Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i reinstalled genshin to roll arlecchino and within 2 days i never wanted to play it again lol. the dailies man... i cant go back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
You can skip dailies now by doing open world and event stuff. I haven't had to do a single daily in the last three months.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No one does dailies outside of acheivement hunters these daya

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tae posted:

No one does dailies outside of acheivement hunters these daya

Eh there's been days where I just don't want to bother with any quests and slam dailies out in like five minutes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Getting those stupid loving mushrooms you have to slowly climb houses to get in Mondstat sucked so much in Genshin and I'm sure they've added even worse flowers since then.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Yep they’re called scarabs and they hid most of them where you can’t get to them

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Getting those stupid loving mushrooms you have to slowly climb houses to get in Mondstat sucked so much in Genshin and I'm sure they've added even worse flowers since then.

Man if only those mushrooms were as hard as it gets.

Gimme those mushrooms all loving day

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Man if only those mushrooms were as hard as it gets.

Gimme those mushrooms all loving day

Framing this post and putting it on my wall so I can look at it in case I ever get the urge to go back to Genshin.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I know it's hacky to comment on this point but the first time I got the option to restart quest progress instead of getting hit with the "this character/location is occupied" I was floored.

Star Rail seems less strict about that anyway. I've definitely had silly quantum(entanglement) states on the Space Station where Asta, Herta, and Arlan were in simultaneous places.

Edit: actually this is sorta canon to Herta.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm never going to put Sparkle in an energy rope again. I need to replace 16 points of speed just in her planar relics. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm never going to put Sparkle in an energy rope again. I need to replace 16 points of speed just in her planar relics. :(

Can't relate. :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

80 percent of people having Sparkle surprised me. but presumably she's better than Ruan Mei

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Depends on the comp, but between the two of them they are pretty universal.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I pulled for Sparkle due to the hype and have her at 162 speed with S rank gear as far as that site is concerned and she's never really hugely impressed me in practice, despite how good she is on paper. Her job has been mostly "fill in in whatever party Ruan Mei currently isn't in", and that role might be in danger if I end up grabbing Robin.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I pulled for Sparkle because she's an rear end in a top hat gremlin, and that's apparently my type in this game. She's done her job extremely well, and I'm happy to have her. I honestly think Robin would be the stronger support for my account, but I just find her to be very bland as a character.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Kanos posted:

I pulled for Sparkle due to the hype and have her at 162 speed with S rank gear as far as that site is concerned and she's never really hugely impressed me in practice, despite how good she is on paper. Her job has been mostly "fill in in whatever party Ruan Mei currently isn't in", and that role might be in danger if I end up grabbing Robin.

Are you running hyper carry teams because she’s amazing in literally all of them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

qbert posted:

Are you running hyper carry teams because she’s amazing in literally all of them.

I'm honestly tempted to try the silly Sparkle + Bronya combo with Jingliu just to see how dumb it can be.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

qbert posted:

Typically only Jingliu, and I already have a properly speedtuned E2 Bronya. My other primary teams are the Kafka/Swan team(where Ruan Mei lives) and team IPC(where Sparkle lives most of the time right now). I was hoping she'd catapult my mono-quantum QQ team to feeling as strong as those two do on my account, but it's never really impressed me despite having all the moving parts and solid(but not perfect) relics.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I pulled Sparkle because:
1.) She's cute
2.) She sucks rear end as a person
3.) She makes Qingque's numbers large
4.) She's cute

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
You need to believe in the heart of the tiles, and then your QQ will out-dps Jingliu.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Kanos posted:

Typically only Jingliu, and I already have a properly speedtuned E2 Bronya. My other primary teams are the Kafka/Swan team(where Ruan Mei lives) and team IPC(where Sparkle lives most of the time right now). I was hoping she'd catapult my mono-quantum QQ team to feeling as strong as those two do on my account, but it's never really impressed me despite having all the moving parts and solid(but not perfect) relics.

Fair enough. I use her with Acheron E2 and DHIL, where she's basically a superstar.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The mono Quantum dream really isn't that great, but Sparkle is still really good for Quinque. I actually think Jade will make a better support in mono Quantum against Quantum weak enemies.

