Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Well it was either this or "Hey, remember how PoE2 is going to have way more 6L skills? Surprise!" and the latter has a 0.0000000001% chance of actually happening, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bugsy posted:

Oh, there are also stygian vises with an abyss sockets and 1 normal socket.

I think that's an item (that still exists in Standard) that resulted from a bug back in Abyss league. Nothing to do with the bug now

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

External Organs posted:

Racism against the meme museum imo

with as jacked up as this league has been, there will be plenty of insane BS for the meme museum still I am sure

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I actually managed to stay interested long enough to farm up enough tries to actually kill Maven for the first time this league, all thanks to the bullshit stuff.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The number of people in that thread crying to ban anyone who exploited the glitch is insane.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Frank Frank posted:

The number of people in that thread crying to ban anyone who exploited the glitch is insane.

I don't like it when people have fun, please make them as miserable as I am.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Frank Frank posted:

Oh I think I just pounced on the first one of them that appeared (must have been Doedre) which caused the monoliths to appear which made me..a lot slower which led to Shavronne nuking the poo poo out of me if I stood still for even a second. Shavronne seems to be the worst of them in terms of screen-filling spam bullshit.

Yeah, I recommend saving Doedre for last if possible. It can be hard to do because she's squishier but you really don't want to deal with the totems; they're the hardest part of the fight IMO.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Agree people are being babies, but it's kind of nuts to speculate on whether anyone figured this out earlier in the league and just kept that poo poo to themselves. AFAIK there's no indication that the bug was only recently introduced or anything. Got to imagine somebody figured this out week 1 and got to have the best league of their lives while having enough restraint to not throw their 6-link Squire on trade. And if that's true, good for them honestly.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it's a shame those 4 link Vorana's March are going to get nuked, would be fun to see if Arbalists are actually a terror with support gems

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://pobb.in/PBC2Hx0Kc-gw

This is where my archmage ball lightning build is at, and im not sure where to go from here.

I have a couple of options and each time i try to PoB them, they are fairly minor gains for whats starting to be pricey items.
I figure I can upgrade:
1) Boots
2) Ring
3) Belt

I eventually want to go eyes of the greatwolf with %attributes for my neck, but I dont have the raw strength and dex to make that viable just yet.

I have about 40d to play with now.

I still cant do the hinekora lock beast craft to really get my magic jewels going without spending stupid currency on them

I could get a better adorned I guess.

I just pinged 99 as well, so I have 2 skill points to play with as well. I could fill out my cluster a bit more which will get me some damage and resistance, but I dont think thats what im needing right now.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Any ideas for a bosser or something that can make use of awakened added cold damage?
been thinking about an ice trapper, i also got a badge of the brotherhood and some other stuff but no idea what could be a fun build.

So far ive been running an RF Chieftain and a holy relic guardian, but both have troubles blasting bosses (i failed on uber elder since i couldnt kill them before i was overwhelmed by stuff) and since im notoriously bad at maven something that kinda instaphases her would be nice.

Does ice trap hold up?
Any other ideas that arent necessarily ice trap or BotB, just anything really that is ssf- doable and melt bosses.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Poison SRS necro trivializes both of those bosses but doesn’t make use of awakened cold damage penetration

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Eh, I'd say Poison SRS is a good all-arounder, not necessarily a bosser. A bosser would be more like something that can insta-phase Ubers but dies to a stiff breeze.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

The absolute biggest thing I see here is your flasks. Three of your flask suffixes do nothing right now! You've got 3x ES leech flask suffixes, which doesn't work for two reasons: (1) you can't use the same flask suffix twice -- much less three times -- and (2) you're already at ES leech cap without flasks.

So that's 3 suffixes to work with for more evasion/move speed/curse effect/whatever.

Besides that, I would be saving for a Mageblood (you're halfway there!) and looking for a way to get chaos res capped without needing your belt -- boots are an obvious way to replace your belt's res but you're not quite there as-is.

