sees her mostly as the sorta intense competent figure from the Falin resurrection moreso than the kinda girlfailure she really is.

Chilchuck has the most superficially accurate image of Senshi, because Laios basically doesn't notice things about people until he's known them for years and Marcille is slightly dwarf-racist, but Chilchuck still sees him as a slightly more handsome, ruggedly masculine character than he really is.

Marcille's got the most accurate image of Chilchuck, because again Laios is absentminded about details and Senshi sees him as a smol bean whose lockpicks are just wiggly pieces of metal he doesn't care about, but she still sees him as a little more cute and childish than he wants to present himself.

And nobody has a terribly accurate image of Laios, because to a dwarf he's wispy and effeminate, to an elf he's hulking and crude, and Chilchuck just sees him as a flanderized caricature of himself

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Compared to the chart, anime Senshi's Laios seemed less "Tall Men look kinda effeminate" and more "took a few blows to the head."

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Arc Hammer posted:

Didn't see no cats in this episode. Saw a big evil nine tailed fox though

Well of course you wouldn't see her she's a ninja cat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Well of course you wouldn't see her she's a ninja cat.

Sorry are you referring to content that hasn't been presented between the 00:00 to 24:02 marks of this episode because that might be a spoiler, yo.

Please pay no mind to this released trailer where she literally calls herself by her name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXrlnCEyplo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

e: should have just waited for mod action instead of contributing more to the problem

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 3, 2024

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Asterite34 posted:

Going back to this, there really is a LOT to analyze:

Laios' version of Marcille is the most believable, because he's not super elf-racist and not magic-phobic enough to just see her spellbook as incomprehensible squiggles, but still sees her mostly as the sorta intense competent figure from the Falin resurrection moreso than the kinda girlfailure she really is.

Also of note, Laios spent three days intensively reading Marcille's grimoire to find the spell to cure petrification. It's no wonder his memory of her had a really accurate-looking spellbook.

Asterite34 posted:

And nobody has a terribly accurate image of Laios, because to a dwarf he's wispy and effeminate, to an elf he's hulking and crude, and Chilchuck just sees him as a flanderized caricature of himself

Worse, Senshi doesn't just remember his Laios as being slightly spacy and effeminate, he's actually given him Falin's face. You just know Marcille is going to have Words with him about that. :argh: