Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

fun thing: There is a sad dog plushie ego gift that among other useful things, gives 3 paralyze at turn start to minus-coin sinners. Perfect for Sadcliffe. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

fun thing: There is a sad dog plushie ego gift that among other useful things, gives 3 paralyze at turn start to minus-coin sinners. Perfect for Sadcliffe. :allears:

there's a sinking ego gift specifically for him that locks him at -15 or lower SP, the sunshower heathcliff push continues

posadas posted:

Is this specifically due to the inflated health pools in hard? I've done 3 normal runs with Blade Lineage, Bleed, and Burn, and I was able to take out a lot of Railway bosses I ran into without engaging with their mechanics. Normal is easy enough to mostly winrate through it, but I feel like I'm just flailing around, and don't have a cohesive gameplan other than picking my starting team

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the larger EGO gift pool and the fusion changes; it's annoying to get to the end of a floor and find out that the end-of-floor gift you picked the pack for is attached to a bad enemy buff, and with keyword-based fusion, the vast majority of my ego gifts end up being useless for anything except for the extra point of starlight you get at the end of the run. I know they're planning on fixing the latter, at least, but I wonder how long it will take for balance updates to roll out

A large part of it is that bosses live long enough to force you to engage with their mechanics yeah. This can very from still easy to devastating.

Kim in particular now requires you to time your burst damage properly during his stagger because he will not let you have another one.

For Hard the gameplan is generally minimizing enemy base/final/clash power gains(offense level is fine unless it's like +9 or whatever), gaining gifts that help your status and building up a ludicrous resource stockpile because 90% of the time the final floor loves making you choose between "enemy now effortlessly wins all clashes" and "enemy is now functionally immortal" bonuses and it's real EGO hours as a result

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 4, 2024

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

Must be my fault for using a tremor team, then, since it staggered really early thanks to ego gifts shooting it straight to 99 tremor.

And also because the Tremor team is kinda poo poo. Rosespanner Rodion is terribad. Pls give her a good ID, Project Moon.

I fought it with a Tremor team voluntarily and it was fine. If you get it as a floor boss, that's on your pack selection, but the event gives you Nixie Divergence and also a second thing if you fight it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AweStriker posted:

I fought it with a Tremor team voluntarily and it was fine. If you get it as a floor boss, that's on your pack selection, but the event gives you Nixie Divergence and also a second thing if you fight it.

The event versions are way toned down compared to their boss selves, from what i've seen

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Okay, after running into Jun at random on a "To Be Pierced" elite node with no way to beat him thanks to prior encounters, I am significantly cooler on the mirror dungeon.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Pierce focused floor 5 theme pack (I think Pierce & Penetrate, or something like that?). All regular encounter: A Pequod Town gang where each enemy rolls 20+ for clashes on average , has 300+ HP and easily does 100+ damage on lost clash. All focused encounters: A bunch of crabs with 90 HP and sub 10 clash rolling.

I mean, Im not complaining, but ????????

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
My very simple strategy for Mirror dungeon whatever my gimmick is still

1. Conserve Ego usage points until last floor, only using if really really needed
2. Get the Funny Coin no matter what
3. Last floor use AOE Ego in every single encounter and at boss every sinner unleashes any and every ego they have

Taking any clash less than Dominating runs far too heavy a risk of a sinner eating poo poo and straight up dying by the final floor enemies.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Finally catching up on Heathcliff Canto and lol at the music when you start fighting the Oufi troops in the lab being a Ruina song remixed. I'm not sure what it means but it was cool when I realized it.

also the background to the stage select is *very* good

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
*squints*

okay i don't like 6-29, this pointillist guy sucks

welcome back Kong Lu, your job is as always to not die

e: okay, that worked. Kong Lu isn't the uniformly best ID but by god he has a job and he does it

e2: :catstare:

e3: i'm not sure exactly when it happened but there's a unique bodysack line i just noticed in 41: I have to meet Catherine. Everything that stands in my way will...