Also if you go MB you can use an ele res flask suffix and then replace at least 1 of your ele res jewel suffixes.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Leaning towards ice trapper since its been ages ive played a proper trapper...

found this, does anyone use staves nowadays?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Alright, I think I've now actually pushed my Ice Nova Archmage build about as far as it can reasonably go:

https://pobb.in/iTMWOJJ_FwmT

Managed to crack 100M pinnacle DPS which was a big goal of mine. Also managed to get poison/bleed/stun/ailment immune and 90% crit "immune". The DPS could be pushed quite a bit further at the expense of defenses but without making that compromise the best improvements I can see are just slightly better magic jewels, marginally better wands, or a 200d Watcher's Eye.

Gonna see how deep I can take this build in Delve, then probably start a new character when my friend comes back from vacation on the 9th.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Alright, I think I've now actually pushed my Ice Nova Archmage build about as far as it can reasonably go:

https://pobb.in/iTMWOJJ_FwmT

Managed to crack 100M pinnacle DPS which was a big goal of mine. Also managed to get poison/bleed/stun/ailment immune and 90% crit "immune". The DPS could be pushed quite a bit further at the expense of defenses but without making that compromise the best improvements I can see are just slightly better magic jewels, marginally better wands, or a 200d Watcher's Eye.

Gonna see how deep I can take this build in Delve, then probably start a new character when my friend comes back from vacation on the 9th.

ok you win

game over

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there a way to clear harvest enchants off of your weapons? I was bored and fiddling around and added the attack speed harvest enchant since I didn't think the actual physical damage of my weapons came into play since I'm using splitting steel and not actually using melee. According to PoB, it does though so...how do I go about clearing off these enchants? I can't find a bench option for it. Doing some online searching someone said there's a "remove enchantment" option for 3 scours on one of the benches but I can't find it.

Since both weapons are unique can I just scour them regularly?

E: Apparently not. Hmm. This would be incredibly stupid if there's no way to remove it. Literally every other enchant in the game can be removed in one way or another.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 5, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Is there a way to clear harvest enchants off of your weapons? I was bored and fiddling around and added the attack speed harvest enchant since I didn't think the actual physical damage of my weapons came into play since I'm using splitting steel and not actually using melee. According to PoB, it does though so...how do I go about clearing off these enchants? I can't find a bench option for it. Doing some online searching someone said there's a "remove enchantment" option for 3 scours on one of the benches but I can't find it.

Since both weapons are unique can I just scour them regularly?

Just so you know for future reference the relevant tag that means the skill probably cares about your weapon is "Attack", not "Melee".

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goferchan posted:

Just so you know for future reference the relevant tag that means the skill probably cares about your weapon is "Attack", not "Melee".

Yeah I figured that out after I noticed the drastic DPS loss in PoB.

Ok so is there a way to remove these enchantments or am I just done for this league?
E: NM I found it. WHEW. Ok. For some reason "remove enchant" did not find it but "Remove enchantments" does. Regular bench, not harvest.

Next question: How do I accurately calculate my DPS in PoB? With PSRS it was easy (just set max number of skulls on the screen, add wither etc) but I have no idea how to calculate splitting steel/nimis/pierce.

Also the guy in my guide has "blade master" anointed on his amulet but looking at what that skill does, I'm not even sure how much of it I can use..
Blademaster is:
20% increased physical damage with swords (probably works)
Sword attacks deal 20% increased damage with ailments (I don't use ailments so this is useless)
8% increase in attack speed with swords (probably works)
+200 to accuracy rating with swords (you would THINK this works but PoB doesn't seem to think it makes a difference so idk)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 5, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What's your chance to hit? If it's already 100% adding accuracy won't help your DPS, but it will help you with that whole "I need less than this much life otherwise it'll gently caress up Precise Technique" thing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

What's your chance to hit? If it's already 100% adding accuracy won't help your DPS, but it will help you with that whole "I need less than this much life otherwise it'll gently caress up Precise Technique" thing.

No I mean it's not moving the accuracy numbers of my weapons at all in PoB with or without the enchant and I'm not sure why.

You would think it would add +200 to each weapon's accuracy, wouldn't it? Also apparently Precise Technique is disabled for my main hand r/n because I am now 3 hp over my accuracy lol. Probably just use one of those 5% accuracy tattoos to fix it but I'm confused because it wasn't like this yesterday. Ok I either tattooed over a dex node yesterday when I was reorganizing my passive tree or when I was optimizing gear rolls with blessed orbs/divines I lost a single dex point somehow putting me a whopping 3hp over my main hand's accuracy rating.

