Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Being smug about communists being on the wrong side of history - guy with a Ukrainian flag in bio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

He's got a point, he's already incapable of seeing that he was wrong

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/GMomurder/status/1786431280877539651

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/status/1785925938477195396

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Being smug about communists being on the wrong side of history - guy with a Ukrainian flag in bio

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Scarabrae posted:

lol those Frat would burn a cross on her lawn if they could

if they did she would shake their hand and thank them for their service

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i skimmed "if we burn" ended up on the chapter on the HK protests where one of the tiananmen dipshits is going "oh no, by making the protest anti-PRC instead of anti-the bill, the PRC will just portray us as out of touch racist elitists!" to which i lol'd at such an accurate description of the HK protests

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its true ashli babbitts bloodlust was insatiable she was a monster at least as murderous as mr hootingtons wife (who remains at large)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There’s so much anti-China propaganda I can never know if a Chinese protest has a point or not.

Either way, the CCP still holds the Mandate of Heaven.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

its true ashli babbitts bloodlust was insatiable she was a monster at least as murderous as mr hootingtons wife (who remains at large)

Pictured: Ashley Babbit, moments before attempting to enter the Speaker's Lobby

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Ukraine still exists tho

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1786866083233694101

Hahaha

"Activist investors"

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Giving companies money to express your disapproval

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
lol someone tried doing exactly that with ExxonMobil and the company sued the investor group to get it to stop doing it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I hate the HR meeting energy to our government

thats the democrat party for you

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

instead of doing something threatening and potentially effective to pressure the end of genocide have you considered investing in the genocide instead

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I am a 2010 graduate of Davidson and public policy scholar who loves to combine my dual passions for education and politics in the classroom and in my research agenda.

My interest in both goes back as far as I can remember. My high school years consisted of working for local election campaigns and watching The West Wing. Higher education is also my family business? both my mother and father worked for colleges and universities while I was growing up.

Much of my research is informed by stints as a college admission counselor at Davidson and working for a lobbyist while studying public policy at Duke University. I defended my doctoral dissertation on higher education interest group activity at Vanderbilt University in the summer of 2018.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
look, you just got to vote for invest in them then push them to the left

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
we'll push them left after the investment

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

psychos

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/GabbieKDrice/status/1785709585803747754

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ron Howard voice : The Democrats did not care about her daughter's reproductive and civil rights

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

got some grade A succ for sat morning

https://www.salon.com/2024/05/04/dont-like-this-economy-wait-for-the-to-blow-it-up/

not gonna bother posting the article but lol

quote:

Not too well, especially if we’re talking about authoritarian governments that were formerly democracies. Such economies tend to be heavily based on one or two commodities, as with Russia, whose main exports are petroleum and, I’m pretty sure, corruption. Authoritarian governments tend to manage their economies about as poorly as Republicans have in the modern era, which makes perfect sense when you consider that Republicans are not moved by expertise or evidence but by ideology, such as the thoroughly discredited idea that tax cuts for the wealthy will somehow “trickle down” to benefit the average Jane and Joe. And Republicans' fallback argument that they are better with the annual deficit or the national debt is just silly. They have made both things dramatically worse, and mostly decry the national debt so they can further slash the social safety net.

russia was a democracy?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

lmao. this was your off-boarding ramp libs, you could’ve used those guys as a reminder of the “MAGA” coming back and how they’re the real enemy of whatever but noooooope.

chapo is 100% correct about the biden administration and bibi’s administration being in a murder-suicide pact. they are destroying themselves and and violently lashing out at anybody trying to stop them from doing so.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

did they already forget that Roe was overturned under a Democrat president

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

luv2shit posted:

fuckibg love political rap rock

rage against the machine kicks rear end you mother fucker

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

my bony fealty posted:

did they already forget that Roe was overturned under a Democrat president

but you don’t understand, Biden can only defy the Supreme Court if it involves killing children with razor wire

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

World Famous W posted:

look, you just got to vote for invest in them then push them to the left

That’s pretty much what they’re doing in Ivy leagues right now.

Imagine happily paying Columbia $90k per year so they can eminent domain more poor people in Harlem, then feeling like part of the solution because you blocked traffic.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

luv2shit posted:

fuckibg love political rap rock
de la rocha walked so lin miranda could soar

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

How much could it cost to have a controlling share in a military contractor, Michael, ten dollars? College students could totally cover that.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

I haven't watched it yet (waiting for it to be free on streaming).

I imagine they went with the most contrived BS split ever.

A real, current day, US civil war probably would not be cleanly divided by state lines.

my theory on why california and texas join forces is because they werent taken over through legitimate democratic elections but rather independent business plots which seized control of both state and federal government resources with the goal of murdering president nick offerman because he wanted to fdrishly raise taxes

hilariously enough the text of civil war is so vague about who the western alliance is and why theyre trying to kill the president nothing in there contradicts this to the contrary the old black reporter going you know texas and california are just gonna declare war on each other once they actually finish all this strongly implies that their governments arent legitimate either the other reporters just blow this off as not being relevant to their extremely important work of being war journalists

theres an amazing satire in there about war journalists so far up their rear end about their own importance that discussing the cause of the war is somehow beneath them inadvertently leading them to cheerlead literal fascists but youve gotta ignore basically everything alex garland has said about this movie in interviews in order to make it work

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Lmao it rules how bad she is at her job

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The khive returns

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
there is no honor in a UNC fratboy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Smythe posted:

rage against the machine kicks rear end you mother fucker

kicked

past tense

you don't get to hang on to past glory after selling the gently caress out

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

comedyblissoption posted:

de la rocha walked so lin miranda could soar

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

my god this is dumb

(turn on my monitor)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Buttchocks posted:

How much could it cost to have a controlling share in a military contractor, Michael, ten dollars? College students could totally cover that.

I assume that the idea is something like "as investors you could sue to get the arms manufacturer to stop funding a genocide because the survivors of the genocide could sue the arms manufacturer for knowingly supplying a genocide," but first off:

In general lmao at the idea of trying to sue arms manufacturers into being ethical when their entire existence is profiting off of being monsters

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Some Guy TT posted:

my theory on why california and texas join forces is because they werent taken over through legitimate democratic elections but rather independent business plots which seized control of both state and federal government resources with the goal of murdering president nick offerman because he wanted to fdrishly raise taxes

hilariously enough the text of civil war is so vague about who the western alliance is and why theyre trying to kill the president nothing in there contradicts this to the contrary the old black reporter going you know texas and california are just gonna declare war on each other once they actually finish all this strongly implies that their governments arent legitimate either the other reporters just blow this off as not being relevant to their extremely important work of being war journalists

theres an amazing satire in there about war journalists so far up their rear end about their own importance that discussing the cause of the war is somehow beneath them inadvertently leading them to cheerlead literal fascists but youve gotta ignore basically everything alex garland has said about this movie in interviews in order to make it work

someone put the last 15 minutes on twitter and its the funniest loving thing in the world lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Excelzior posted:

kicked

past tense

you don't get to hang on to past glory after selling the gently caress out

gently caress you I won't do what you tell me