Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

The PSN region complication definitely needs to be clarified yesterday, but anyone complaining about needing multiple accounts when a good chunk of third-party games on Steam have the same caveat (or even to the extreme of needing a whole separate app to put on top of it) just doesn't seem worth the backlash to me :shrug:

Even stuff like CoD you still need an Activision/Battle.net account in the background somewhere for stuff like purchases and stats carrying over between platforms and/or games.

Anyone blaming Arrowhead on this can gently caress right off though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Cheap Shot posted:

Also it’s been asked several times but was Helldivers 2 region locked on steam for non psn countries? I’m assuming not but I’d rather not assume if anyone knows.

Grain of salt but as I understand, no. It was pretty much available everywhere Steam is

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

novaSphere posted:

gotta complain about people defending an industry giant (sony) while defending an industry giant (steam) :downs:

I feel bad for their community folks and moderators. This is not a fun day for anyone who has to deal with social media channels

??? no one’s said anything about steam. do you think they’re responsible for sony’s decision here???

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
People saying they get loads of super credits but no medals sound like they're playing a totally different game. I play mostly 7s with friends, about an hour or two a day, and over the past week I've earned about 60 super credits and about 110 medals. Are people ignoring major/personal orders and playing 3s or something?

If the stuff in the new warbond next week is good I'll probably be shilling out :10bux: again because we almost never find SC in-game.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

GlyphGryph posted:

There is no way that's both sincere and serious.

We have such sights to show you.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Warad posted:

The PSN region complication definitely needs to be clarified yesterday, but anyone complaining about needing multiple accounts when a good chunk of third-party games on Steam have the same caveat (or even to the extreme of needing a whole separate app to put on top of it) just doesn't seem worth the backlash to me :shrug:

Even stuff like CoD you still need an Activision/Battle.net account in the background somewhere for stuff like purchases and stats carrying over between platforms.

Imagine the shitstorm if Activision let you play CoD for three months on Steam before announcing that actually you can't and you now need to install Battle.net

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Cheap Shot posted:

I haven't needed to make a PSN account since I was a teen with a PS3 so I’m pretty out of date on the specifics of it in tyool 2024. Is there no way to just lie? I recently watched a couple streamers play EDF6 early by making Singapore PSN accounts and they said it was very little effort to do so. Obviously not the same circumstances but I genuinely don’t know how it works and would love to know if some players are truly out of luck and without options or not.

Also it’s been asked several times but was Helldivers 2 region locked on steam for non psn countries? I’m assuming not but I’d rather not assume if anyone knows.

You can use a VPN and lie, yes. Helldivers wasn't region locked at all so far as i know, which, lol.

Baby T. Love posted:

I agree with everything above.

What I'm mocking is the constant disingenuous overblown response to every bit of news about this game. That there happens to be a strong fair point for an edge-case of players who bought the game in countries without PSN and didn't see the PSN requirement when they bought the game is a coincidence. In a sense, those players are being used as ammunition in a ridiculous war.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Warad posted:

Even stuff like CoD you still need an Activision/Battle.net account in the background somewhere for stuff like purchases and stats carrying over between platforms.

This is pretty much where I stand. The decision is out of Arrowhead's hands unfortunately, and heaping abuse on them in the Discord or wherever isn't going to fix it.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Imagine the shitstorm if Activision let you play CoD for three months on Steam before announcing that actually you can't and you now need to install Battle.net

Warad posted:

The PSN region complication definitely needs to be clarified yesterday

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I logged into helldivers, checked a bunch of menus, and don't see anything about PSN. I probably did it ages ago. How can I check if I've done it or not?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it, that hypothetical just tickled my brain

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Jeff Fatwood posted:

yeah it sucks that helldivers is being delisted from steam and will only be available from the official sony playstation launcher

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Warad posted:

Even stuff like CoD you still need an Activision/Battle.net account in the background somewhere for stuff like purchases and stats carrying over between platforms and/or games.

many games that state they require a third party account let you ignore the account entirely (rocksmith 2014 for example). so, if you're one of the thousands of people who uses Steam's refund policy to check for lovely 3rd party integration you're hosed as it sure looked like it wasn't actually required. I've never paid for a game, played it for months, then been told if I want to keep enjoying it I need to take some other steps. that's unacceptable and it's shocking how many people are good with enabling this behavior.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

nexus6 posted:

People saying they get loads of super credits but no medals sound like they're playing a totally different game. I play mostly 7s with friends, about an hour or two a day, and over the past week I've earned about 60 super credits and about 110 medals. Are people ignoring major/personal orders and playing 3s or something?

