Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Reminds me of when Ghostwire added Denuvo months after release. I'd have been so mad. Seems like they removed it recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also started CrossCode and it seems I can't put dodge on space? Seems like this will take a bit getting used to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most games with denuvo remove it after a year or so. it stops being worth the cost after a certain point.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
was it Doom Eternal that accidentally uploaded 1.0 without denuvo and fixed it in an 0day patch but it was too late so it was immediately cracked?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Anything good in this one except lunacid?
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fungeon-crawlers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1786647638705602840?t=j_NR-9IsBeL_cEhf0rRsyA&s=19

Is it healthy for games to only target people who own thousand-dollar PCs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1786647638705602840?t=j_NR-9IsBeL_cEhf0rRsyA&s=19

the minimum is a 1070 which is basically a ps5, that's normal

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thousand dollar PC's? So they're targeting the low-spec machines then.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a 3080 is still a lot of money

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

Lunacid's probably the best one in there, it's great if you like the genre and does some cool and interesting things on its own rather than just aping its influences. Great music, too.

-Siralim is very into pokemon breeding supermath eugenics to make weird creatures and doesn't look great, but probably has enough depth if it hooks you to keep you going for a long time.
-Devil's Spire is a procgen king's field-ish game that I liked the demo of well enough but don't know if it would translate well into a full game - King's Field with less intentional level design doesn't feel like a concept that holds up for too long.
-Going Under is pretty short and easy but fun, I think it's from the Crab Souls guys. Makes fun of startups.

Haven't tried any of the others.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what are you doing? there are literally whole countries that are banned by PSN, for example Estonia

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cj3gez/because_people_ask_why_some_others_complain_about/

Estonia absolutely should be prevented from playing hd2 or accessing anything ever again

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Ban Estonia

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

what about stankonia?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i would simply lie and play the game. but im built different

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

i would simply lie and play the game. but im built different

Lie on the internet? :ohdear:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Communist Bear posted:

Lie on the internet? :ohdear:

It's so easy

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
but wrong

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what are you doing? there are literally whole countries that are banned by PSN, for example Estonia

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cj3gez/because_people_ask_why_some_others_complain_about/

Was gonna be all lol eat poo poo Baltic bog devils but PSN is straight up unavailable in evety single African country bar South Africa. What the heck

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Going both lol and hmm at the reddit post where the guy keeps saying 'even European countries are excluded' as if that's somehow worse though

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
some countries paid a blood price to join the EU and now they cant even have a psn account?! smh

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh poo poo! What should I write down?

it's not too bad, though there's one thing you really want to note down which is the numbers in the server rooms on each floor after you deal with them (and which floor they came from) there are a few bits that can be obtuse if you don't pay attention (e.g finding the proton frabulator in a closet in the corner of one level, then six hours later finding protons that need frabulatin' or w/e). Basically it just expects you to pay attention.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

crab souls combined anor londo archers and a poison swamp

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Third World Reagan posted:

Companies do not really listen to

Their discord
Their forums
Steam forums

Companies do some times listen to

Review scores

Players have one avenue of discussion with a company, and it is the one that can hurt sales
yeah HD2 devs are out there saying this straight up

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
so if the game shuts down due to collapse of the player base is that a win for gamers?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yes

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
fine

i was enjoying it but things were slowing down a bit with our group anyway. Sometimes we were going like 4 days without playing. Ah well. Onto the next thing.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Hellblade never felt like it really needed a sequel, but I hope it does well because the first game was pretty dope.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
fascist game sparks nationalist firestorm

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Played a ton of fortnite last night. Won a bunch and many kills. Ran into some megasweat lords. It was fun.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it's not going to shut down because of this lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Played a ton of fortnite last night. Won a bunch and many kills. Ran into some megasweat lords. It was fun.

did you kill Vader

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Going both lol and hmm at the reddit post where the guy keeps saying 'even European countries are excluded' as if that's somehow worse though

