Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

Everyone is tired of disorder. Our culture, our politics, our flailing media world—everything seems chaotic, on the edge of something.

The Vietnam demonstrations came to a country at relative peace with itself and said: Wake up! The Hamas demonstrations come to a country that hasn’t been at peace with itself in a long time. It watched, and thought: More jarring hell from kids with blood in their eyes making demands.

The people of my liberal-left town were relieved to see the NYPD come in, drag the protesters away, restore order, and let people clean things up.

People want peacefulness. They want to go about their lives. It’s not too much to ask.

:hmmyes:

Now, let me take a big sip and look at MLK and Malcolm X's thoughts on liberals...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

so many stutterers in the federal government.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Lol there is literally a (sadly deleted but it’s on the DVD) scene in Star Wars where Mark Hammil discusses how the empire has annexed Tatooine and is driving people like him and his Uncle Owen off their land, And how this convinces his friend Biggs to join HamasThe Rebellion.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

comedyblissoption posted:

michael tracey [chud] adopts an electoral position against genocide [fat driving in his lovely car]

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1786429013390414091

jakkkobin

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Willa Rogers posted:

quote:

The protesters wear masks, avoid eye contact, and seem uninterested in engagement or progress.

maybe the police should try luring them out with fidget spinners

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

galagazombie posted:

Lol there is literally a (sadly deleted but it’s on the DVD) scene in Star Wars where Mark Hammil discusses how the empire has annexed Tatooine and is driving people like him and his Uncle Owen off their land, And how this convinces his friend Biggs to join HamasThe Rebellion.

I know star wars isn’t a hard sci fi kind of movie but it always cracks me up that the empire controlling a planet seems to be like 10 storm troopers wandering around

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

holefoods posted:

I know star wars isn’t a hard sci fi kind of movie but it always cracks me up that the empire controlling a planet seems to be like 10 storm troopers wandering around

It's a far-flung colonial outpost!!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lol "and it's clearing by police"

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol at what this implies about obamas presidency

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

So the nuance of gaza vs the imperialist land stealers did not dawn on Mark Hamill at all? I do wonder if all the college kids are more receptive to the situation in gaza thanks to the popularity of Dune right now.

anyways how are you guys doing? everyone glad its friday am i rite?

It’s sometimes overlooked but the skill set of making different faces while you read lines other people wrote doesn’t require much intellect and honestly is a skill set that makes it easier to hide a lack of intellect

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Vote Blue No Matter Who!"

*Votes for Cuellar who is anti-Democratic on 99.9% of platform, who then gets indicted for Azeribaijan bribery/money laundering*

"VOTE! *CLICK*"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/politico/status/1786492772913910175

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
star wars is overrated

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

orange man is bad op :confused:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hmm, big shocker:

quote:

As these hosts approached the task of poking fun at Trump, they moved from being comic mercenaries to understanding themselves as part of a media apparatus that had to stand up to the dangers of Trump. And as he’s loomed over the Biden era, they’ve pulled their punches on the new president, styling themselves as sentinels of the Trump resistance rather than stiletto-wielding stand-ups for whom anyone was fair game.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

About the 81-year-old president’s health, Kimmel said, “People act like the results of that physical are going to somehow influence who we vote for. I don’t care if he comes out of that office in an iron lung; I would be fully okay with a Weekend at Bernie’s-type White House situation if it means no Trump.”

eta:

Largely liberal late night audiences don’t want to hear about Biden’s stumbles — in fact, much of the audience finds that criticism somewhat offensive. They want to hear about Trump’s foibles instead. The programming largely reflects that.

“I would have said that late night comics were not scared of alienating their audience by going after Biden. But there was such pushback on Jon Stewart,” Fotis said. “I’m sure that’s partly in [writers’] minds, they don’t want to get yelled at.”

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 23:45 on May 3, 2024

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

They all saw what happened to Stewart when he merely pointed out that Biden is old as gently caress.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

We're getting a weekend at Bernie's situation after Trump dies on the toilet, making GBS threads out hamburgers, next year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Weekend at Bernie's as long as it's not actually Bernie, or they're all suddenly voting for trump (even though slurnie succs)

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

all of these talk show hosts live in California or NY

they aren't voting for Biden because they dislike Trump they love Biden and what he stands for (genocide)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

once upon a time the daily show aired a segment on vice president biden called the audacity of grope
https://www.cc.com/video/yfmksi/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-audacity-of-grope

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

comedyblissoption posted:

once upon a time the daily show aired a segment on vice president biden called the audacity of grope
https://www.cc.com/video/yfmksi/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-audacity-of-grope

Yeah but there wasn't a gosh dang CHEETO in the white house back then was there??? Do you love trump?????? Do you hate democracy????????????????????????????????

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

They all saw what happened to Stewart when he merely pointed out that Biden is old as gently caress.

being milquetoast is no longer enough, you have to be actively fawning and apologizing for the ghouls

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

hmm, big shocker:

You can't be funny when you're busily giving the establishment a sloppy BJ, not that any of these people were necessarily ever funny.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I would like to reiterate my belief that future younger Dems will be even worse than their geriatric predecessors, because growing up privileged in the context of an even more unequal age cohort will just drive them even more insane.

Concepts of implied "nobility" will start to become more and more common as they need to justify things.

Stancil is the future Libs want

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Everyone is tired of disorder. Our culture, our politics, our flailing media world—everything seems chaotic, on the edge of something.

The Vietnam demonstrations came to a country at relative peace with itself and said: Wake up! The Hamas demonstrations come to a country that hasn’t been at peace with itself in a long time. It watched, and thought: More jarring hell from kids with blood in their eyes making demands.

The people of my liberal-left town were relieved to see the NYPD come in, drag the protesters away, restore order, and let people clean things up.

People want peacefulness. They want to go about their lives. It’s not too much to ask.

They just want to grill.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

quote:

First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."
Just could not be any more loving on the nose.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the late 60s: a time in america best described as "a country at peace with itself"

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Horseshoe theory posted:

Property breaking is the most grievous of all crimes, says the lumpenprole whore.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the buildings? :ohdear:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Every Palestinian life glass panel in a door is precious!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fig 1: a monument to a country at peace with itself

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

the late 60s: a time in america best described as "a country at peace with itself"

lol

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

I think it is a disservice to history that Biden's loss will be blamed on something like becoming The Genocide President and not that he also sucked complete poo poo even before he started manning the ovens

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Bull Connor and Mayor Daley were beating/murdering minorities and anti-war folks (mostly) off-camera, hence no problem!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I think it is a disservice to history that Biden's loss will be blamed on something like becoming The Genocide President and not that he also sucked complete poo poo even before he started manning the ovens

I’m not sure it’ll be blamed for anything other than antisemitism/totalitarianism

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

If Kyle Rittenhouse killed protesters during the Biden admin instead of Trump he would be a blue maga hero.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

joepinetree posted:

If Kyle Rittenhouse killed protesters during the Biden admin instead of Trump he would be a blue maga hero.

Checks out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
when does biden start dropping j6 style charges

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
mark hamill has been a terf for a while too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its going to own when libs weakly try to get their own jan 6th going to "save democracy" but nobody is willing to break decorum and actually storm the Capitol