If the stuff in the new warbond next week is good I'll probably be shilling out :10bux: again because we almost never find SC in-game.

If you prioritize hunting them by finding most/all POIs they come pretty frequently. If you're only worried about completing missions they're going to be a lot more scarce.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

yeah it sucks that helldivers is being delisted from steam and will only be available from the official sony playstation launcher

It sure does

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

You can use a VPN and lie, yes. Helldivers wasn't region locked at all so far as i know, which, lol.

Not sure which side of this you're coming down on, but just in case anyone was curious, here's the site as it was during pre-purchase

It was always there.

Not that that excuses things like releasing it in regions where a PSN network account can't be created, but again guessing that was out of Arrowhead's hands and firmly in Sony's.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Winkle-Daddy posted:

many games that state they require a third party account let you ignore the account entirely (rocksmith 2014 for example). so, if you're one of the thousands of people who uses Steam's refund policy to check for lovely 3rd party integration you're hosed as it sure looked like it wasn't actually required. I've never paid for a game, played it for months, then been told if I want to keep enjoying it I need to take some other steps. that's unacceptable and it's shocking how many people are good with enabling this behavior.

Online games do this pretty often, like when MMOs get sold to other publishers. I wanna say Black Desert actually wiped peoples accounts if they didn't migrate within 90 days to their new system. Which is ridiculous. But its not unprecedented.

Angry_Ed posted:

Not sure which side of this you're coming down on, but just in case anyone was curious, here's the site as it was during pre-purchase

It was always there.

Not that that excuses things like releasing it in regions where a PSN network account can't be created, but again guessing that was out of Arrowhead's hands and firmly in Sony's.

It was intended as supporting example of a capital-g Gamer being completely ridiculous

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Lmao, this reminds me of people pushing back against game refunds. All the same excuses and some people busting out the EULA too.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it, that hypothetical just tickled my brain

No worries, as I said people who are region-locked out of PSN definitely have the right to be making a shitstorm over this, but anyone going "HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME SPEND A MINUTE OF MY TIME TO MAKE A THROWAWAY PSN ACCOUNT" is just ehhh, but what do I know since I just linked the account I've had since the PS3 came out and didn't even know the thing was supposedly optional. So I might not be the best authority on the whole issue to begin with.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Winkle-Daddy posted:

that's unacceptable and it's shocking how many people are good with enabling this behavior.

the only part I’d disagree on is that it’s shocking. Even itt you’ve got people telling everyone to get over it because it doesn’t affect them + some really annoying people are on the other side

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nexus6 posted:

I do also feel like people vastly inflate how easy it is to get tons of SC through normal play, I've only not had to buy one warbond with real money so far. We go out of our way for POI's and my friends obsessively want to clear everything on a map and while it doesn't feel stingy it probably requires more than a couple hours a day to get those kind of results. We typically only ever have time to go through one campaign before being done for the night so it's been sorta slow.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

explosivo posted:

I do also feel like people vastly inflate how easy it is to get tons of SC through normal play, I've only not had to buy one warbond with real money so far. We go out of our way for POI's and my friends obsessively want to clear everything on a map and while it doesn't feel stingy it probably requires more than a couple hours a day to get those kind of results. We typically only ever have time to go through one campaign before being done for the night so it's been sorta slow.

Plus it seems like your team contributes to your personal order and we usually have one person with the AC and another with the flamethrower so things like 'Kill 100 enemies with the flamethrower' gets done really fast.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

nexus6 posted:

Plus it seems like your team contributes to your personal order and we usually have one person with the AC and another with the flamethrower so things like 'Kill 100 enemies with the flamethrower' gets done really fast.
Weirdly it only works like this if both people have the personal up. If I complete the "100 enemies with flamethrower" order, then play with a friend who does not have it complete, now my flamethrower kills don't count for their order anymore.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Helldivers 2: This is our Rosa Parks! Don't let them win

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

AndyElusive posted:

Helldivers 2: This is our Rosa Parks! Don't let them win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVQmdKwn_dQ

But imagine he's flying down in a hellpod

Griz
May 21, 2001

redreader posted:

I logged into helldivers, checked a bunch of menus, and don't see anything about PSN. I probably did it ages ago. How can I check if I've done it or not?

as far as I can tell you can't do anything with it until they reactivate the nag screen

I know I didn't do it because I've never had a playstation but there's no button or anything currently in game

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
drat can't believe the game that said "requires third-party account: playstation network" on its steam page since launch requires a third-party playstation network account now. time to review bomb the game because i'm a giant reddit manbaby who deserves to be restricted to 9600 baud for the rest of his life

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
We wanted to play Halo yesterday but couldn't because after the 170GB download (twice) one of two computers declared XBOX LIVE SERVICE ERROR and nothing we can do will get it to behave so now we just play Deep Rock.

