Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

jeeves posted:

So with Paramount being bought by Sony does that mean that NuTrek is finally dead? Our all of our prayers finally answered that Mike will die happy knowing Star Trek: Picard: season 4: section 31: the Borg strikes back: the Motion Picture will not be the final thing he sees?

Last I heard was Skydance was the one likely to buy Paramount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Gutcruncher posted:

Sony bought paramount?? gently caress

I mean better them than Disney I guess. Sony will at least treat Paramounts back catalog with a little respect

latest big news is that sony and apollo are making a 26 billion dollar offer for paramount, hasn't been accepted, will take a while to go through, yadda yadda

https://variety.com/2024/biz/news/sony-apollo-paramount-global-acquisition-offer-cash-1235981220/

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm just hoping shari redstone gets her rightful dues

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Justin Credible posted:

There is literally a whole episode and multiple follow ups about Worf learning how to not be a lovely dad and repairing his relationship with his son

How does a Elim avatar not know this argh

I am literally angry with rage

Fine, fine, fine, you got me dead to rights. Worf is the seventh best DS9 dad after: the Siskos (both Benjamin and Joseph); Rom; O'Brien, Bashir's dad who genetically modified his son against his will; Gul Dukat; and Enabran Tain, who exiled me from Cardassia and tried to have me assassinated.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worth noting that Avery Brooks was adamant about having a positive Father-Son relationship in the show. I don't know how much his influence played out overall, but it definitely shaped the Jake character and arc.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Crescent Wrench posted:

Fine, fine, fine, you got me dead to rights. Worf is the seventh best DS9 dad after: the Siskos (both Benjamin and Joseph); Rom; O'Brien, Bashir's dad who genetically modified his son against his will; Gul Dukat; and Enabran Tain, who exiled me from Cardassia and tried to have me assassinated.

Pacing back and forth on the promenade mumbling "Now TAIN I can get into"

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Worth noting that Avery Brooks was adamant about having a positive Father-Son relationship in the show. I don't know how much his influence played out overall, but it definitely shaped the Jake character and arc.

As I recall he was pretty pissed that they wanted to end the show with Sisko loving off to travel through space-time with the Prophets and abandon his son, and he insisted on them adding the lines about how he was totally, definitely coming back someday and not just stepping out to buy cigarettes with the wormhole aliens.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that is correct crescent wrench.

avery brooks is the best, both for his input on sisko and that time he totally freaked shatner the gently caress out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MEYMMDhKk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1786431243699024020

Carpenter's right. Oppenheimer was way overrated.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It’s Hollywood telling you how to think and feel about an important event so of course it is important. Possibly more important than the actual event.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

gul dukat didn’t murder his illegitimate half-bajoran child so we gotta put a point up on the board for that

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

carpenter doesn't miss

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Carpenter just wanted the nerd who keeps badgering him about Oppenheimer to leave so he could get back to smoking weed and playing chaos code

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Space Jam posted:

gul dukat didn’t murder his illegitimate half-bajoran child so we gotta put a point up on the board for that

Which one?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

As I recall he was pretty pissed that they wanted to end the show with Sisko loving off to travel through space-time with the Prophets and abandon his son, and he insisted on them adding the lines about how he was totally, definitely coming back someday and not just stepping out to buy cigarettes with the wormhole aliens.

Narrator: He never returned

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

every christopher nolan movie is decent to pretty good, but they require the viewer to be on an 8th grade reading level, making them the smartest thing the average american watches in a year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Narrator: He never returned

Probably the only way you could get Avery Brooks to appear on a new Star Trek thing is that he's only in a single scene with Cirroc Lofton where Jake awkwardly shoe-horns in that Sisko came back from the wormhole 2 months later and has been the greatest dad in the universe ever since.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

every christopher nolan movie is decent to pretty good, but they require the viewer to be on an 8th grade reading level, making them the smartest thing the average american watches in a year

i was gonna say you don't need to be on any reading level to enjoy a movie, but you actually do need to be able to read the subtitles for most of his movies

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Rageaholic posted:

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1786431243699024020

still havent seen it but after seeing that same thumbnail of cillian's "my god what have i done" face a hundred times i think basically have the gist

moopies are important!! so important and necessary in these times!!!!!

hollywood gently caress offffffff

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Probably the only way you could get Avery Brooks to appear on a new Star Trek thing is that he's only in a single scene with Cirroc Lofton where Jake awkwardly shoe-horns in that Sisko came back from the wormhole 2 months later and has been the greatest dad in the universe ever since.

*in front of a piano, and then 2-4 minutes of piano playing

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
but could they get avery bullock

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

*in front of a piano, and then 2-4 minutes of piano playing

*Sisko sneaks in a few bars of "Cat's in the Cradle" while grinning and staring off into the middle distance*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Rubellavator posted:

i was gonna say you don't need to be on any reading level to enjoy a movie, but you actually do need to be able to read the subtitles for most of his movies

*tapping my head*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't know if john carpenter has been wrong in his life. It forces you to consider, regarding ghosts of mars, if perhaps it's the people who are wrong

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

kalel posted:

carpenter doesn't miss

Firts read that as "carpenter doesn't piss"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don't know if john carpenter has been wrong in his life. It forces you to consider, regarding ghosts of mars, if perhaps it's the people who are wrong

Gonna make a point to rewatch this

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Rich Evans may have rated ghost of mars higher than halloween in their carpenter top 30 videos, i dont exactly remember but he's right

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What the hell Panos Cosmatos is a local boy, and around my age. God we might have gone to the same highschool together with him a grade above me. He also cites the whole satanic panic of the 80's as a big influence on him, which I recently learned actually was entirely started in Victoria.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know another J carpenter who was never wrong in his life and they still crucified him over his reviews

LonleyBoi
May 3, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 3, 2024

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
drift away, bitch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I know another J carpenter who was never wrong in his life and they still crucified him over his reviews

They hated him cuz he spoke the truth (about Star Wars)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If Jesus was born today he'd be making 3 hour youtube reviews of individual Bad Batch episodes in which he would be crucified in the comments by die hard fans.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

If Jesus was born today he'd be making 3 hour youtube reviews of individual Bad Batch episodes in which he would be crucified in the comments by die hard fans.
He died for our cinemasins

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

mystes posted:

He died for our cinemasins

How could Jesus have left the cave when there was a big heavy rock in front of it? *ding*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Baronjutter posted:

What the hell Panos Cosmatos is a local boy, and around my age. God we might have gone to the same highschool together with him a grade above me. He also cites the whole satanic panic of the 80's as a big influence on him, which I recently learned actually was entirely started in Victoria.

I think I read somewhere he went to Vic High, so he probably lived not too far from me (I lived in fairfield/rockland area). A couple years older than me but I went to school way across town in Esquimalt.

What was up with the satanic panic I don’t even remember that!!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Dukat also went insane because of the death of his half-Bajoran daughter. Maybe not dad of the year but hey.

Also Sisko did return, there are comics. They get a bit strange.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Justin Credible posted:

Dukat also went insane because of the death of his half-Bajoran daughter. Maybe not dad of the year but hey.

Also Sisko did return, there are comics. They get a bit strange.

the ds9 relaunch books just have him chilling on bajor with cassidy and the baby which was very nice at least

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the ds9 relaunch books just have him chilling on bajor with cassidy and the baby which was very nice at least

Oh yeah like I'm gonna read a book like some kind of loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

oh, for sure. sony know what they're doing when it comes to making movies and would never try to flog the horse of a dead franchise

Really looking forward to the Crystalline Entity cinematic universe starring Dakota Johnson.