Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Uthor posted:

Looking at the image on my phone far away: looks fine to control volume.

Taking a closer look and seeing it's for the source: WTF???

Volume is the rocker on the other side of the steering wheel.

Right?! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Volume is the rocker on the other side of the steering wheel.

Right?! :ohdear:
It's the horizontal button below source.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Fingat saved by panel gap.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Krakkles posted:

It's the horizontal button below source.

My eyes I swear that wasn't a speaker icon the first time 😄

But why wouldn't you have those the other way around?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Good to know my penith is safe if I slam it in the Cybertruck frunk because the panel gaps are so large

if you owned a CYBERTRUKK it was safe anyway on account of it not being long enough to stick into the panel gap

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

hey so the lead cybertruck engineer (note tesla logo in name) has weighed in on this

:shepicide: :jeb: :whitewater:

why

"learning algorithm" my loving rear end, it's an if statement and a counter

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The truck understands your intention to commit suicide, it will continue to increase force until you are finally at peace

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

hey so the lead cybertruck engineer (note tesla logo in name) has weighed in on this

why

Why would you design something like this? Just make the loving thing bounce back at the slightest resistance. People are stupid and will put appendages where they should not, but lmao lets let an AI decapitate an unsupervised child (because this is what the end result of this will be)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nitrox posted:

The truck understands your intention to commit suicide, it will continue to increase force until you are finally at peace
Truly the future we deserve

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

why

let me use a real-life example of why this is the dumbest loving thing.

My car has a key fob that the car is capable of detecting, the usual. One time I was on a road trip and stopped for gas. Going back to my car I decided to put my jacket in the trunk, tried to close the trunk and it popped open. Tried again, popped open. Tried a third time and it popped open. That’s when I realized the key fob was in the jacket pocket and it wouldn’t allow you to close the trunk with the key fob in it.

So I guess on a Tesla the car decides you know better and lets you lock the fob in the trunk leaving you with no way to get into the car.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I don't want my car to have learning algorithms for anything, and not in an old man kind of way, we've just solved that stuff with driver profiles. I don't want the car to always try to open the sunroof on the highway on ramp just because my wife likes to do that and the car just assumes that the sunroof gets opened on those by default

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wait. So if you repeatedly 'force' the frunk to close at what point does the motor burn out if it can't quite get there? I mean it's a learning algorithm and my guy just said it'll try because it thinks that's what you want.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lmao at absolutely everything surrounding the cybertruck. There is nothing it has that isn't a perfectly written joke with perfect delivery, every time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Sagebrush posted:

why

*sigh*

And you just know a bunch of other car makers are going to copy this stupidity

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

why

Well we now have something infinitely funnier than a guillotine.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

So I guess on a Tesla the car decides you know better and lets you lock the fob in the trunk leaving you with no way to get into the car.

note that this is also contrary to ol' musky's moronic personal precept that the user doesn't know what they want and their input is always wrong:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Frunk Pinch was the worst of the force powers

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's almost like anyone talking for tesla is full of poo poo

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
BRB. Going to invent a cyber trukkkkkkkk frunk wood splitter attachment

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

ili posted:

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

He's just projecting

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I told my car to go to the store in error. Thankfully it took me to the white pride march instead. Thanks Elon!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
pinchin big frunks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

How many shrimp will fit in the frunk? Will the frunk close harder and harder if I overpack the shrimp inside until it mushes them and the ice they're packed in into a goopy paste?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So many shrimp, it'll get iodine poisoning.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

note that this is also contrary to ol' musky's moronic personal precept that the user doesn't know what they want and their input is always wrong:

famously this idiot almost killed himself driving a McLaren F1 without insurance

imagine all the other alternate universes where this idiot succeeded

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

famously this idiot almost killed himself driving a McLaren F1 without insurance

we are in the bad place

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

wesleywillis posted:

So many shrimp, it'll get iodine poisoning.

Interior pachyderm hippopotamus
My tesla drives into firetrucks autonomous

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

maximum IT brain

if support ticket, then label user error & close ticket

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

orange juche posted:

Why would you design something like this? Just make the loving thing bounce back at the slightest resistance. People are stupid and will put appendages where they should not, but lmao lets let an AI decapitate an unsupervised child (because this is what the end result of this will be)

No but you see for some customers it’s very important for the trunk to be able to firmly close even if there is something yielding stuck between the panels

Just trust me on this ok

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

NoWake posted:

:golfclap:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NoWake posted:

What's the point of calling it autopilot if you have to have your hands on the wheel?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

orange juche posted:

What's the point of calling it autopilot if you have to have your hands on the wheel?

Marketing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Almost killed himself and Peter Thiel

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

A sentence I never thought I'd say unironically: goddamn seat belts.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Chris Knight posted:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Chris Knight posted:

serious mark against the existence of a benevolent god who intervenes in human affairs

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://x.com/jermhimselfish/status/1786743776053985591?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

god bless shitposting local papers