So I get it.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

??? no one’s said anything about steam. do you think they’re responsible for sony’s decision here???

No, just staring into the abyss of the helldivers discord and watching the "consumer advocates" tripping over each other to ride steam's meat while denouncing evil corporate interests

This is a crappy miscommunication on AH and Sony's part but also The Gamers make me want to put my face through my monitor

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord Packinham posted:

Lmao, this reminds me of people pushing back against game refunds. All the same excuses and some people busting out the EULA too.

An EULA is actually not remotely the same as a clear label saying "you need this for it to work" on a product's cover. It is poo poo that Sony are forcing this, but when you bought the game there was a sign saying "you need this". The game itself said "you need this" when you first loaded it up. Yes you could click the decline button and still get through, but anyone who can comprehend the written word should have been able to understand that it not being required was either a bug or a temporary thing.

It sucks that this is happening. It's not Arrowhead's fault this is happening. Literally everyone who bought the game was warned before purchase, and at the first instance of playing the game (within the refund period) that it was a thing. If you are in an affected region where this might stop you playing, or at least make you jump through egregious hoops like the UK, then fine be angry at Sony, or yourself for not reading. Because that is a lovely situation. If however you are in the vast majority of players who are not actually affected by this beyond the time it takes to make a burner PSN account, or look up your existing PSN details, maybe just have a cup of tea and a sit down.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

This person is right. Are you gonna let them win???

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

A joke about baud? Dad? Is that you?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

nexus6 posted:

That just seems like bad luck man. I think medals are much easier to get because you can focus only on objectives and get 50+ medals a night + any major orders/dailies. SC are harder in that you need to be hitting all the POIs (and especially bunkers) or else you won't get SC. That being said I started this week at 3600 SC, spent roughly 400 on armor & helmet in the rotation shop, and am back up to 3580 and I also play about an hour or 2 a day and sometimes only 1 mission.

You do have to avoid extermination/defense missions though, since you need the maps with the POI.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

An EULA is actually not remotely the same as a clear label saying "you need this for it to work" on a product's cover. It is poo poo that Sony are forcing this, but when you bought the game there was a sign saying "you need this". The game itself said "you need this" when you first loaded it up. Yes you could click the decline button and still get through, but anyone who can comprehend the written word should have been able to understand that it not being required was either a bug or a temporary thing.

It sucks that this is happening. It's not Arrowhead's fault this is happening. Literally everyone who bought the game was warned before purchase, and at the first instance of playing the game (within the refund period) that it was a thing. If you are in an affected region where this might stop you playing, or at least make you jump through egregious hoops like the UK, then fine be angry at Sony, or yourself for not reading. Because that is a lovely situation. If however you are in the vast majority of players who are not actually affected by this beyond the time it takes to make a burner PSN account, or look up your existing PSN details, maybe just have a cup of tea and a sit down.

No, I think I'll complain for the people being left out even if I am not affected myself greatly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not that it was great to begin with but right this moment the official HD2 Discord is absolutely insufferable JFC.

Are these the kinds of people I've been playing with when I play with randos or SOS drop this entire time?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Lots of corpo bootlickers. They aren't your friend.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Neither is steam

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

explosivo posted:

you can very easily just solo your way through a bunch of level 1 and 2 missions with a jump pack, grab all the POI poo poo, return to your ship and launch another one. They made it so you can't farm multiple SC and medal drops from the same mission, but it does not take very long to just tour around and clear a bunch of different ones. I was 200SC short of a warbond and I wanted to see if i could get that much before the next one dropped, lo and behold it took me maybe 45 minutes not being very diligent about it. it's also much more efficient to bring a buddy to split up and cover more area and open the double door locks, but even solo it's quite easy.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 3, 2024

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Wow hot topic. Sony, Blizzard, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Nintendo etc.

Did I miss any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Jeff Fatwood posted:

No, I think I'll complain for the people being left out even if I am not affected myself greatly.

Who are these people who can't figure out how to make an account?