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 4, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Goatse James Bond posted:

*squints*

okay i don't like 6-29, this pointillist guy sucks

welcome back Kong Lu, your job is as always to not die

e: okay, that worked. Kong Lu isn't the uniformly best ID but by god he has a job and he does it

e2: :catstare:

e3: i'm not sure exactly when it happened but there's a unique bodysack line i just noticed in 41: I have to meet Catherine. Everything that stands in my way will...
I really like that PM has started changing base EGO lines to reflect the current mindset and goals of the Sinners.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So I just started Limbus earlier this week. I've made some progress, just made it to Canto 3 last night.

I managed to get lucky and pulled the new Dawn Office Sinclair. Also ended up getting One who Grips Faust and Captain Ishmael, so I've been focused on building those three cause they appear good.

I also heard Base Yi Sang and Hong Lu were good for the new Sinclair, so been raising them as well.

Any advice? I imagine I'm gonna hit a wall at some point.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

wokow6 posted:

So I just started Limbus earlier this week. I've made some progress, just made it to Canto 3 last night.

I managed to get lucky and pulled the new Dawn Office Sinclair. Also ended up getting One who Grips Faust and Captain Ishmael, so I've been focused on building those three cause they appear good.

I also heard Base Yi Sang and Hong Lu were good for the new Sinclair, so been raising them as well.

For what it's worth, base Hong Lu and Yi Sang are helpful for Philclair when they're on the bench, rather than in the field.

So you don't need to prioritize them over other units you might want to deploy. Aside from the three you have, who else do you have on call?

Also, remember to uptie your units to at least tier 3! Some units will like uptie 4 a lot more than others, but if you're putting anyone on the field, uptie 3 is a must.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

wokow6 posted:

Specifically it's their support passives that are good, not their actual kits. Which means they're better sitting on the bench than being in your active party. Don't bother, they'll get to uptie 3 automatically IIRC.

With Dawn Office Sinclair, your aim should be to build a burn team. Captain Ish is very good, so you'll want Liu Rodion and Liu Ryoshu to go with Ish and Sinclair.

Also dispense Hook Office Hong Lu as soon as you get 150 Hongle shards, he's the best 00 IDs in the game and will only be available during Walpurgisnacht events like this one.

Gimme a few minutes though and I'll come up with a list of really good IDs for each character you should be aiming for.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Other IDs I've gotten:

Seven Assoc Yi Sang
Dieci Assoc Yi Sang
Lobotomy Corp Faust
N Corp Don
Seven Assoc Ryoshu
LCCB Ryoshu
Kurokumo Ryoshu
N Corp Meursalt
W Corp L2 Hong Lu
Dieci Assoc Hong LU
Shi Heath
N Heath
Sunshower Heath
LCCB Rodion
N Rodion
Mariachi Sinclair
Lobotomy Red Sheet Sinclair
Zwei Sinclair
G Corp Outis
BL Outis
Cinq Outis
Rosespanner Greg
G Manager Greg

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The thing that gets me about Rosespanner Rodya every time is the fact that they built her kit wrong as a joke.

Her S2 requires charge to be spent. Her S1 does not make enough to fuel it, but you have her S3 which makes six charge. EXCEPT if you have her passive active (and it's owned not resonance so lmao), it spends said charge instantly on her S3's tremor bursts, giving you zero charge.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

wokow6 posted:

Other IDs I've gotten:

Dieci Assoc Yi Sang
Lobotomy Corp Faust
Seven Assoc Ryoshu
Dieci Assoc Hong LU
Cinq Outis

Here are the good ones on the list, with the ones in bold being imo standouts. Lobcorp Faust has an S3 that rolls over 20 and fuels the all-important Fluid Sac EGO, while Deici Assoc is probably the best overall ID in the game if you know how to use him right? That is, you discard his yellow skill then turn on all his evades (so he can't discard anything and keeps 3 insight) and just use his top skills. Discard's a bit tricky so here's a quick video guide on it.

Here's a quick and very non-comprehensive list of every ID in the game I consider good. High priority in bold, noteworthy EGO also mentioned.

Yi Sang: Blade Lineage Salsu if you have Blade Lineage Meursault
EGO: Sunshower

Faust: 000 7 Association, 00 Lobotomy Corp
EGO: FLUID SAC HOLY poo poo GET IT ASAP

Don Quixote: 000 W Corp, 00 Blade Lineage (not available until S5)
EGO: Telepole but only if you're using W Corp.

