Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is it related to the Fading Suns tabletop rpg? I’ve never played or read it.

same guy in fact

dude in the video is one of the two writers who made fading suns, as well as dev'd the pc game

usually better known for other work like 'being one of the original vampire the masquerade writers'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

HD2 sold 8 million copies in 1 month, that took DRG 6 years lol. Also HD2 sold at 40 dollars despite being objectively worse game vs 30 dollars tops on DRG and def a lot of sales for 15/20.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Do you play the ultra democracy game or the ultra capitalisim game

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
miners union rise up

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

serendipity

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1786812561624600751?t=hl2dYFJjMw_MpB5oV__o1Q&s=19

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

I experienced this game through the goon LP and its basically a movie straight up lol. easily best MG to watch, maybe revengence is 2nd

MGS2 is becoming more and more genius as the times go by.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

not even joking - MGS2 is a loving masterpiece.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's crap

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

remake soon

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

probe him. !

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you too will be able to say such things, unblemished, when y8 shenanigans rolls around

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

The Toranaga

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Homeless Friend posted:

HD2 sold 8 million copies in 1 month, that took DRG 6 years lol. Also HD2 sold at 40 dollars despite being objectively worse game vs 30 dollars tops on DRG and def a lot of sales for 15/20.

theyre both good but drg vibes r immaculate. hope the spinoff roguelite fps isnt garbo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ah yes, Xi Jinping-ism

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

:mad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

balatro.......

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

Fuligin posted:

theyre both good but drg vibes r immaculate. hope the spinoff roguelite fps isnt garbo

The FPS spinoff at least seems to be using a lot of the same resources they've already made for DRG proper. I'm hoping that the fact it's taking a while to even get to Early Access while season 6 is delayed means they're making sure it's actually fun and different enough. Though maybe they're just sitting on piles of cosmetic money and making board games years after the kickstarter board game boom times instead

While I like both DRG and Vampire Survivors the DRG/VS spinoff felt awful to play and also kinda soulless compared to the main game, and I think a lot of that came down to having a third party studio basically build it from scratch (or more likely reskin a partially finished VS clone they were already working on).

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

you fight the former president, who has octopus arms and two katanas named democrat and republican, on top of federal hall and it owns

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jibs Monteef posted:

While I like both DRG and Vampire Survivors the DRG/VS spinoff felt awful to play and also kinda soulless compared to the main game, and I think a lot of that came down to having a third party studio basically build it from scratch (or more likely reskin a partially finished VS clone they were already working on).

I played the demo and yeah wasn't great. I' mwilling to give it another shot when 1.0 comes out

I didnt know they were making an FPS game, how is that going to be different than DRG? looks like DRG except.. first person?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

SomethingBeautiful posted:

two katanas named democrat and republican

wait what

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea MGS2 is an all-timer. From a gameplay perspective it's the pinnacle of classic Metal Gear stealth gameplay, the kind of stealth that is based on clear lines of sight, timing, and mastery of simple geometric level designs. There was nowhere to take the formula after that, which is why they started experimenting with mechanics like camouflage and evolved into something else. There's a reason you never got VR missions again after 2, you couldn't refine the more simulationist aspects of the later games down into clean geometric boards, and that's a strength of 2 not a weakness. And the story? Take it's contemporary, Deus Ex, and make it even cooler and it's politics even better somehow and you've got MGS2.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

also incredible cyberpunk moment that i wish i was recording: overheard a guy talking on the phone and his side of the conversation was "yeah I slept in a big pipe, like from the sewer. yeah my backs all hosed up. slept fine though. had to wake up early cause yknow ive got the kid. yeah they say you cant get drunk if you have a kid but thats not true. its called being responsible."

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buddykins posted:

MGS2 is becoming more and more genius as the times go by.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

level 15 in morrowind. replaying it now because the next tamriel expansion is supposed to have a postgame epilogue. doing kind of a nerd paladin build, lockpicking/blunt weapons/shield. Doesnt really fit but i'm using light armor because I like the variety over heavy and last time I did medium. I had a shield that was literally just a mudrab shell but i traded it in for a feather shield.

using this mod for leveling https://modding-openmw.gitlab.io/ncgdmw-lua/ but i don't think i'd really recommend it. you can really juice your strength/speed at the beginning by picking the right skills, and getting rid of the morrowind leveling mechanics (go to sleep, pick 3 stats) really sucks.

