Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

It’s good to know he’s out there, loving an Ewok for all us sinners…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wanna bet on a guy fuckin' an ewok, money plane

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sometimes that ewok, he looks right into ya. right into your eyes. y'know the thing about an ewok, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. when he comes on ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ewoks are people eating cannibals. How they got whitewashed via the Ewok cartoon is a travesty.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Nobody ever really mentions the Caravan of Courage but I think it was actually the first star wars thing I ever saw and it made me loving love those Ewok dudes

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

redshirt posted:

Ewoks are people eating cannibals. How they got whitewashed via the Ewok cartoon is a travesty.

That’s not cannibalism, humans are a whole other species!! It’s just eating what they kill, a good and noble pursuit.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

theyre also cannibals

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

sure okay posted:

theyre also cannibals

Where do they eat other ewoks??

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The Japanese Cube remake is very bad.

I saw this recently, it stunk! Dead last in the cube rankings. Nice to know other countries foreign language remakes can be total trash as well.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

Where do they eat other ewoks??

When times are tough in the southern continent....

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy May the 4th

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

I've returned (sorry). Just found out Fallout is out. I'm going to hate myself but I'm going to watch it.

I appear to have been wrong about this

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sunk Dunk posted:

do you guys think anyone has ever gotten road head in a monster truck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_KhOj_8t9Y

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr. Thoss posted:

2. I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle

:hmmyes:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Because my monitor is off

poisonpill posted:

Turn on your monitor

Thank you! There it was

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
do NOT post misinformation about ewoks itt you fucker

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cube is a product of Canadian culture, other cultures just don't *get* the themes involved in Cube.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

they don't have cubes in canada natively, they're imported from the united states

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

do you guys think anyone has ever gotten road head in a monster truck?

That sounds like something frakes would say on an x rated beyond belief

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ewoks, not endemic to the forest moon of Endor, find times difficult on the large southern land mass dubbed "Starvania"

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Heh, watching Jedi on TBS and just saw Carrie Fisher's coke fingernail.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
We let ourselves get lazy and comfortable and now they're rebooting The god-damned Maze Runner

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you want to bet on a guy loving an ewok?
money plane.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Cube is a product of Canadian culture, other cultures just don't *get* the themes involved in Cube.

They didn't mention timmies once tho

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

We deserve to be punished as a society

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i agree, ewoks are disgusting monsters

mystes
May 31, 2006

They should just reboot it as a tv series where they never actually get out of the maze

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Watching the Empire Strikes Back with my girlfriend who hasn't seen star wars movies (but has seen the family guy parodies of them).

Something about the Hoth stuff got me thinking back to the sequels for the first time in ages, and how simple and straightforward the OT was. There's some goofy moments with C3PO and stuff, but it's all played seriously. I was flashing back to that stupid joke opening the second sequel one (can't even remember the damned name), and how much poo poo they shoved in the third. The originals concentrate so much tension through these small scale action set pieces, combined with setting up the big picture and overall scope with well composed establishing shots and dialogue.

The prequels feel kinda halfway between the trilogies, still played mostly seriously, but also crammed with action scenes that have too much poo poo shoved in them, and having that damned kid yapping in the Phantom Menace (children should be neither seen nor heard), and then the next two have all the dialogue fed through the wooden Hayden Christensen (if you want to see a great Hayden Christensen movie, check out Shattered Glass, a movie about newspaper reporting and fraud).

I remember the first new sequel one coming out and it was derivative of the originals for sure, but felt like they had a good feeling for the tone of the originals, and some glimmers of potential with things like John Boyega and Oscar Isaac. Then the next two just had so many silly things and trying to escalate the tension through quantity.

Then again maybe I'm just an old man who liked the movies he saw as a kid and doesn't care for new ones because they're made for a new generation that has been built off the backs of it. I don't think that though, it's the children who are wrong.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was just old enough to see ESB in theatres and I remember being really stressed out by the whole Hoth evacuation. It was tense and kind of scary, especially once the stormtroopers (snowtroopers?) started getting into the base. I can't remember anything tense like that in any of the prequels or sequels. Closest is probably ObiWan dodging the asteroids and giant bombs from jango fett in attack of the clones.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

piratepilates posted:

my girlfriend who hasn't seen star wars movies (but has seen the family guy parodies of them).
wife that

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I hate Star Wars

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i babu frik!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

I hate Star Wars

I wish we could have some Star Peace

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah OK fine I love Star Wars again

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

mystes posted:

They should just reboot it as a tv series where they never actually get out of the maze

A modern tv series would never get to the maze.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bar Crow posted:

A modern tv series would never get to the maze.
I didn't even think about a prequel lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Baronjutter posted:

You're not wrong. It's a distinctly Canadian movie even if it doesn't look like it on the surface. It's the weirdest crossover of actors from Star Trek, Stargate and The Red Green Show you'll ever see.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

I hate Star Wars

This is smart. Wars are like super bad.

Why can't people just be good and kind to each other. :(

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Arc Hammer posted:

You're not wrong. It's a distinctly Canadian movie even if it doesn't look like it on the surface. It's the weirdest crossover of actors from Star Trek, Stargate and The Red Green Show you'll ever see.

also war of the worlds the tv series, and dan aykroyd's psi factor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

canada is like the cw of nations