Ryoshu: 000 W Corp, 000 Chief Butler, 00 Liu Association
EGO: Fourth Match Flame, Uptie IV Forest for the Flames

Meursault: 000 R Corp, 000 Blade Lineage (not available until S5)
EGO: REGRET ITS ONLY HERE FOR WALPURGIS AND IT MAKES MEURSAULT GO SUPER SAIYAN, Pursuance

Hong Lu: 000 Deici Assoc, 00 Hook Office, all of them in general
EGO: His base is fine

Heathcliff: 000 R Corp, 000 Oufi, 000 Pequod (not available until S5), 00 7 Association
EGO: AEDD is really good, Ya Sunyata is excellent for SP healing

Ishmael: 000 R Corp, 000 Molar Office, 000 Captain Ishmael, 000 Liu Association, 00 Edgar Butler, 00 LCCB
EGO: Blind Obsession, Ardor Blossom Star

Rodion: 000 Liu Assoc
EGO: Rime Shank if you're running Sinking, Pursuance

Sinclair: 000 The One Who Shall Grip, 000 Cinq Association, 000 Dawn Office, 00 Lobotomy EGO (rupture team ONLY)
EGO: Lantern I guess

Outis: 000 Wuthering Heights, 000 Molar Office, 00 Cinq Association
EGO: Sunshower, Ebony Stem

Gregor: 000 Pirate, 000 Edgar Family, 00 Kurokumo Clan
EGO: Legedermain I guess, Greg's kinda bad at the moment

Edit: I'll note that this is just what gives you good clash numbers and good damage agnostic of status archetypes. If I'm building for specific status teams this list would include most IDs in the game - notably Spicebrush Yi Sang isn't on this list because he's only good on a sinking team and bad outside of it, for example.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 4, 2024

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The thing that gets me about Rosespanner Rodya every time is the fact that they built her kit wrong as a joke.

Her S2 requires charge to be spent. Her S1 does not make enough to fuel it, but you have her S3 which makes six charge. EXCEPT if you have her passive active (and it's owned not resonance so lmao), it spends said charge instantly on her S3's tremor bursts, giving you zero charge.
What do you mean her S1 doesn't make enough to fuel her S2? Her s1 gives her +4 on the first coin hit, +2 on use at u4, and her s2 only needs 3 to activate. And as best as I can determine, that's always been the case.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah the main issue with Rose Rodya is that she needs to use her S1 every time she wants to S2, which sucks since S1s should be her lowest priority. And also her S2 rolls like, 12. Which is dumb.

If I were to redesign her, I'd give her S2 coin reuse effect to her S1, make her S3 stop eating the charge it generates for no loving reason, and make her S2 her main charge generation skill and give it actually good numbers.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Are there any good videos or websites that explain game mechanics and progression in Limbus Company? Basic dos and don'ts? Started playing today and it's a tad overwhelming.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Cheap Trick posted:

Are there any good videos or websites that explain game mechanics and progression in Limbus Company? Basic dos and don'ts? Started playing today and it's a tad overwhelming.
There are!

A Better Tutorial for Limbus Company - ESGOO (beginner guide for the start of the game)

A Better(er) Tutorial for Limbus Company - ESGOO (intermediate tutorial for when you're around Canto 3 and have a feel for the game.)

ESGOO's channel in general, where he goes in-depth on specific IDs and archetypes.

For general tips...

You'll want to do your MD4 runs every week to get BP points. Also buy the battle pass every season since it's phenomenal value. You won't need to roll the gacha at all outside of Walpurgis with the battlepass since you can afford to just outright buy everything as it comes out.

You'll want to get Fluid Sac and either 7 or L Corp Faust with your yellow shard boxes first thing (7 is better L is cheaper), which will carry you through the game with sheer force of healing and AoE damage.

Deici Hong Lu is SSS tier for beginners, make him even better by giving him two action slots in focused/boss encounters by bringing one less unit than you're able to. Here is a quick showcase on how to use him.

After you've got that sorted out, if you don't have one yet then get one of the three uber powerful Sinclair IDs - Cinq, Grip or Dawn Office.

Maid Ryoshu is also really good.