For instance, mono Quantum sucks against Cocolia in the current MoC. But QQ with a follow-up support is really good there and does about as well as Team IPC.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Bad Video Games posted:

For instance, mono Quantum sucks against Cocolia in the current MoC

It's good actually, woulda used SW side A if I didn't need her for Acheron

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

:D

Edit: I don't have Xueyi built or Seele. Without a second attacker, it becomes difficult to proc the turbulence.

Is your Xueyi e6? How does she perform as a sub dps for Quinque?

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 4, 2024

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Sparkle is my new Jingliu's partner even though I now have e1 Bronya, because I don't have Bronya's LC and buying it would mean I couldn't go to pity for trying for Robin day one after going near broke for Jingliu.

Jingliu has kinda been a disappointment so far, but I suspect that just me putting her in very unfavorable situations: testing against MoC12 Sam (who I forgot isn't actually ice weak), and Conundrum 10 Remembrance (which is probably the worse path to try the Company Time strat on).

My real fear is now that Acheron is the new hotness, we're going to suddenly see Ice-weak MoCs vanish for the next six months.

librarerun fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 4, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

We have new Lightning, Physical, Fire, and Quantum DPSes in 2.1-2.3 so it's unlikely that MoCs are gonna continue to cater to Jingliu specifically, yeah.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The best place to flex your Jingliu is the bug EoW.

Remembrance Jingliu is "ok", I like Erudition more though. The issue with Remembrance on conundrum 10 is the bosses have too much frozen res even with the debuff, and you're sooo reliant on freezing to do damage. Going erudition with a dip into remembrance (and hunt, destruction, and Nihility) is more consistent for me.

Unlike Acheron, Jingliu *can* ult 4-5 times in a row on Erudition.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 4, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

We have new Lightning, Physical, Fire, and Quantum DPSes in 2.1-2.3 so it's unlikely that MoCs are gonna continue to cater to Jingliu specifically, yeah.

Unless there's another Quantum dps, I doubt much content will cater to Jade specifically. She's more of a follow-up support like Topaz.

And there may not be much content catering to Boothill either. His whole deal is that he can inflict Physical weakness. He doesn't really care what the enemy is weak to.

Fire, yeah. Sam's MoC is going to be rough.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Huh, new Echo of War will give different stuff:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

good I am loving sick of that cowboy set

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That sucks, the FUA set is universally less useful than Musketeer. Would've been better to use the DoT set so you get some good 2pcs going.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

To be fair everyone has Herta

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKw9IKd1QJA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

That sucks, the FUA set is universally less useful than Musketeer. Would've been better to use the DoT set so you get some good 2pcs going.
theres a good amount of followup characters in the game right now and 3/4ths of the bosses will still give musketeer. new players will still get a lot of random musketeer pieces and old players already have a lot. so variety's good.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
When it comes to SU Jingliu is actually queen of the destruction path. You know all those blessings that happen whenever you lose go hp? That's right! Jingliu now buffs the team with every attack.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol that was cute

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Jade and Firefly kits are leaked now. Jade looks like mega Herta and Firefly looks like what if Boothill really wanted to die.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Eej posted:

Jade and Firefly kits are leaked now. Jade looks like mega Herta and Firefly looks like what if Boothill really wanted to die.

Every single one of my brain cells is telling me to just wait and save my jades to guarantee Jade, because I just know the PF meta is going to revolve around her for six month after her release like MoC now revolves around Acheron.

but my heart won't let me pass up a chance at yet another limited harmony. alas

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Notably Firefly's Fire weakness implant is now moved to her Enhanced Skill, while her E1 makes her Enhanced Skill ignore 15% DEF and cost no SP. This is on top the max of 40% DEF ignore she gets from her base kit if she has 360% BE, and then there's the new relic set that makes you ignore 18% DEF at 250% BE.

Also while this isn't confirmed, her skill names make it sound like you're playing as Sam in battle before and after her Ultimate. Unless it's Firefly herself who somehow performs "Flare Propulsion" and "Aerial Bombardment".

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you look at the kit she has two sets of basic attack/skill, one that consumes HP and one that restores HP. however the kit refers to her as sam the whole time so iunno. we'll know when we see her animations.