Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

I don't have X (Formerly X) but couldn't a toxic stalker just make a second non-blocked account to peek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

But why? What even is the point of having a blocking option if it doesn't block? He's been trying to get rid of blocking for ages and I honestly can't see any reason for it that isn't super disturbing and creepy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Zero VGS posted:

I don't have X (Formerly X) but couldn't a toxic stalker just make a second non-blocked account to peek?

Sure, but people keep finding the alt accounts Musk makes

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I'm sure the EU will love this new feature

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

holtemon posted:

I'm sure the EU will love this new feature

The EU needs to poo poo or get off the pot on this. They keep saying they're gonna do it only to back off, and if I'm Musk I'm realizing they have no intention of blocking Xitter, only making public pronouncements, so I can do whatever I want

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Think this is not entirely legal so lol gj musk

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

no because people are lazy as gently caress and even logging out or using private mode is a level of effort most people dont want to do.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

PhazonLink posted:

no because people are lazy as gently caress and even logging out or using private mode is a level of effort most people dont want to do.

just use a different browser for each account. If you have more than like 4 accounts you have a problem and need multiboxing software or something I don't know.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

PhazonLink posted:

Sounds like you're not toxic enough :smugdog:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

pixaal posted:

If you have more than like 0 accounts you have a problem

ftfy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kazil posted:

The upside is that Musk will probably not follow through. Same as every other time he's tried to gently caress with blocks

Ian Miles Cheong and the other weirdos he's a reply guy to are all very block happy so there's no way he goes through with this. poo poo Musk blocked me back in the day it's such an odd thing for him to tweet he's against.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
unregretted x's per user-second continue to reach new heights!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Zero VGS posted:

Oh new accounts will require payment to post in the future

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The EU needs to poo poo or get off the pot on this. They keep saying they're gonna do it only to back off, and if I'm Musk I'm realizing they have no intention of blocking Xitter, only making public pronouncements, so I can do whatever I want

The optimist in me is saying they're just gathering evidence and biding their time

But then I come crashing back to real life and realize Elon's just gonna do whatever he wants

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

im gonna make my 2 robots fight each other for sport

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Isn't it a requirement on both the Apple and Google app stores that social media apps have a block option? I'm sure that was raised before.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

thank you in relation to X you are correct, I was being more general like running multiple characters in a game.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I got a line on an illegal robot knife fighting ring...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s just 32 billion robots how hard could that be

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Isn't it a requirement on both the Apple and Google app stores that social media apps have a block option? I'm sure that was raised before.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

quote:

1.2 User-Generated Content
Apps with user-generated content present particular challenges, ranging from intellectual property infringement to anonymous bullying. To prevent abuse, apps with user-generated content or social networking services must include:

A method for filtering objectionable material from being posted to the app
A mechanism to report offensive content and timely responses to concerns
The ability to block abusive users from the service
Published contact information so users can easily reach you

The published requirements aren't very detailed. Blocking a user from the service is probably not the same as enabling users to block each other.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I think that's why he's simply making it useless instead of removing it entirely. This way X(formerly X) still "technically" has a block function. He's been sporadically whining about blocking since he made comedy legal again so this is what he finally settled on I guess

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Steadiman posted:

But why? What even is the point of having a blocking option if it doesn't block? He's been trying to get rid of blocking for ages and I honestly can't see any reason for it that isn't super disturbing and creepy

he's probably among the most blocked accounts and he sees that "You're blocked" window all the time or something similarly petty

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

Ian Miles Cheong and the other weirdos he's a reply guy to are all very block happy so there's no way he goes through with this. poo poo Musk blocked me back in the day it's such an odd thing for him to tweet he's against.

Read the tweet quoting him. He already went through with it. Some clarification:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

light trailer = near infinite mass

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

holtemon posted:

The optimist in me is saying they're just gathering evidence and biding their time

But then I come crashing back to real life and realize Elon's just gonna do whatever he wants

He wants to make X happen. It ain't gonna happen.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I imagine it will look similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQrYxXpG58g&t=68s

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

morningdrew posted:

*Voids Warranty

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

drat i forgot all about that game

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

morningdrew posted:

yeah ok let me go pay to get a bank check for a cool 135k just so i can test drive the truck that you sound desperate to sell lol cybertruck fans

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/crawf34/status/1786102215511331014?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why would you buy the truck if you knew you were going to be driving around the emptiest states in the country for months.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inside of his head's as empty as the middle of Wyoming

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

morningdrew posted:

Isn't the version out there now like 100k?

Did he add the 35k to offset the 50k penalty testla's going to hit him with for reselling the c truck within a year?

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh new accounts will require payment to post in the future

Lmao who the hell would pay to post on the internet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

yook posted:

Did he add the 35k to offset the 50k penalty testla's going to hit him with for reselling the c truck within a year?

Are they still doing that? I thought somebody said they eventually removed that restriction.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

yook posted:

I'm guessing that's for the fancy stormtrooper white paint job he added

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Are they still doing that? I thought somebody said they eventually removed that restriction.

Hard to keep up when official policy at 6 different companies is whatever Elon tweets about at 3am

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

yook posted:

The wait list is years long at this point so jacking up the price is a reasonable decision. Not that the car is worth it, but someone will probably pay for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bad_fmr posted:

Lmao who the hell would pay to post on the internet.