You'll really want a tank ID for later, harder fights. Pequod Heathcliff and K Corp Hong Lu are the two best in the game, with K Corp being easier to use (and easier to get since Pequodcliff isn't in the dispenser yet).

I posted a big list of good general-use IDs and Ego a bit up thread.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I actually wonder how long it would take for a new player to shard everything like the old guard does. There is a significant backlog of IDs and EGO by this point.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

RandomReader posted:

What do you mean her S1 doesn't make enough to fuel her S2? Her s1 gives her +4 on the first coin hit, +2 on use at u4, and her s2 only needs 3 to activate. And as best as I can determine, that's always been the case.

Okay admittedly I forgot about the UT4 upgrade, haven't used her in ages. but you have to actually hit with her 4-10 S1 to get the charge to actually reuse her S2. It ain't great!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GilliamYaeger posted:

There are!

A Better Tutorial for Limbus Company - ESGOO (beginner guide for the start of the game)

A Better(er) Tutorial for Limbus Company - ESGOO (intermediate tutorial for when you're around Canto 3 and have a feel for the game.)

ESGOO's channel in general, where he goes in-depth on specific IDs and archetypes.

For general tips...

You'll want to do your MD4 runs every week to get BP points. Also buy the battle pass every season since it's phenomenal value. You won't need to roll the gacha at all outside of Walpurgis with the battlepass since you can afford to just outright buy everything as it comes out.

You'll want to get Fluid Sac and either 7 or L Corp Faust with your yellow shard boxes first thing (7 is better L is cheaper), which will carry you through the game with sheer force of healing and AoE damage.

Deici Hong Lu is SSS tier for beginners, make him even better by giving him two action slots in focused/boss encounters by bringing one less unit than you're able to. Here is a quick showcase on how to use him.

After you've got that sorted out, if you don't have one yet then get one of the three uber powerful Sinclair IDs - Cinq, Grip or Dawn Office.

Maid Ryoshu is also really good.

You'll really want a tank ID for later, harder fights. Pequod Heathcliff and K Corp Hong Lu are the two best in the game, with K Corp being easier to use (and easier to get since Pequodcliff isn't in the dispenser yet).

I posted a big list of good general-use IDs and Ego a bit up thread.

Thank you, I'll check all these out! I actually just now stumbled onto the first video you linked when I punched "Limbus Company" into the Youtube search bar.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cheap Trick posted:

It really is. I couldn't get into the game until I made a spreadsheet with every ID I own and their state.

Y'all can just go to https://limbus.kusoge.xyz/ instead.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I do kinda wish someone made an updated list of "units/EGO to prioritize UT4'ing". Even if the answer is probably "any modern ID/EGO" there'd still be a cost/benefit difference among them.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

wokow6 posted:

Other IDs I've gotten:

Seven Assoc Yi Sang
Dieci Assoc Yi Sang
Lobotomy Corp Faust
N Corp Don
Seven Assoc Ryoshu
LCCB Ryoshu
Kurokumo Ryoshu
N Corp Meursalt
W Corp L2 Hong Lu
Dieci Assoc Hong LU
Shi Heath
N Heath
Sunshower Heath
LCCB Rodion
N Rodion
Mariachi Sinclair
Zwei Sinclair
G Corp Outis
BL Outis
Cinq Outis
Rosespanner Greg
G Manager Greg
You've got some good pulls there. Lobotomy Corp Faust does best on a team built around poise, but she clashes well and gives useful debuffs to the enemy, so she's one I always keep at max level to tag in whenever. Sunshower Heathcliff has the potential to hit like a goddamn truck if you set him up right, but since he's a negative sp sinner that can be tricky, and I've only started to use him around Canto 6. You've got a good amount of Nagel und Hammer IDs, and aside from Rodya they all tend to buff each other, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to push them up together. Deici Hong Lu is going to hit hard consistently, so he's another guy you can swap around as needed.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I do kinda wish someone made an updated list of "units/EGO to prioritize UT4'ing". Even if the answer is probably "any modern ID/EGO" there'd still be a cost/benefit difference among them.

