Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
"The final London mayoral constituency of Lambeth and Southwark has announced its results, and it shows that Labour’s Sadiq Khan has held it.

Khan received 106,861 votes ( 61.2%) while Susan Hall received 26,347 (15.1%)."

south london best london get hosed tories

237 is approximately how many kids boris johnson has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
lol even Havering showed a mild swing to Khan

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Going to take a moment to take in all the Khan hate from gammons here and abroad.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Nuclear Spoon posted:

"The final London mayoral constituency of Lambeth and Southwark has announced its results, and it shows that Labour’s Sadiq Khan has held it.

Khan received 106,861 votes ( 61.2%) while Susan Hall received 26,347 (15.1%)."

south london best london get hosed tories

237 is approximately how many kids boris johnson has

I would be proud of my constituency but it should be Susan on -1% (ERROR MARGIN)

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

lol even Havering showed a mild swing to Khan

(Boris Johnson singing in a bad Scottish accent, while holding a guitar by the wrong side of the capo)

"And I would vote 500 times
and I would vote 500 more
Just to be the man who votes 1000 times
To keep the UK poor"

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
So did Brian Rose win the rivers of Piss?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

30 votes is a pretty close margin yeah

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Starbucks posted:

Going to take a moment to take in all the Khan hate from gammons here and abroad.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

30 votes is a pretty close margin yeah

Sadicum Canus elected Duumvirus of Londinium

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I would hope that this would show the various racist nutcases that they are in fact a minority and everyone else is loudly voting for them to shut the gently caress up, but I suspect this brief and painful brush with reality will only make them even more mental and we'll probably get another swordbearing dipshit off the back of it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I would hope that this would show the various racist nutcases that they are in fact a minority and everyone else is loudly voting for them to shut the gently caress up, but I suspect this brief and painful brush with reality will only make them even more mental and we'll probably get another swordbearing dipshit off the back of it.

Uh, but if you add up all the people who voted for someone else, it's over 50%! And don't forget about ~the silent majority~ who didn't vote at all. 35% of 40%? All in all, an abysmal performance from Khan.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol so after all the public masturbation by the tory press it wasn't even close, just a total blowout

loving idiots

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Yeah but don't forget all the postal votes for Khan that will have mysteriously appeared overnight all 75000 of them.. (cries in gammon)

I don't think any Muslims have that many wives to fake the votes of.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pistol_Pete posted:

If all you read is stuff about how Khan has presided over a dangerous and decaying city, that sort of result will be a nasty surprise.

The Tory London mayor campaign seems to have been a case of clumsily trying to copy culture war nonsense from the USA, where the Republicans do well by playing on rural and suburban fears of out of control, culturally alien cities. Branding London as a hellhole full of welfare-scrounging, unpatriotic ethnic types is quite the strategy, when it's Londoners that you're trying to persuade to vote for you!

Eh, they were never going to win in London anyway and they knew it. Might as well run a campaign playing to your base to shore up support in the general when you're in a losing battle.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
If it makes you feel any better, Lutfur Rahman and his gang of cronies continue to be corrupt as gently caress

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Paladinus posted:

Uh, but if you add up all the people who voted for someone else, it's over 50%!

it's terribly unfair. if only there was some kind of voting system that could correct for this!

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Susan goes out bitter, bullshitting (there've been ~900 total recorded murders in London since 2016), and for some reason outing herself as not having watched The Wire.

quote:

Susan Hall said Sadiq Khan should stop “patronising” people who care about London.

Speaking at City Hall after the election results came in, she said: “I’d like to congratulate all my fellow mayoral candidates and congratulate Sadiq on his victory.

“Spending a year campaigning for this election has been an honour and a privilege. I have loved speaking to Londoners about the things that matter to them.

“The thing that matters the most, and to me, is reforming the Met and making London safe again. I hope Sadiq makes this his top priority.

“He owes it to the families of those thousands of people who have lost lives to knife crime under his mayoralty.

“And I hope too that he stops patronising people, like me, who care. This isn’t an episode of The Wire, this is real life on his watch.”

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Spending the afternoon in a pub in Sutton was certainly eye opening. Loads of people moaning about ULEZ and 20mph zones.

I guess this is how those liberal tears people start, it did feel pretty good

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reforming the met and making london safe again, presumably also from the met.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Rarity posted:

Eh, they were never going to win in London anyway and they knew it. Might as well run a campaign playing to your base to shore up support in the general when you're in a losing battle.

