Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Was about to say 32/19/9 is a good showing even if inefficient then realized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

temple posted:

we should give pat some grace because he got beat by a guy dressed like this

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1753199611349516508

First thing I thought of was Resident Evil 2 remake Tyrant

Embiid is obviously an amazing player but he's going to get hurt. I would kind of echo Zach Lowe and basically say you can't just run it back. You have to really minimize the amount he plays in a regular season. Forget the 65 game awards threshold. Just make the playoffs healthy. Obviously he came back from an injury this playoffs and wasn't 100 percent and that contributed but multiple times during this series he so obviously looked gassed. Are we to believe even if the sixers won this series he'd be healthy enough to make it through 2 more eastern conference rounds and then be ready for the finals? It seems unlikely.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 4, 2024

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Mean Baby posted:

The numbers being thrown around for the new tv deals are quite something. The cap could very well double in 5 years. It will break people's brains

CBA limits cap rises by 10% per year so it won't go up quite that fast. But yeah, it's going to rise by 10% every year for like eight years in a row. Will have an interesting impact on whether players still want to sign five year contracts or if they want to bet on themselves.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

soggybagel posted:

First thing I thought of was Resident Evil 2 remake Tyrant

Embiid is obviously an amazing player but he's going to get hurt. I would kind of echo Zach Lowe and basically say you can't just run it back. You have to really minimize the amount he plays in a regular season. Forget the 65 game awards threshold. Just make the playoffs healthy. Obviously he came back from an injury this playoffs and wasn't 100 percent and that contributed but multiple times during this series he so obviously looked gassed. Are we to believe even if the sixers won this series he'd be healthy enough to make it through 2 more eastern conference rounds and then be ready for the finals? It seems unlikely.

Embiid getting gassed in the 4th quarter of the playoffs is just normal for him. And even if you want to handwave that away to minor injuries that's just who he is, you can't expect him to not accumulate those playing as many minutes as he does in the playoffs.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Embiid is soft. No dog and he's not nice

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

havelock posted:

I'm taking that as a good omen.

Boban / Spacebump omen confirmed.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The Sixers should sit him the last month of the regular season and I am not kidding.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The idea of both luka doncic and jason kids seeing any success disgusts me. All Mavericks Must Be Imprisoned IMMEDIATELY!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

The idea of both luka doncic and jason kids seeing any success disgusts me. All Mavericks Must Be Imprisoned IMMEDIATELY!

Luka seems alright but yeah kidd just sucks rear end gently caress em

How my woofies fans doing? how you thinking about tomorrow?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Embiid is soft. No dog and he's not nice

Its true

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kingcobweb posted:

The Sixers should sit him the last month of the regular season and I am not kidding.

He'd have to make it there first.

Like honestly maybe it's sending him home from the IST to the all star would be a good plan.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1786621818021015924

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

:sickos:

the king makes his return to the golden land

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Luckily I think the odds of him being available are pretty low now.

E: also appears to be fake.

Rick fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 4, 2024

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hope the Lakers do a lot more "pondering"

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

God it feels good to finally get past the loathsome Clippers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

westbrick lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Garland a caveman IQ, why would you do this

https://streamable.com/48o89c

He wasn't even pressured, he purposely zig zagged for some reason?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Tae posted:

Is Garland a caveman IQ, why would you do this

https://streamable.com/48o89c

He wasn't even pressured, he purposely zig zagged for some reason?

it was dumb as hell lol but tbf they did start the shot clock early

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

God it feels good to finally get past the loathsome Clippers.

Yeah I think the better team made it through. It’s a bummer about Kawhi though, that matchup had potential to be amazing but it ended up being pretty lame.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Red Rox posted:

Yeah I think the better team made it through. It’s a bummer about Kawhi though, that matchup had potential to be amazing but it ended up being pretty lame.