Generally, I'd prioritize IDs that need better resource economy (Charge) or have conditional coin power. Outside a few stand-out EGOs that go wild at UT4 (Rime Shank, Faust Fluid Sac, etc.), most of them are luxury and I'd save them for after IDs.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

You actually want to reserve the early UT4s for the old IDs that were bad and got massive buffs.

Basically every W Corp ID for one. Also dear god UT4 Faust's Fluid Sac.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
If we're doing teambuilding advice, I started last week and pulled a lot of good stuff. Made it to mid-Canto 3.5.

Yi Sang: Pequod First Mate (00), Dimension Shredder EGO.
Faust: Seven Assoc. South Section 4 (000)
Don Quixote: N Corp Mittelhammer (00), Shi Assoc. South Section 5 Director (00)
Ryoshu: LCCB Assistant Manager (00), Edgar Family Chief Butler (000)
Meursault: The Middle Little Brother (00)
Hong Lu: Kurokumo Clan Wakashu (00), W Corp. L2 Cleanup Agent (00)
Heathcliff: Seven Assoc. South Section 4 (00), The Pequod Harpooneer (000)
Ishmael: Shi Assoc. South Section 5 (00), Lobotomy Ego: Sloshing (00), Edgar Family Butler (00)
Rodion: Sanguine Desire EGO
Sinclair: Dawn Office Fixer (000), Zwei Assoc. South Section 6 (00)
Outis: G Corp. Head Manager (00)
Gregor: Liu Assoc. South Section 6

What I've been doing so far is running Yi Sang and Heathcliff with their Pequod IDs, Kuro Hong Lu for more bleed, and the 2 butler IDs because I didnt know what else to do. Are any of these IDs especially high priority to Uptie to level 3? I've gotten all the ones I use to Uptie 2. I'm open for some team recommendations too.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Jeez I thought I was going to have to get pity with dual EGO this Walpurgi but got lucky and got Rodion's EGO at around 165 rolls in, being the last thing I needed from this one.

rip the announcers I guess

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I'm the sucker who's got up to 170 pulls but I'm not sure I can squeak to 200 to pity buy Rodya unless I dip into my paid lunacy more than just the daily draw. Which... I guess is what it's there for, but still!

Edit: to be fair I've also pulled some non-event ego, I got wax Sinclair pretty early, I got Malkuth, and the entire reason I wanted to splurge all my savings was to refill shards. But still!

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 4, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tricky posted:

Generally, I'd prioritize IDs that need better resource economy (Charge) or have conditional coin power. Outside a few stand-out EGOs that go wild at UT4 (Rime Shank, Faust Fluid Sac, etc.), most of them are luxury and I'd save them for after IDs.

Yeah, I know, I was asking more in a "long time player" sense. Like Philclair is easy to see, but I was wondering what other recent units/EGO only really work at UT4 and which ones do fine at UT3 and you can wait.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Legerdemain is actually still very good, it's just that Gregor only really has one good id and it's in the wrong colors and a sinking id.

Okay, two with twinhook.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Elswyyr posted:

If we're doing teambuilding advice, I started last week and pulled a lot of good stuff. Made it to mid-Canto 3.5.

Yi Sang: Pequod First Mate (00), Dimension Shredder EGO.
Faust: Seven Assoc. South Section 4 (000)
Don Quixote: N Corp Mittelhammer (00), Shi Assoc. South Section 5 Director (00)
Ryoshu: LCCB Assistant Manager (00), Edgar Family Chief Butler (000)
Meursault: The Middle Little Brother (00)
Hong Lu: Kurokumo Clan Wakashu (00), W Corp. L2 Cleanup Agent (00)
Heathcliff: Seven Assoc. South Section 4 (00), The Pequod Harpooneer (000)
Ishmael: Shi Assoc. South Section 5 (00), Lobotomy Ego: Sloshing (00), Edgar Family Butler (00)
Rodion: Sanguine Desire EGO
Sinclair: Dawn Office Fixer (000), Zwei Assoc. South Section 6 (00)
Outis: G Corp. Head Manager (00)
Gregor: Liu Assoc. South Section 6

What I've been doing so far is running Yi Sang and Heathcliff with their Pequod IDs, Kuro Hong Lu for more bleed, and the 2 butler IDs because I didnt know what else to do. Are any of these IDs especially high priority to Uptie to level 3? I've gotten all the ones I use to Uptie 2. I'm open for some team recommendations too.
Really good pulls here.

