Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mags posted:

puke skywalker :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mags posted:

puke skywalker :smuggo:

puke starfucker

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

they checked joe biden's midichlorian count and the results will astound you

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

raisin kane posted:

use excessive force, luke

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

raisin kane posted:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

they want us to believe they care about Dobbs and abortion rights and they won't even get rid of Cuellar, lmfao they think we're morons

yeah, but Noem killed a puppy several years ago; checkmate, trump-lover!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This guy is such a slimy little worm

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

We have to give the Democratic Party the presidency, a supermajority in both houses of Congress and every state legislature, every governorship, and 20 or 30 years of SCOTUS appointments before we can begin to do anything even remotely Left.

Except that for some reason, when they're in a safe district, they run even further to the right.

I think the final seinfeld-throws-hands-and-leaves-theater moment for me was watching the democrat party & its enablers seamlessly switch from "the ACA is the first step toward single payer" to "maybe several decades from now something crappy like medicare advantage can be offered to under-65s" once sanders started making inroads among primary voters.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

I wonder who broke all that poo poo, the protestors or the cops who drove them out?

Well, there's also the fact that literally the only thing described as broken seems to be an undisclosed number of windows. The rest of "overturned chairs/tables" which...isn't even anything being broken.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm sure the cops definitely didn't break any of those windows when they were entering via the classrooms on the 2nd floor

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Property breaking is the most grievous of all crimes, says the lumpenprole whore.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

concerning the genocide scolding piece of poo poo hack thinks real protests are bad

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1786448837722190280

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

emerson is 538's top-rated pollster, lol.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

raisin kane posted:

fffffffff

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Get him, glenn

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Calling Biden a rat is pretty mean.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

among the 768 noem-killed-a-dog threads on DU, I found a link & approving discussion to this piece.

quote:

What I Saw at Columbia’s Demonstration

The protesters wear masks, avoid eye contact, and seem uninterested in engagement or progress.

Here is where a lot of minds rightly go when we think of the words “student demonstration”: Young people like to be part of something big and passionate. They want to be part of history. “Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, / But to be young was very heaven!” They want to care. It’s romantic to be a revolutionary and pleasurable to claim fierce commitments. It’s good to show you’re a force in the world, that you’ll march for the right and moral thing. Critical thinking isn’t your strong suit, emotion is. All this is part of it, certainly for the nice kids, and there are always nice kids.

However. A characteristic of these demonstrators was also a primary tactic: the covering of their faces, the hiding of their identities. This struck me as sinister. They see themselves as replicating the 1968 antiwar protests, but those protesters didn’t hide who they were, they didn’t wear masks. Students the past two weeks did, to make observers feel menaced—some big, faceless force is enraged, occupying, and marching toward you.

I was told when I went to the Columbia campus on Tuesday that the demonstrators wish not to be identified by school authorities and subject to discipline; that, as technological sophisticates, they wish to avoid facial-recognition software; that they wish not to limit their future prospects, including employment opportunities. All or some of that could be true, but I also think they do it to confer an air of menace, and because they are cowardly. They won’t stand where they stand and pay the price. But half of life is standing where you stand and paying the price. They see themselves as indignant, sincere and uniquely vulnerable. They looked to me more cosseted and indulged.

I was at Columbia hours before the police came in and liberated Hamilton Hall from its occupiers. Unlike protesters of the past, who were usually eager to share with others what they thought and why, these demonstrators would generally not speak or make eye contact with members of the press, or, as they say, “corporate media.”

I was on a bench taking notes as a group of young women, all in sunglasses, masks, and kaffiyehs, walked by. “Friends, please come say hello and tell me what you think,” I called. They marched past, not making eye contact, save one, a beautiful girl of about 20. “I’m not trained,” she said. Which is what they’re instructed to say to corporate-media representatives who will twist your words. “I’m barely trained, you’re safe,” I called, and she laughed and half-halted. But her friends gave her a look and she conformed.

