Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nervous posted:

I hate this tweet with every fiber of my being

I know. They should have let Draft Kings tweet that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it's the chester cheeto that gets me every time

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

That was actually hilarious, literal lol thank you for posting

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Chargers need to do anime part 3

Gimme some Frieren, Delicious in Dungeon, Bocchi the Rock and Mashle: Magic & Muscles references

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I care a lot about almost all NFL things but the schedule release is the one thing I don't give a gently caress about. Who gets excited for this and why?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

The group of women being so pumped to get the Cowboys broke me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I care a lot about almost all NFL things but the schedule release is the one thing I don't give a gently caress about. Who gets excited for this and why?

At least in my case I like to see what games I won't have to get up at 4am on a monday for and which ones I can watch in comfort of a normal human time like 10am. I don't like... lose my mind for it, but I flick through it and go "hmmm".

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

I certainly don't care. But I do enjoy the tradition that's forming and all the various takes on it from social media managers across the NFL.

It's their one time of the year to shine, please don't take this from them

Patrick Spens posted:

The group of women being so pumped to get the Cowboys broke me.

I think what really makes the comedy hit is that bombastic, trumpet filled nfl theme playing in front of the hilariously bad team games guesses

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think that’s my second favorite to the 2019 Panthers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARPTJoDpL_8

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Im not getting out of bed for it but i check it for two things: whens the bye week and is there any bullshit like 4 away divisional games back to back for me to get mad over

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I used to look forward to it to know which games I’d want to go to.

Now I just use it to vaguely meal plan

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

fartknocker posted:

“Uh, what am I supposed to do with this clay, Mr. Rodgers?”

“You eat it, Malachi.”

“…And then what, Mr. Rodgers?”

“We wait, and then the fun begins, Malachi, and oh what fun it will be.”

“Can we turn the lights on?”

*laughs* “No…”

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Gimme some Frieren, Delicious in Dungeon, Bocchi the Rock and Mashle: Magic & Muscles references

The Chargers are certainly beyond victory’s end

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

Im not getting out of bed for it but i check it for two things: whens the bye week and is there any bullshit like 4 away divisional games back to back for me to get mad over

and 100% of the time you will be pissed off because they schedule like dickheads

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

People who like to plan away game trips and whatnot

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

this is me only with uniform revolutionary changes that I'm face-blind to noticing the difference

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a neat cape posted:

People who like to plan away game trips and whatnot

this is why for me this year, it's gonna determine a trip home

the reveals are also an excuse for goofy offseason content, no one's taking them hyper seriously it's just may and we're bored

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

and 100% of the time you will be pissed off because they schedule like dickheads

im digging my own grave but at least they haven't scheduled a lovely bye week for the ravens in recent memory

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Because I'm at a point in my life where I want to take an actual pack my bags, get on a plane, sleep in a different time zone vacation and not just sit at home for a long weekend getting paid to play through a backlog of video games.

Because despite an 18 week schedule there are only eight home games this year against six teams I haven't seen.

Because I'm not going to take time off during the week to travel for a Monday Night or Thursday Night game which we usually get every season.

Because work slows down in fall and ramps back up in winter. I'd enjoy myself more during the 50 hour weeks and no holidays of September / October versus the 60 hour weeks and holidays of November / December.

Because of the first eight weeks, half of them are an Away game, a possible Bye Week or MNF / TNF which leaves probably four games at most for me to choose from and they better be against a team I actually want to see.

Because I'd like to go to two games.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

wandler20 posted:

look, hockey and basketball are wrapping up, this is the last stuff before we go into having nothing but baseball and golf

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

razorscooter posted:

look, hockey and basketball are wrapping up, this is the last stuff before we go into having nothing but baseball and golf

The release is next week. Hockey and basketball playoffs are still in the first round and have a solid month + left, thankfully.

Thanks to all who replied explaining why the release is important to them, notes have been logged.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Appreciate all the fans who don’t know much still knowing the dolphins

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean, it's not hard to tell what the logo is meant to depict.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

wandler20 posted:

I usually check to see if the Lions are at home on the Sunday before Thanksgiving so I can double up on games I can watch on a week's holiday from the UK, but the base cost right now is £2000 for flight and hotel so its a nope for the foreseeable

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean, it's not hard to tell what the logo is meant to depict.

Charlie the Tuna?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Heathen posted:

Because I'm at a point in my life where I want to take an actual pack my bags, get on a plane, sleep in a different time zone vacation and not just sit at home for a long weekend getting paid to play through a backlog of video games.

Because despite an 18 week schedule there are only eight home games this year against six teams I haven't seen.

Because I'm not going to take time off during the week to travel for a Monday Night or Thursday Night game which we usually get every season.

Because work slows down in fall and ramps back up in winter. I'd enjoy myself more during the 50 hour weeks and no holidays of September / October versus the 60 hour weeks and holidays of November / December.

Because of the first eight weeks, half of them are an Away game, a possible Bye Week or MNF / TNF which leaves probably four games at most for me to choose from and they better be against a team I actually want to see.

Because I'd like to go to two games.

- Manifesto Of The Man Who Would Like, If Possible, To Attend Two Football Games

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

I hired Jim Harbaugh and now my team is respected?!?!?!

Or

That Time I Reincarnated as a real NFL org

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

I can imagine Frieren picking for her NFL team, the Falcons, by drafting a second QB in the first round because "It won't be long before Kirk is dead. Shouldn't we have a replacement?" not understanding how humans react to things like that.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I can imagine Frieren picking for her NFL team, the Falcons, by drafting a second QB in the first round because "It won't be long before Kirk is dead. Shouldn't we have a replacement?" not understanding how humans react to things like that.

lol

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I think the release videos are fun. Not excited or waiting for the release. More like whenever I run across the videos it'll be a fun little diversion for 2 mins

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/1786918104200626383?s=46&t=3bRAS8rH63t1Hw7nhc27QA

Come for the sumo wrestler stonewalling Micah.

Stay for CJ teaching the sumo wrestler the “too small” taunt.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Okay that was loving cool.

Micah discovering a new career for when he retires

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Shrimpy posted:

https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/1786918104200626383?s=46&t=3bRAS8rH63t1Hw7nhc27QA

as a titans fan, it is distressing that cj stroud has delivered so much good content this week

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

as a panthers fan, it is depressing that cj stroud has delivered so much good content this week

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

as a titans fan, it is distressing that cj stroud has delivered so much good content this week

Respect the uniform man, not the man uniform

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Soul Glo posted:

Yay, and it was said, that God would send his servant Lovie to drive the snake Easterby from the people's lands.

And then, with this good work done, the Lord laid one last task upon Lovie.

And then Lovie knew, he must prepare the way for the Lord's next servant.

And it came to pass, that Lovie was successful in his efforts.

And thereafter, the way was prepared. CJ Stroud could walk to Houston, and further God's works in his time.

Amen.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

poo poo I had already forgotten about the Jack Easterby as Grima Wormtongue era. He was sent packing during the 2022 season. The 1 year turnaround from league laughingstock to a team most everyone thinks is fun and cool and a respectable playoff contender is honestly insane.

Simply go from making every single possible wrong choice to getting every single thing right. Bing bong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i will never think the texans are fun or cool, they still look like a fuckin fake rear end team from an unlicensed football video game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is wild

https://twitter.com/FB_Helmet_Guy/status/1786931466829443171?t=CBZUYOQrDyNx2kvZmWV5uQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shrimpy posted:

Back in college the one sport I & my fellow art school friends would regularly watch on ESPN2 was sumo.

I'd watch a day of NFL players trying sumo.