Seven Faust is easily her best general-use ID, and it near-perfectly fuels Fluid Sac. Go convert 200 yellow boxes into 400 Faust shards ASAP and get Fluid Sac from the shop, it's the best EGO in the game by far.

Maid Ryoshu is hax, legit one of the best IDs in the game.

Dawn Sinclair is going to be one of the best IDs in the game on weekly reset when he gets his buff, right up there with his other two meta 000s (Cinq and Grip).

Pequod Heath and Yi Sang are both pretty good. Heath's one of the best tanks in the game, up there with K Hong Lu.

7 Heath is pretty good for an 00 ID. Pairs well with 7 Faust. Pequod is better tho.

Edgar Ish is the best ID you own for her, so may as well raise it.

Once you get another 200 yellow boxes after getting Fluid Sac, your second buy should be Deici Hong Lu.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Thanks a ton! I don't know how I'll get 200 yellow boxes unless I destroy my brain farming mirror dungeons, but whenever I can do that I'll get fluid sac.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yeah, I know, I was asking more in a "long time player" sense. Like Philclair is easy to see, but I was wondering what other recent units/EGO only really work at UT4 and which ones do fine at UT3 and you can wait.

I mean generally that's what I look at. If they have conditional coin power locked behind UT4, or if they get extra over UT3, then I usually consider that enough to go to UT4 if I'm going to actually use them outside MD normal. If it doesn't look too impactful or if it's just changing something from [heads] to [on hit], then I'll probably park at UT3 unless some weird synergy I'm not seeing comes up later.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Elswyyr posted:

Thanks a ton! I don't know how I'll get 200 yellow boxes unless I destroy my brain farming mirror dungeons, but whenever I can do that I'll get fluid sac.
You get 380 off the first 120 levels of the free battle pass, and another 200 off the paid pass. There's plenty to be had if you just do your weeklies and dailies - it took most people three weeks to max it out, so it won't be long.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah the secret to limbus' economy is that you'll accumulate boxes at a pretty wild clip. its why the bad rates for EGOs arent actually a problem, you're going to be able to easily buy the ones you need

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)
On the topic for advice for new players, there are some LCB (Base) IDs that are pretty good (at least by Base ID Standards), so you can use them as a budget option if you need to.

LCB Hong Lu:
Has a pretty coherent kit with decent numbers (14 on S2, 17 on S3 at UT3), with some Sinking & Rupture.

LCB Heathcliff:
Has decent numbers (12 on S2, 16 on S3 at UT3), with the real booster being that his S2 gives him 1 Attack Power Up on Use.
His S1 & S3 also fuels his base EGO for more Attack Power Up + clashing.
(Do note that at UT4, his S3 goes up to 20.)

LCB Outis:
S1 is a triple coin so it does a lot of damage, and has decent numbers on her S2 & S3 (12 & 20 at UT3 respectively).
Just like Heathcliff, her S1 & S2 fuels her base EGO for great clashing.
(On a side note, at launch before the Sanity changes & Seven Outis, her base ID was easily her best one).

StuffyEvil fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

Really good pulls here.

Seven Faust is easily her best general-use ID, and it near-perfectly fuels Fluid Sac. Go convert 200 yellow boxes into 400 Faust shards ASAP and get Fluid Sac from the shop, it's the best EGO in the game by far.

Maid Ryoshu is hax, legit one of the best IDs in the game.

Dawn Sinclair is going to be one of the best IDs in the game on weekly reset when he gets his buff, right up there with his other two meta 000s (Cinq and Grip).

Pequod Heath and Yi Sang are both pretty good. Heath's one of the best tanks in the game, up there with K Hong Lu.

7 Heath is pretty good for an 00 ID. Pairs well with 7 Faust. Pequod is better tho.

Edgar Ish is the best ID you own for her, so may as well raise it.

Once you get another 200 yellow boxes after getting Fluid Sac, your second buy should be Deici Hong Lu.

Wong Lu is also decent enough but Dieci is both very powerful and has sinking