Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

is there not plastic in your tp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

kater posted:

is there not plastic in your tp?

probably, and, also probably in the rolls. but no extra added shiny inked covering, anyway

also the cotton balls I use are actual 100% organic cotton no additives etc and I sorta also doubt that is the case with these

just the little pointless reminders of how hosed everything is

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
There's also PFAS in your toilet paper.

:blessed:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I want to get off Mr. Butt's plastic ride

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I live in a tick infested hell home

Have you tried not living where the ticks have obviously won?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Crazypoops posted:

Have you tried not living where the ticks have obviously won?

war

war never changes

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Cabbages and Kings posted:

war

war never changes

Oh cool. The nightmare imagery I’d forgotten for thirty years is back. Nice.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

https://youtu.be/hO-6x7waPNY?si=Jomes-2h6lU2AS7P

Summary: lol, lmao

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Top comment:

quote:

We are soo going extinct 😅

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I do not say this lightly:

Climate change is an Avengers level threat

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

smoobles posted:

Magneto changing the climate by fiddling with the magnetic field of the earth unchecked just shows that the mutant menace must be addressed at the highest possible levels, not simply left in the hands of other mutants with x's on their spandex.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

God Hole posted:

this is making me think of the Pale in Disco Elysium

why's Hunter Biden doing your mom??

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

smoobles posted:

Finally someone talking about it in a way that I can relate to and understand

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

doing a thanos snap to reduce the petri dish population to one day before the final doubling

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Hubbert posted:

doing a thanos snap to reduce the petri dish population to one day before the final doubling

Love that galactic Grimace also didn’t get exponential growth.

Not just a human failing.

*punches overshoot into submissive*

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Zodium posted:

dune ftw

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfyx2FIJtM4

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

smoobles posted:

When you phrase it this way i definitely think we should all just die if it gives us fewer of those movies

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Just thinking about all the electricity used to transfer mobile game ads to phones. Shits hosed

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

SixteenShells posted:

Just thinking about all the electricity used to transfer mobile game ads to phones. Shits hosed

this kind of hyper-inane stuff is one of the clearest signs of all of how hosed we are. no one has even a 1% understanding of the true scope and scale of the problem and so they're left to weaponize their own anxiety against themselves and others with absolutely idiotic poo poo like "mobile phone game ads electricity".

like in a perverse way this makes you kindof a victim on a mental level.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
A true accelerationist :justpost:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

MightyBigMinus posted:

this kind of hyper-inane stuff is one of the clearest signs of all of how hosed we are. no one has even a 1% understanding of the true scope and scale of the problem and so they're left to weaponize their own anxiety against themselves and others with absolutely idiotic poo poo like "mobile phone game ads electricity".

like in a perverse way this makes you kindof a victim on a mental level.
'take the stairs, elevators use electricity'

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I'm not like, making myself insane worrying about avoiding mobile game ads because I think if I just avoid one more ad, the climate is saved. That's absurd. If I cared about that I'd smash my phone with a hammer. I'm still playing games that serve ads, still using my phone and computer.

I guess my broader point was just that we spend so much energy on absolutely pointless things. There is never a step where we, as humans, say "is this a worthwhile use of energy." Even if not doing a thing is pointless from the perspective of climate change, that doesn't make it suddenly worth doing the thing.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

SixteenShells posted:

I'm not like, making myself insane worrying about avoiding mobile game ads because I think if I just avoid one more ad, the climate is saved. That's absurd. If I cared about that I'd smash my phone with a hammer. I'm still playing games that serve ads, still using my phone and computer.

I guess my broader point was just that we spend so much energy on absolutely pointless things. There is never a step where we, as humans, say "is this a worthwhile use of energy." Even if not doing a thing is pointless from the perspective of climate change, that doesn't make it suddenly worth doing the thing.

we have know how to grow weed, fish and gently caress for a very long time. everything after that is kinda a waste of energy.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Its really good to have at least one example of a totally useless waste of energy. Something where you know you have complete understanding of the issue. For me that is billboard trucks they pay to drive in circles around college cawpuses.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I'm not like, making myself insane worrying about avoiding loving because I think if I just avoid one more baby, the climate is saved. That's absurd. If I cared about that I'd smash my genitals with a hammer.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Ah wait poo poo

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
imo it's cool and good to keep calling out all the dumb little pointless ways we waste energy to make number go up

much like my posts

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
When it comes to "biggest wastes of energy" the first one that comes to mind is all those empty planes flying around during covid just to keep their airport spots

At least people racing cars and going on cruises are having fun.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Another one that I see a lot (on holiday in tenerife) is huge apartment complexes built with concrete and then abandoned and left to rot because the developer went bankrupt during some property market slump

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Salt Fish posted:

Its really good to have at least one example of a totally useless waste of energy.

Golf courses.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

my favorite eh whatever bit of trivia is it taking five hours of streaming music for it to be less energy efficient than having a cd.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

kater posted:

my favorite eh whatever bit of trivia is it taking five hours of streaming music for it to be less energy efficient than having a cd.

that seems like a small number, just makes it funnier how bulky websites/ads/video/llms are

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

https://youtu.be/_4PJpyLycno?si=nYuw8BtdeDvatIij

But obviously Windham here is the global energy system and the bugs are entropy.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

no lube so what posted:

we have know how to grow weed, fish and gently caress for a very long time. everything after that is kinda a waste of energy.

i can grow weed and i can grow fish but how in the world do i grow gently caress???

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Its really good to have at least one example of a totally useless waste of energy. Something where you know you have complete understanding of the issue. For me that is billboard trucks they pay to drive in circles around college cawpuses.

Yes, my monitor is on!

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 19:07 on May 4, 2024

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

junk mail

it's not even a new thing, the rot was there from the beginning

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

A new study that looked at nearly 40 million flights in 2019 was able to calculate the greenhouse gas emissions from air travel for nearly every country on the planet. At 911 million tonnes, the total emissions from aviation are 50 per cent higher the 604 million tonnes reported to the United Nations for that year.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Scarabrae posted:

A new study that looked at nearly 40 million flights in 2019 was able to calculate the greenhouse gas emissions from air travel for nearly every country on the planet. At 911 million tonnes, the total emissions from aviation are 50 per cent higher the 604 million tonnes reported to the United Nations for that year.

Weird.

At least we can all rest easy knowing that the self reported carbon figures for national emissions per country also weren't found to be undercounting by as much as 25%.

Hold on I'm getting a phone call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

blatman posted:

i can grow weed and i can grow fish but how in the world do i grow gently caress???

just rub it and it will grow