Kawhi scares the hell out of me. It sucks that he was injured but if I had to watch another series of him just robotically draining jumper after jumper and being in every passing lane on defense I’d be pulling my hair out.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

This guy is such a loving dweeb

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1786440670263034351

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

What a deeply unserious second half by the Clippers holy poo poo

Thunder/Mavs and Nuggets/Wolves are gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEgdmTy0iI

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Cavs are determined to punch everyone who cheers for them in the balls.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

dokmo posted:

Cavs

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
cavs

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

dokmo posted:

usually gotta pay for that

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

fart simpson posted:

usually gotta pay for that

Draymond will do it for free

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Lol. I know he doesn’t necessarily have any say in when this kind of thing drops but one week after your deeply unserious playoff sweep doesn’t seem ideal

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I am free. Now I can watch the playoffs and enjoy myself. Good job Mavs, you have conquered your demons and must now face the exact opposite team in almost every way: young, fast, fun, and actual wants to win basketball games.

The Clippers remain the most predictable sports franchise in the United States. We all knew exactly what was going to happen and it happened exactly that way. Who knows what will happen next year, maybe PG will leave, maybe Kawhi will medically retire, maybe tickets to the new arena will cost too much for normal people like me, I don’t know, but here’s what I do know: I will be making the same post in 12 months.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

With the inevitable demise of the Los Angeles Clippers of Inglewood, the last old man team in contention, here are the only starters left in the playoffs over the age of 30:

jrue holiday (33)
al horford (a shocking 37)
pascal siakam (30, as of april 2nd, narrowly making the cut)
kcp (30)
rudy gobert (31)
mike conley (36)
kyrie irving (31)

The Knicks, the Cavs, and the Magic don't have any starters over 30.

And here's all of the remaining players left who are over 30:

alec burks
bojan boddanovic
james johnson
tj mcconnell
doug mcdermott
bismack biyombo
mike muscala
dwight powell
tim hardaway jr
maxi kleber
markieff morris
kyle anderson
tj warren
deandre jordan
reggie johnson
justin holiday
gordon hayward
tristian thompson
marcus morris sr
joe ingles

edit: man here's a shocking thing about the Clippers I'm stealing from reddit, next year:
Kawhi will turn 34
PG will turn 35
Harden will turn 36
Westbrook will turn 37
PJ Tucker will turn 40
and championship winning elite superstar Norman Powell will be 31

Best of luck Ballmer.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 4, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

piratepilates posted:

With the inevitable demise of the Los Angeles Clippers of Inglewood, the last old man team in contention, here are the only starters left in the playoffs over the age of 30:

jrue holiday (33)
al horford (a shocking 37)
pascal siakam (30, as of april 2nd, narrowly making the cut)
kcp (30)
rudy gobert (31)
mike conley (36)
kyrie irving (31)

The Knicks, the Cavs, and the Magic don't have any starters over 30.

And here's all of the remaining players left who are over 30:

alec burks
bojan boddanovic
james johnson
tj mcconnell
doug mcdermott
bismack biyombo
mike muscala
dwight powell
tim hardaway jr
maxi kleber
markieff morris
kyle anderson
tj warren
deandre jordan
reggie johnson
justin holiday
gordon hayward
tristian thompson
marcus morris sr
joe ingles

edit: man here's a shocking thing about the Clippers I'm stealing from reddit, next year:
Kawhi will turn 34
PG will turn 35
Harden will turn 36
Westbrook will turn 37
PJ Tucker will turn 40

Best of luck Ballmer.

kyle anderson is also the only chinese player left in the playoffs

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

IcePhoenix posted:

Embiid getting gassed in the 4th quarter of the playoffs is just normal for him. And even if you want to handwave that away to minor injuries that's just who he is, you can't expect him to not accumulate those playing as many minutes as he does in the playoffs.

He gets gassed regardless but in my mind you need the least amount of mileage possible while still making the playoffs in this game.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
How many all-star appearances have been eliminated from the playoffs so far and how many remain?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hoping the Magic win tomorrow, they give me Timberwolves East vibes for some reason

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1786817727820173575?s=46

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It feels good to get past the Clippers, and it feels good to make Balmer sad. No ill will to the rest of the clippers, they didn't have as big of a certified shithead on their team except for Russ and well...he played bad enough that I didn't care.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Geez. What a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

The comments on all the Call of Duty posts the last few days when they promote this are hilarious.