Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lots of dumb people said CJ Stroud would suck because he went to Ohio State. There's hope for Caleb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Who is the bears backup and why is it going to be Nathan Peterman

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Who is the bears backup and why is it going to be Nathan Peterman

this guy is forgetting about the Legend of Tyson Bagent

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy is forgetting about the Legend of Secret Bagent Man

Better.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Excited for the week one Packers Bears matchup in prime time as Jordan love throws four touchdowns, no picks, 18/19 for 300 yards. Caleb throws one touchdown, one interception, and gives up a sack fumble scoop and score, breaks a finger and there’s a closeup of his fingernail broken in half. Mike Glennon trots onto the field at the end of the second quarter.

expecting the return of caleb hanie

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

this guy is forgetting about the Legend of Tyson Bagent

He's a fit in any scheme. Coaches laud him for his cross fit

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1374873691314618370

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Big Jesus posted:

I have a new quarterback and his name is Penix! Should see what he can do in training camp and preseason while our backup recovers from his Achilles injury.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I too have a new quarterback and I'm a Boliever in him!

Bo and Pe are both Nices

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I am not going to give up on Bryce after learning about The Giant Slayer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Flaherty)

i bet there were like 4000 vietcong his height or shorter and who won the freaking war huh?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DeimosRising posted:

i bet there were like 4000 vietcong his height or shorter and who won the freaking war huh?

AmericaFreedom did! Vietnam is a very staunch capitalist nation my friend.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 2, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I Maye start a new thread around training camp and rotate out the dudes in their fourth year. Need to come up with the right Penix pun though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

there are actually serious people who believe Caleb Williams will be a good nfl quarterback for the literal Chicago bears.

There was, and seemingly remains, a serious person (only one, ever on Earth, but still) who believes Bryce Young will be a good NFL quarterback for the literal Carolina Panthers

I'm not one of either, but I can at least think a merciful act of a conceivably-existing God is more likely (.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 vs 0) than a grown adult growing 6 more inches, in addition to unlearning and then relearning literally everything, in 4 months

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The real question is, how many times has he managed to sneak off with Nicole?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

Bryce's footwork in the pocket is bad but when it comes to wheeling the owner's wife he's suddenly Dan Marino

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Chris James 2 posted:

There was, and seemingly remains, a serious person (only one, ever on Earth, but still) who believes Bryce Young will be a good NFL quarterback for the literal Carolina Panthers

I'm not one of either, but I can at least think a merciful act of a conceivably-existing God is more likely (.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 vs 0) than a grown adult growing 6 more inches, in addition to unlearning and then relearning literally everything, in 4 months

That's interesting because Bryce is the reason I know for a fact that God doesn't love me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nervous posted:

Bryce is in spikes here and Nicole is in flats.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Bryce is in spikes here and Nicole is in flats.

He’s not even curtsying in this one.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I think Spencer Rattler is going to be better than a few of those top 12 selections.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rattler will be tied with JJ and Bo Nix because they will all be worth nothing!!!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Rattler will be tied with JJ and Bo Nix because they will all be worth nothing!!!

I think Caleb is going to bust, Daniels will be good, Penix will be good and Maye could go either way but, yeah, none of us know poo poo, really. Rattler's physical skills didn't just up and disappear though and I think the Saints got great value there. Surprised the NYG and Raiders passed on him but what do I know?

I DO know that in five years, a lot of these posts (including mine and Mel Kiper's) are going to look incredibly stupid. Full disclosure: I don't watch a lot of college football but have been as right as many pundits and certainly as right as randos posting on message boards over the years. Kyle Hamilton, Lamar Jackson, Desean Watson (for a while), Justin Jefferson

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 4, 2024

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

I Full disclosure: I don't watch a lot of college football but

ok the rest of these posts make more sense now

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

Fair.

I'll ressurrect this thread in 3 years and we'll see how smart any of us are.

Not very

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Roasted Donut posted:

Every year

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm doing some stuff for the 2024 op and sheesh that 2021 class has had woeful outcomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Here's my extremely dumb predictions for their first years:

Caleb: pretty drat good
Daniels: struggles in Washington, but his value on the ground and ability to distribute allows them to win a few more games than last year
Maye: flashes, but doesn't win a lot of games and makes some stupid mistakes in year one
JJ: doesn't play well
Penix: doesn't play that much, looks mid when he does
Nix: leads the broncos to exactly one more win than last year.

please quote this and humiliate me after the season. i would appreciate that