Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Why did we skip from Fallout 4 to 76? What happened to the other 72?

What are you hiding Todd???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RandomBlue posted:

Why did we skip from Fallout 4 to 76? What happened to the other 72?

What are you hiding Todd???

they’re owned by Microsoft bud, they’re just following the Microsoft naming conventions

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

finishing up all my second act loose ends in Cyberpunk before going to Embers and: for a game that pays a shitton of detail to stuff like this normally, it would be nice to have an option to tell River "sorry but i cant get with you because i'm a lesbian in a committed relationship with a woman, actually if youve been to Lizzie's you mightve met her" instead of just flatly shutting him down

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

colony ship is good but I didn't think it's as good as age of decadence. AoD had more to do cause the earth can be ancient and hide many great mysteries. but a ship kinda cannot. it tried though. it was fun. got the best ending cause im a genius.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

river just sucks in general. hes too stupid to realize his partner is just trying to protect him from the ai conspiracy, needs you to handhold him through his brothers disappearance despite being a detective, and lies about having a family jambalaya recipe

his two endings are becoming a "bad person" whos too ashamed to talk to you or "making a difference" by literally selling nerve gas

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

although I think they're not gonna use that ending for the sequel. but it is the best one. turn the ship around. give the alien life on the planet a chance without humans getting involved. wish they would also let me use the lander and peace out but alas.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In Infinite Wealth I have listened to two podcasts. I cannot stop thinking about the name DJ Pipi Stew

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lpzie posted:

colony ship is good but I didn't think it's as good as age of decadence. AoD had more to do cause the earth can be ancient and hide many great mysteries. but a ship kinda cannot. it tried though. it was fun. got the best ending cause im a genius.

I loved the vibe of it. Very good music helped a lot. I really need to go back and finally finish now that the game is actually complete lol

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Buddykins posted:

speaking of games why the gently caress is mgs4 not playable at all unless you have a ps3

Still got my release day 80gb ps3 for this reason

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Lpzie posted:

good work. I liked aod even if I thought it was clunky and I'll get colony ship eventually on a good sale

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

I loved the vibe of it. Very good music helped a lot. I really need to go back and finally finish now that the game is actually complete lol

just remember who the devs are. they're not liberals like the fallout new vegas devs where they say oh you got 100 speech? ok then you can convince even the legions ubermensch to stand down and stand by. no. that's wishful bullshit. "100 speech" in colony ship just means you can finish the game and see an ending credit sequence but you won't be able to influence the course of action in any significant way. power always flows from the beautiful barrel of an energy submachine and real heads know that. gl

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Can I just clear all quests as they come in CrossCode or is there some Dark Souls poo poo going on? That broken bracelet I found is definitely the key for that old observatory, but that dude wants me to hand it over

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have gotten 5 people into strangers of paradise now

except they keep using low bushido gun only to get past bosses

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

tanegashima ftw.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lpzie posted:

just remember who the devs are. they're not liberals like the fallout new vegas devs where they say oh you got 100 speech? ok then you can convince even the legions ubermensch to stand down and stand by. no. that's wishful bullshit. "100 speech" in colony ship just means you can finish the game and see an ending credit sequence but you won't be able to influence the course of action in any significant way. power always flows from the beautiful barrel of an energy submachine and real heads know that. gl

Anything that owns speech maxxers is good

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Lpzie posted:

lol that people hate 4 for having less story decisions because you can't reform the slavedriving MIT nerds. The only solution to ending slavery is spectacular violence. This is seen as a bad thing.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lpzie posted:

I followed AoD throughout development and i finally played the release build i realised that I had no idea how to make a character
colony seems more amicable to pick up and play

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Lpzie posted:

hell yeah I loved AoD. took a long time for me to grasp the gameplay and mechanics, but I was hooked once I figured it out

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

I followed AoD throughout development and i finally played the release build i realised that I had no idea how to make a character
colony seems more amicable to pick up and play

yeah AoD is kinda tough at first till you realize you cannot pick to be a merchant and then somehow win a fight against two thugs in the streets. it's more like a story about a pivotal event in history that you see from many different sides by replaying the game as different professions and playing your role! then at some point you learn enough where you find the cracks in the story and break out, eventually becoming a god!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

genericnick posted:

Can I just clear all quests as they come in CrossCode or is there some Dark Souls poo poo going on? That broken bracelet I found is definitely the key for that old observatory, but that dude wants me to hand it over

You can just clear quests as they come, there's no locking yourself out of stuff.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The lumber to build my irl deck is scheduled for delivery next week but maybe ill just play this instead.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wrong AoD is about this guy and nothing else

misterevilcat
Apr 30, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Wrong AoD is about this guy and nothing else

Ah, the average Greek finally represented in video games.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

bowcaster feels very good and is very powerful

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Space horror is so cool. We need more space horror games.

What I want is more horror without any 1. survival elements and 2. jump scares (by which I mean any scenario where you're worried about, say, opening a door or looking through a window).

I like psychological horror where you encounter stuff that is weird/disturbing, but hate the "constant tension and forced helplessness." I understand why such games are like that, but I don't like it myself.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

Tankbuster posted:

lol that people hate 4 for having less story decisions because you can't reform the slavedriving MIT nerds. The only solution to ending slavery is spectacular violence. This is seen as a bad thing.

goons just reepeat things hbomberguy said in his 9 hour fnv video

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MonsieurChoc posted:

Space horror is so cool. We need more space horror games.

System shock remake is quite a bit more horrific with modern graphics instead of sprites, just mutilated corpses for miles

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Lpzie posted:

it is funny to me that pillars of eternity 2 didn't let you reform a single faction in the game and everyone got super pissed at obsidian for making things "too dark"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

goons just reepeat things hbomberguy said in his 9 hour fnv video

he just repeated things goons posted to make the video.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

Nice strawman Emil but people hate that games story because it's poorly written garbage that makes no sense.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Third World Reagan posted:

I have gotten 5 people into strangers of paradise now

except they keep using low bushido gun only to get past bosses

It's on my to-do list. It looks fuckin dope

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mantis42 posted:

Nice strawman Emil but people hate that games story because it's poorly written garbage that makes no sense.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Mantis42 posted:

but enough about Starfield

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Whirling posted:

it is funny to me that pillars of eternity 2 didn't let you reform a single faction in the game and everyone got super pissed at obsidian for making things "too dark"

poe2 is so so good. And so so beautiful. And so so well designed. But it was 2d and only fairly horny instead of 3d and exhaustingly, perpetually horny so nobody played it... makes u think

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I better get my refund TWR, im blamin u if steam denies me

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Buddykins posted:

also lol at The Boss' speech about capitalism and communism. MGS3 owns so loving much

best bond movie theme song is snake eater

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Whirling posted:

i liked the guy that called rope kid racist for portraying the huana with flaws

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

I better get my refund TWR, im blamin u if steam denies me

I am your uncle who works at steam

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I experienced this game through the goon LP and its basically a movie straight up lol. easily best MG to watch, maybe revengence is 2nd