Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

credburn posted:

This is probably a better discussion elsewhere, and maybe there's a thread for this, but I don't understand what the big deal is. So they have your information, who cares? They know your geographical location, your gaming habits, maybe the things you search for and what your last Amazon purchase was. What's the big deal? They're not getting your credit card information and selling that or anything.

They can have all my data. I'm not doing anything with it, and I almost exclusively find my interests through word of mouth or my own searches; I can't remember the last time a targeted ad felt at all relevant to me. Well, except wish.com, that got me. Wish is so good.

Because privacy still matters, and I want to choose who knows what games I'm playing, where I'm posting, and so on.

Also I resent them taking my data and then using it to make money. I don't want to be a product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

It's one more unnecessary pain in the rear end and point of potential failure for the sake of giving some loving useless suit a slightly larger paycheck that they'll never notice because they're sociopaths who cannot ever be satisfied.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Speaking of I've finally just gone full invisible with my steam friends status because the other night a friend asked why I was playing hitman while I was playing pubg with them and I didn't like that sensation

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I don't think Sony is going to make any money on your data. I think they just want to send you marketing. Just use one of your gmail built in aliases if you're worried about it. It's dumb, I agree, I feel like the ship has sailed on this and they should let it go. I had fun with Hell Divers, definitely a game worth checking out while it is still insanely popular, but I am all Hell Divered out at this point.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
The announcement was signed by Sony not the devs, who don't sound happy!

Surely it will lead to either an exemption to some or refunds allowed past the usual limit

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Aw Strix I always liked seeing what you were up to.

poe meater posted:

I have about 20 hours in it that I have been playing on and off since early access and it's not creepy at all IMO. I haven't unlocked all the lore bits or characters but seems fine so far.

Awesome, thank you!

WRT that humble bundle - Siralim Ultimate is incredible value. It's my second most played game, it has long eclipsed Stardew Valley. I love that drat thing.

e: oh and 'deck playable' for Siralim - the title screen displays 'Press E to begin' instead of a button prompt. That's literally all that's wrong

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Koburn posted:

Surely it will lead to either an exemption to some or refunds allowed past the usual limit
I doubt it, the Steam page has had the 3rd party log in requirement listed since the game went on sale.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It hell dove, straight off a cliff,

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Siralim Ultimate is really good but I wish the UI was slightly less poo poo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Siralim Ultimate is really good but I wish the UI was slightly less poo poo.

I've stopped noticing I think, but yeah, it is kind of - well, it's functional. I'm too used to it.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
You're not allowed to be mad at anything, and particularly not gaming stuff on a video games forum, because there are bad things happening elsewhere on Earth.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FishMcCool posted:

You're not allowed to be mad at anything, and particularly not gaming stuff on a video games forum, because there are bad things happening elsewhere on Earth.

hey we removed the 'starving children in africa' rule in e/n for a reason. Stupid poo poo is stupid poo poo that upsets you and that's valid and worth talking about.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

HopperUK posted:

Anyone play Chrono Ark and can say whether it's horny in a creepy way or just horny? It looks very anime but also kinda cool.
It’s very good with an interesting plot. Only one character have an upskirt shot on her ult. You can ignore the swimsuit dlc too.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

HopperUK posted:

Aw Strix I always liked seeing what you were up to.

Awesome, thank you!

WRT that humble bundle - Siralim Ultimate is incredible value. It's my second most played game, it has long eclipsed Stardew Valley. I love that drat thing.

e: oh and 'deck playable' for Siralim - the title screen displays 'Press E to begin' instead of a button prompt. That's literally all that's wrong

Heartily seconded, I've made like half a dozen posts gushing about the game, I've played for at least 400 hours. Think I might boot it up now for a bit while I wait at the pharmacy now it's on my mind :)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Steam Thread: Only one character have an upskirt shot on her ult

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

woke kaczynski posted:

Heartily seconded, I've made like half a dozen posts gushing about the game, I've played for at least 400 hours. Think I might boot it up now for a bit while I wait at the pharmacy now it's on my mind :)

The first games in the series are also great but ultimate refines a lot of stuff

Also I’m not going to be shocked if Sony starts requiring PSN for its other games just because.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

The first games in the series are also great but ultimate refines a lot of stuff

Also I’m not going to be shocked if Sony starts requiring PSN for its other games just because.

They already do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Novasol posted:

They already do.

Which ones? Spider-Man doesn’t yet.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
The problem with giving anyone your private information is that even if the company in question doesn't do anything malicious with it (tough loving luck nowadays), security breaches happen so often so it's more than likely your info will get sold at some point unless you simply don't give them the info in the first place.

And companies like Google and Facebook, some of the richest corporations around, built their entire business on ads supported by selling private data - that's how much money is there in collecting it. Recently Netflix announced they will cancel the cheapest ad-free tier in the US and Canada and move people to the "cheaper" ad-supported one. Sure, it's cheaper, if you don't count how much money they make off you by showing you ads instead of not showing you any.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nyaa posted:

It’s very good with an interesting plot. Only one character have an upskirt shot on her ult. You can ignore the swimsuit dlc too.

K thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I don't mind horny in games, I just don't want creepy

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Abiotic Factor already goty for their main menu social media list mouse over text

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Dehumanize yourself and face to AdSense.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

It's been confirmed Sushi Ghost will require a PSN login if you want to play the online, which people will want to.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I was messing around with Battle Realms' skirmish mode and it's wild, all the little details in that game. Just about every unit has some sort of semi-hidden passive ability. For example Kabuki Warriors, will perform magic tricks that motivate your villagers, one of your heroes will throw booze around that'll let your units passively heal to max HP. There's another, evil hero who normally just shoots out these little spark orbs in combat, but if it also happens to be raining, he'll also summon damaging lightning strikes on nearby enemies. Then there's all the little graphical touches, like the way rice paddies slowly regrow, or the way a an enemy's bloody gibs will actually float up to the top if you kill them near water.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anti-Hero posted:

It's been confirmed Sushi Ghost will require a PSN login if you want to play the online, which people will want to.

I haven't followed the game too closely, what does online offer?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I didn't know they were making a new Ghost of Sashimi but apparently people really liked the first one

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I prefer Ghost of Nigiri.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

kazil posted:

I haven't followed the game too closely, what does online offer?

I've yet to play it but there is an entire coop mode.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

I was messing around with Battle Realms' skirmish mode and it's wild, all the little details in that game. Just about every unit has some sort of semi-hidden passive ability. For example Kabuki Warriors, will perform magic tricks that motivate your villagers, one of your heroes will throw booze around that'll let your units passively heal to max HP. There's another, evil hero who normally just shoots out these little spark orbs in combat, but if it also happens to be raining, he'll also summon damaging lightning strikes on nearby enemies. Then there's all the little graphical touches, like the way rice paddies slowly regrow, or the way a an enemy's bloody gibs will actually float up to the top if you kill them near water.

Battle Realms has just quietly been sitting there for twenty years as an incredibly cool RTS that absolutely nobody played.

If I could get a modern Battle Realms and a modern Warlords Battlecry I’d be very happy.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I got Battle Realms when it came out and have enjoyed it a ton over the years. I was surprised to learn of the Zen Edition on Steam. I'll have to pick it up sometime. I wonder if they made Dragon at least stand a chance against Lotus.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I think it's also the first game of theirs to integrate their trophy system which you will also need a PSN account for.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jimbot posted:

Yeah, I got Battle Realms when it came out and have enjoyed it a ton over the years. I was surprised to learn of the Zen Edition on Steam. I'll have to pick it up sometime. I wonder if they made Dragon at least stand a chance against Lotus.

Yeah, that's the one I played, which has been making balance and gameplay changes and is headed by the original BR lead, too. I've no plans to play the campaign anytime soon, but I remember it also had a novel way of picking your faction. In the first level, some villagers are being attacked by bandits, and if you fight the bandits you've got the Dragon campaign, if you slaughter the peasants, you're Serpent.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 3, 2024

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Siralim: oh hey, the opening story of the game has been rewritten to remove the piss, this is already better!

I'm a kickstarter backer and I put ten hours into this game on release, and now heck with it, I want something fun n' lightweight while I watch Farscape

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i dont remember any piss

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the opening was written in a really silly way when the game came out and some people were like "hey, maybe play it more straight for such an epic game?" so he rewrote it for the first patch, CENSORING his original artistic intent :gonk:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Velocity Raptor posted:

Nope. I tried to put a refund request earlier stating that I don't want to make a PSN account due to security concerns since PSN has been the target of multiple data breaches, with the most recent being 6 months ago.

I got back a form response of "You're past the 2 hour refund window, lol."

Let’s see what happens when Valve management gets back to work on Monday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Speaking of I've finally just gone full invisible with my steam friends status because the other night a friend asked why I was playing hitman while I was playing pubg with them and I didn't like that sensation

Did you have the launcher up? I do that all the time because and just never remember to close that stuff. My Steam usually shows me "playing" multiple games at once.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rusty posted:

I doubt it, the Steam page has had the 3rd party log in requirement listed since the game went on sale.

yeah but it wasn’t something people could experience in the refund window

I think we’re gonna see some stuff change on this next week

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Siralim: oh hey, the opening story of the game has been rewritten to remove the piss, this is already better!

I'm a kickstarter backer and I put ten hours into this game on release, and now heck with it, I want something fun n' lightweight while I watch Farscape

yesssssss join us

I bought it on my phone and it actually plays very well on a stupid tiny little phone screen

Bear in mind it uses its own cloud save system, not the Steam cloud, so back up your saves somewhere else IMO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Do people really use their actual information when they sign up for services? Why?

The region issue sucks and they should be raked over hot coals for that, but, like, just use a throwaway email and a fake name.