It was kind of funny though how i think the anti cheese mod didn't let me get training from the balmora mages guild and I didn't tag any magic skills so i had to think fast and sink like 2k gold really early into magic skills from the blades trainer to get my willpower up to 30 to actually join the guild and be able to use the guild guides

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009

Xaris posted:

I played the demo and yeah wasn't great. I' mwilling to give it another shot when 1.0 comes out

I didnt know they were making an FPS game, how is that going to be different than DRG? looks like DRG except.. first person?

It looks like a more fully fleshed out version of Deep Dives with a bit of the Chaos Wastes gamemode from Vermintide 2 sprinkled in. No classes/gear to start out a run, all four dwarves have like pickaxes and a basic weapon to start, and then you find new weapons/skills/perks during the 5-mission long chain to customize your character as things get harder. It's pretty light on details for right now, though, and doesn't have a demo or anything yet.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ah yes, Xi Jinping-ism

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Restarted Metroid Dread and got back to where I was with Kraid. Lol I am not good at this game but being Samus is so much fun.

I think I'm gonna sleep on it and whoop his rear end tomorrow.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

also incredible cyberpunk moment that i wish i was recording: overheard a guy talking on the phone and his side of the conversation was "yeah I slept in a big pipe, like from the sewer. yeah my backs all hosed up. slept fine though. had to wake up early cause yknow ive got the kid. yeah they say you cant get drunk if you have a kid but thats not true. its called being responsible."

There are lots of good random NPC dialogues in Cyberpunk

It's a good game, I'm kinda sad I basically exhausted it of content. No new builds to try that I'm interested in.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ichiban is the Hawaiian Lisan Al Gaib

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

lol that people hate 4 for having less story decisions because you can't reform the slavedriving MIT nerds. The only solution to ending slavery is spectacular violence. This is seen as a bad thing.

I like it when people actually have convictions and reasons for doing things, even evil reasons for evil things, and aren't swayed by a Sorkin speech to the path of light. Some characters should waver on a precipice and be pushed or saved by a word from the player, but others should just be dedicated to their cause

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RandomBlue posted:

Why did we skip from Fallout 4 to 76? What happened to the other 72?

What are you hiding Todd???
You mean other 71, surely?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Whirling posted:

it is funny to me that pillars of eternity 2 didn't let you reform a single faction in the game and everyone got super pissed at obsidian for making things "too dark"

The problem with PoE2 for me is that I didn't give a poo poo about saving the world or whatever because everybody sucked. I need at least one guy doing their best to make things better or the depression overtakes me. Eothas was right, free me from this world.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
America is filled with demons!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1786943490469077154?t=PTnZ19o4fY1FgQn-cQLJ4A&s=19

Things just keep coming up Todd

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Things just keep coming up Todd

:popeye: hell yeah baby

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna be amazing when gamers get their monkeypaw wish for no PSN account needed for Helldivers 2, but at the expense of Sony looking at the outcome and formally declaring that Bloodborne will never ever get a PC release.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sony again constantly loving up

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

that first point is wrong and unfortunately there's some incredibly stupid patient zero out there who saw a list of regions that included the isle of man, puerto rico and the american samoa and thought "yeah these are definitely countries" who 15000 people on reddit believed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

minishoot' adventures is pretty great so far. its lttp but twin stick shooter. good music. fun bullet hell. bright lttp style gfx but everyone is a spaceship.
would recommend.

External Organs posted:

Restarted Metroid Dread and got back to where I was with Kraid. Lol I am not good at this game but being Samus is so much fun.

I think I'm gonna sleep on it and whoop his rear end tomorrow.

mercury steam insists on fiddly and awkward controls and then nintendo qc looks at it and goes hmm no control style options at all? thats cool, ship it.
dread is better than returns remake in that regard but still weird.