Friends, come talk to me, peggy noonan, former reagan speechwriter. I am safe & will empathically share your words with my readers at the WSJ.

(Also, this isn't the first claim from the lib/gop I've read demanding that protestors take off their masks or risk being labeled terrorists. I guess it's on up there with "echoing terrorist rhetoric" as one of the markers for bad actors.)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fleetwood posted:

they checked joe biden's midichlorian count and the results will astound you

He actually refuses to take a midichlorian test but his aides insist that he hasn't "lost connection to the force" and is just as virile as ever

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Everyone is tired of disorder. Our culture, our politics, our flailing media world—everything seems chaotic, on the edge of something.

The Vietnam demonstrations came to a country at relative peace with itself and said: Wake up! The Hamas demonstrations come to a country that hasn’t been at peace with itself in a long time. It watched, and thought: More jarring hell from kids with blood in their eyes making demands.

The people of my liberal-left town were relieved to see the NYPD come in, drag the protesters away, restore order, and let people clean things up.

People want peacefulness. They want to go about their lives. It’s not too much to ask.

:hmmyes:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Nichael posted:

weird because my politics are stewie griffin politics

Is that what it’s called when you yell “drat you, vile woman!” every time you see a picture of Hillary Clinton?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

Everyone is tired of disorder. Our culture, our politics, our flailing media world—everything seems chaotic, on the edge of something.

The Vietnam demonstrations came to a country at relative peace with itself and said: Wake up! The Hamas demonstrations come to a country that hasn’t been at peace with itself in a long time. It watched, and thought: More jarring hell from kids with blood in their eyes making demands.

The people of my liberal-left town were relieved to see the NYPD come in, drag the protesters away, restore order, and let people clean things up.

People want peacefulness. They want to go about their lives. It’s not too much to ask.

:hmmyes:

(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Brunch)!

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
luke skywalker but he refuses to get in the x wing because while he disagrees with the empire, violence is never the answer

also he doesnt actually disagree with the empire because if you think anout it, they had to blow up that planet because the rebels were hiding among the population

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Biden has the exact same vacant, slumped over stare of many of the residents in the locked unit at my grandfather's retirement community.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
luke just shrugs at his dead relatives, turns in the robots to the authorities and enlists in the space IDF

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

So the nuance of gaza vs the imperialist land stealers did not dawn on Mark Hamill at all? I do wonder if all the college kids are more receptive to the situation in gaza thanks to the popularity of Dune right now.

anyways how are you guys doing? everyone glad its friday am i rite?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

There was that clip of the protest coverage from Japan that showed the police tossing the school furniture down the steps.

https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1785868199537586261

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Rip Testes posted:

There was that clip of the protest coverage from Japan that showed the police tossing the school furniture down the steps.

https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1785868199537586261

ah, but you see, japan is xenophobic. (the president said so.) so they must be allied with hamas

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

holy poo poo upside down chairs

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

now there's a name i haven't heard in a while

https://twitter.com/IolaElla/status/1786469279627374735

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Kids with blood in their eyes" yeah that'll loving happen when you shoot them in the head with rubber bullets

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

So the nuance of gaza vs the imperialist land stealers did not dawn on Mark Hamill at all? I do wonder if all the college kids are more receptive to the situation in gaza thanks to the popularity of Dune right now.

anyways how are you guys doing? everyone glad its friday am i rite?

He also did a bunch of stuff to help Ukrainian Neo-Nazis, so no, it probably didn’t.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol guy in the bad thread literally calling hamas savages

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The White House praised the actions of a group of University of North Carolina students who held up the American flag at a protest on campus over the war in Gaza.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4641989-karine-jean-pierre-unc-students-admirable-holding-up-american-flag-campus-protest/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Many of those statements are extremely wrong

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

EPIC MAY THE THIRD BE WITH YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Biden has the exact same vacant, slumped over stare of many of the residents in the locked unit at my grandfather's retirement community.

god drat i wish that was me