I dunno, Boris got elected. If the Tories ran a more sensible campaign where they talked positively about London and what they wanted to do for it, I don't see any inherent reason why they couldn't win again. At the moment though, their strategy (such as it is) appears to centre around appealing to Reform and their voters, which requires endless huffing about Muslim no-go zones, the War on Motorists, transgender indoctrination in nursery schools, etc etc etc.

I'd love to know what persuaded Sunak to go down this route rather than running on a competent, moderate, only-a-little-bit-Tory platform which I think would have been much more successful for them.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The entire point of Boris's government was "we will actually spend money doing things, but also be Toryish on immigrats and the EU" turns out the rest of the Tory party forgot why Boris has charisma - he appeared like he would do things.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

grobbo posted:

Susan goes out bitter, bullshitting (there've been ~900 total recorded murders in London since 2016), and for some reason outing herself as not having watched The Wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juo_5158tzs

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'd love to know what persuaded Sunak to go down this route rather than running on a competent, moderate, only-a-little-bit-Tory platform which I think would have been much more successful for them.

Their insane membership and scumbag MPs make being a moderate Tory leader now effectively impossible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pistol_Pete posted:

Got to look different to Starmer somehow

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Necrothatcher posted:

Their insane membership and scumbag MPs make being a moderate Tory leader now effectively impossible.

They gonna SDP and then be absorbed into the Lib Dem’s within 5 years.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Spending the afternoon in a pub in Sutton was certainly eye opening. Loads of people moaning about ULEZ and 20mph zones.

I guess this is how those liberal tears people start, it did feel pretty good

For some reason Sutton is just packed to the rafters with gammons. I do think Sutton needs better public transport links though.

It's horseshit that we're the only one of five London boroughs that doesn't have a tube station, and seemingly cannot get the tram extended here despite many, many years of promises.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Was it this thread where people discussed office chairs and discounted ones?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

It'll be interesting to see how the next leader after Sunak approaches this.
The Tories get enough big-ticket donations that the membership are essentially pointless if the party decides to sideline them. If, say, Mordaunt decided to go all-in on sucking up to business and bringing the party back towards the centre, it would cut off a fair amount of Labour's income (since Labour've already decided the membership are expendable and are increasingly reliant on rich donors). They could then go for a more centralised approach to picking candidates and present a more appealing picture to the electorate.

Or, if a headbanger like Badenoch wins the leadership, it'll be a headlong rush into picking the biggest bunch of racists, misogynists and gaslighters they can find.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Microplastics posted:

Sadicum Canus elected Duumvirus of Londinium

Wait, are they letting us post about Warhammer 40K in the UKMT again?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

It was, yeah, although I was not part of that discussion because I sit on a bunch of nails cellotaped together.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah this was the site: https://www.reyooz.com/
But I think I remember someone saying they had gone to order a cheapo chair but the delivery was extortionate! I may be misremembering though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I uh, may have spent an absurd amount of money on a new chair for myself as my first "earning a stable wage and selling my car" present.

Mostly because my current pile of blankets and disintegrating leather smells and I can't really fix that.

I guess also it does cut off circulation in parts of my body and that probably isn't great.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Yeah this was the site: https://www.reyooz.com/
But I think I remember someone saying they had gone to order a cheapo chair but the delivery was extortionate! I may be misremembering though.

Thank you!

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Looks like Labour have won the West Midlands mayoral contest, which was the only other "maybe it's not so bad?" hope the tories had (because the incumbent ignored the national party).

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Nah that was from Amazon. Reyooz are pretty good I think.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

mrpwase posted:

Nah that was from Amazon. Reyooz are pretty good I think.

They're hertfordshire based, so if you're SE england way I think it's pretty inexpensive or free if you're home counties. I've heard it gets pricey the further north+west you are.

I had a nice humanscale chair off them a month or so ago after my cats destroyed the last chair I had.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Laurence Fox won an average of about 0.5%-0.6% of the votes in each of the 14 wards....
https://twitter.com/jneill/status/1786787547940548859
:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 4, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait how do you contest sixteen seats at the same time?

Does he have to do a jacob rees mogg if he wins them all?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Wait how do you contest sixteen seats at the same time?

Does he have to do a jacob rees mogg if he wins them all?

I edited it, as I'm unsure if he actually stood for 14 seats, or if 14 wards elect on a single seat... I have no idea how the London Assembly works. I was just focusing on his L's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Let's just go with he's contesting all the seats.