Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Thanks, it was some kind of 'Top five/ten/whatever creepy things' video with spooky Unsolved Mysteries type music and an English guy narrating in a serious deadpan style. The list items were all ridiculous, but the narrator's delivery was great. I don't remember the details clearly sorry.

Was it this, or something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC3FhA3_DDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Even though the details didn't exactly line up, this is also what I thought the poster was referring to

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Would this be the right thread to ask for help finding half-remembered memes? Couldn't see anything suitable in the other forums. Sorry if I've got it wrong.
I hope so. Mines is a pic of Steve Wozniak with the caption “Big Mac Fan” underneath and I think of that image more times than I’m able to admit to myself.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.

Velocity Raptor posted:

Was it this, or something like this?

Not really sorry, it was closer in format to those old Chills videos. Each item was prefixed with a number in the same way (e.g. "Number eight: Ghost caught having sex with Toyota Corolla" or something). Possibly it was some clickbait channel, or a parody of clickbait, but the super-serious presentation and the ridiculous things this British dude had to say clashed wonderfully.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C1t2kgoOY8

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't take that phrase seriously of elon got ahold of it

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006

Platystemon posted:

This is the MENSA thread, right?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

That's right, Jar Jar.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Introverts may have been skewing the results. Realistically neither a random bear nor random man is out in the woods looking for trouble. But the random man is probably going to want to chat.
:yikes:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As usual, no one is asking the correct question: which do you think a bear would prefer to run into?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Facebook Aunt posted:

Introverts may have been skewing the results. Realistically neither a random bear nor random man is out in the woods looking for trouble. But the random man is probably going to want to chat.

I mean, bears have three primary methods of attack: their claws, their teeth, their size, and these have served them pretty reliably ever since they arrived on the scene millions of years ago

but men are thinking of new ways to main or kill pretty much daily... boggles the mind 🫨

mystes
May 31, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

I do not

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Spending time thinking of new ways to maim and kill suggests that you have not already conceived the optimal way to do it.

Which means that you are definitionally less threatening than you could be.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

A valid wedge issue is being used to partition, divide, corral, and neuter the brightest/most energetic privileged minds in the country so they're not able to affect anything during the mid-stretch of the election year and young people are anxious/green enough to fall for the bait because addressing domestic issues is too dangerous. Ironically this places them in line for serious domestic danger.

I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9AvbP4wAmw

ha ha memes

I don't know what you're talking about here really, but students mobilising against wars has historically always lead to the community building and solidarity between disparate groups that goes on to make broader, effectice demands for social transformation.

lol this reminds me of the separate, and also equally funny fact that 6% of men in the United States think they could beat a grizzly bear in a hand to hand fight. You can't help against that bear, sir.

https://i.imgur.com/LB2ShIa.mp4

this one is very funny because the prime minister of New Zealand looks like an egg and also once wore a hat just like that and he got mocked hard for it

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

.... this is amazing, its like just under an hour of concentrated shitpost. thankyou i love it.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

OwlFancier posted:

Spending time thinking of new ways to maim and kill suggests that you have not already conceived the optimal way to do it.

Which means that you are definitionally less threatening than you could be.

Ok see this is what the women are talking about

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe women should think more about the optimal way to kill. That way they wouldn't be afraid of either a bear or a man.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Okay, again, fellas. This is not getting you where you want to go here.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

madmatt112 posted:

Okay, again, fellas. This is not getting you where you want to go here.

Hmm? The goal is to get more white women going in to the woods and interacting with bears, yes?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Also mocking is its own reward.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's funny is bears are more afraid of women than they are of them.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

oldpainless posted:

As usual, no one is asking the correct question: which do you think a bear would prefer to run into?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Famous Finnish painter Juuso is seen here kissing his man.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Let us never forget Bart, the original Hollywood bear. If you saw someone getting their face torn off by a bear in a movie in the 80's or 90's. that was Bart. A consummate professional, Bart has gone on to a better place, probably physically annihilating, just obliterating, misguided people who venture into his woods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_the_Bear

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

voiceless anal fricative posted:

this one is very funny because the prime minister of New Zealand looks like an egg and also once wore a hat just like that and he got mocked hard for it

Unpopular opinion: I think the Indiana Jones hats look cool. The dweebs that gave them a bad name were almost universally wearing Trilbys not fedoras. You need that wide brim. It keeps off the sun and rain and is a very practical hat.

Big straw hats are also cool. UV kills.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

Facebook Aunt posted:

Unpopular opinion: I think the Indiana Jones hats look cool. The dweebs that gave them a bad name were almost universally wearing Trilbys not fedoras. You need that wide brim. It keeps off the sun and rain and is a very practical hat.

*Sigh*

Just another hatsplainer

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
How did we go from a hat-culture to a non-hat culture? Hat's used to be a default part of your wardrobe, you weren't dressed properly if you didn't have one. And now they're more of an affect, or for specific situations. What was the catalyst that made hats fade from ubiquitous to where we are today.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I wish there were more hat options, I burn super easy and need one. I basically just wear a beanie now cause most hats look stupid as gently caress.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
We figured out hair.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How did we go from a hat-culture to a non-hat culture? Hat's used to be a default part of your wardrobe, you weren't dressed properly if you didn't have one. And now they're more of an affect, or for specific situations. What was the catalyst that made hats fade from ubiquitous to where we are today.

I would guess the rise of indoor/office work. When most people aren't out working the fields or building houses, hats become less of a necessity in everyday life. I could be wrong, of course.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

We've got plenty of hat guys in NZ politics. The problem is that the one I posted above is a huge oval office. Wearing a hat can't improve that. Here's a much better one:

memes:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The first time a greasy nerd doffed his hat and said, "m'lady" the cringe backlash resonated through all of society instantaneously and everyone else took off their hats so as not to be associated with him

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

oldpainless posted:

Drugs.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Username/post

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

If a real woman met a bear in the forest she would disney princess that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZAy1MxKwU