Might be in the sense that I'm not sure EU law really allows that. Wouldn't this sudden PSN account be a forced consent to some data processing that's not necessary? Idk, gdpr is weird.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Buck Wildman posted:

did you kill Vader

A few times. Npc and players. He is deadly. Had a team 3rd party us as we fought Vader, but they aggroed him and whoops! Get wiped shitlords

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

A few times. Npc and players. He is deadly. Had a team 3rd party us as we fought Vader, but they aggroed him and whoops! Get wiped shitlords

that's my boy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I find your lack of gank disturbing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

so if the game shuts down due to collapse of the player base is that a win for gamers?

if all of our gamer brothers and sisters aren't free (to play)
none of us are free (to play)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gank is old moba term. Young kids use different term for "showing up to be a menace"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Gank is old moba term. Young kids use different term for "showing up to be a menace"

that's weird as hell and I don't accept it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
More Fallout 3 today:

When we last left off, Bryan Wilks, a small kid, came up to me and asked for help with his dad, who was being attacked by some indescribable monsters in the town of Grayditch. I agree to help him, and mosey on over.

What I find to be the monsters are ants. Giant ants. Giant FIRE ants, that quite literally cast gouts of fire. I dispatch maybe a half-dozen getting to the Wilks household, but unfortunately Bryan's father didn't make it. I inform the lad of his dad's demise, and he asks me to take care of the rest of them.

Agreeing to avenge Wilks Sr., I scout around Grayditch, stalking and killing another half-dozen fire ants, before finding the Marigold Subway Station - ants come from tunnels, I figure, as I go straight inside.

Sure enough, it's infested with the drat things, and it's a good old-fashioned dungeon-delve as I explore the underground and start slaying man-sized insectoids left and right. About halfway through my exploration, I realize that I'm burning through ammo and healing items at a pretty good clip, and I start being more thoughtful with how I engage, particularly in terms of using the Fire Ant Nectar to give myself fire resistance.

Eventually I run into Doctor Lesko, who was apparently doing some kind of experimentation with the ants, and inadvertently mutated them to give them the fire-breathing ability while trying to make them smaller. I'm upset enough to consider just shooting this rear end in a top hat for being so irresponsible with science, but he's also apparently the only guy who knows how to reverse the process, so I agree to his plan to enter the lair of the ant queen and kill the queen's guardians (but not the queen!) so that he can activate Some Gizmo that's supposed to make all the ants freak out and kill each other, solving this whole infestation problem.

The ant guardians are a cut above even the fire ant soldiers that I was already having trouble fighting, and it takes just about everything I've got to finish the quest: I burn through all of my 10mm ammo, all of my 5.56 ammo, most of my shotgun shells, something like 150 energy cells (out of 180) from firing the laser pistol, all of the Nuka Cola and Purified Water I've collected so far, all but two of my seven Stimpaks, and I end up getting addicted to Buffout (after also stacking Jet, Med-X, and Psycho).

I do eventually kill the last ant guardian, and Doctor Lesko gives my a permanent +1 Perception and fire resistance for my trouble, on top of fulfilling Bryan's wish. The kid needs a new place to stay, but I think that's going to have to wait for a while.

I'm going to have to rebuild my inventory - I still have a bunch of loot stashed from the Super Duper Mart, and at least one trip's worth of stuff from Marigold Station - I hope that's enough to restock on ammo and repair my gear.

I'm loving it: clearing out the subway was a tense, just-difficult-enough challenge where I had to pull out all the stops to really push it. I could have bailed-out halfway through and come back loaded for bear, but the price for my impatience was... all of this. And now there's a new goal for me to pursue immediately after, and it's completely organic to my gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh neat, I'm coincidentally also replaying Fallout 3 for like the first time in a decade. Only I went for an unarmed build and I maxxed out unarmed + sneak early on so I'm finding that I can just crawl up behind people and instantly gib them with my fist. Turns out that 99% of the loot in the game is completely worthless when you play like this.

e: When I did the ant quest I did it the way the scientist wanted, got the unique perk, then followed him down into the cave and killed both the queen ant and him because gently caress him and gently caress his ants. The queen ant glitched up into the ceiling and started floating towards heaven when I first hit her but I killed her before she fully ascended.

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 16:41 on May 4, 2024