E: hmm I’m 2 passive nodes away from a jewel slot. Potentially I could give up a couple life nodes and find some fun unique jewel to plug in there too.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 5, 2024

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I admit I'm pretty new to endgame PoE but what is up with these loving robots in specific heists that can one shot you

I can have maxed resistances, max suppression, ~3000 health and 600 ES, and 12 levels on these rusty crushers but they have this quick energy blast which just loving one-shots me from full health

The only other time that has happened to me is if I have hosed up and gotten surrounded by 30 dudes or I have badly misjudged a rare enemy or something

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Meiteron posted:

I admit I'm pretty new to endgame PoE but what is up with these loving robots in specific heists that can one shot you

I can have maxed resistances, max suppression, ~3000 health and 600 ES, and 12 levels on these rusty crushers but they have this quick energy blast which just loving one-shots me from full health

The only other time that has happened to me is if I have hosed up and gotten surrounded by 30 dudes or I have badly misjudged a rare enemy or something

Those robots have 2 attacks:

One is a fast beam that travels across the screen and doesn’t hurt all that bad.

The second has a huge windup. They charge for a few seconds glowing red and then launch a huge slow moving ball that travels across the screen. Do not touch the ball. That one can absolutely one-shot you.

Also 3k hp / 600ES is a little on the low side. Any idea what your EHP is?

Anyway if you want to avoid the robots, just don’t take any heists in Tunnels or Repository. Looking at the wiki, they deal split damage between lightning and chaos. What does your chaos resist look like?

Post your PoB?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

To note about the slow moving laser ball attack in heist, it threw me off multiple times - it explodes at the end of its trajectory. The explosion graphic is very subtle but don't stand still just because it isn't quite aligned with you

A lot of heist stuff is also pretty deadly with map mods, you can run your contracts white and still get the same number of markers (or grand heist reward cases), the mods on it only give you chest loot and less alarm raised

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Those robots have 2 attacks:

One is a fast beam that travels across the screen and doesn’t hurt all that bad.

The second has a huge windup. They charge for a few seconds glowing red and then launch a huge slow moving ball that travels across the screen. Do not touch the ball. That one can absolutely one-shot you.

Also 3k hp / 600ES is a little on the low side. Any idea what your EHP is?

Anyway if you want to avoid the robots, just don’t take any heists in Tunnels or Repository. Looking at the wiki, they deal split damage between lightning and chaos. What does your chaos resist look like?

Post your PoB?

This is an export of where I'm at now which is using this Deadeye toxic rain build. I'm off a lot from the eHP of the actual final build and the gems aren't exact but that's mostly from gear which can be improved; I'm not looking at pinnacles yet.

It's not the slow attack that's getting me it's the very fast railgun thing where they just raise a hand, shoot a quick laser, and I fall over dead. It's very, very annoying. I was clearing out a level 74 quest heist and it still 1-tapped me.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Meiteron posted:

This is an export of where I'm at now which is using this Deadeye toxic rain build. I'm off a lot from the eHP of the actual final build and the gems aren't exact but that's mostly from gear which can be improved; I'm not looking at pinnacles yet.

It's not the slow attack that's getting me it's the very fast railgun thing where they just raise a hand, shoot a quick laser, and I fall over dead. It's very, very annoying. I was clearing out a level 74 quest heist and it still 1-tapped me.

You have 17k EHP. That is extremely low from what I’ve seen but I don’t know your build well. That said, anything dealing big chaos damage like that beam will likely delete you.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

You have 17k EHP. That is extremely low from what I’ve seen but I don’t know your build well. That said, anything dealing big chaos damage like that beam will likely delete you.

I used to have less! Working on it, though. I guess it does come down to a chaos damage issue but I had hoped the high resist I've put together would mitigate that.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Since your main defence outside of resist/ehp is evasion, you should probably get some "phys. damage taken as X/Y" on there.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Meiteron posted:

A few things stand out here:
- Your body armour is not great. Since you're suppression capped and res capped, your body armour effectively has one suffix, which is +4% to Lightning Res (crafted). What it doesn't have is Max Life, and your body armour is one of the best places to get that stat.
- Your gloves AND boots AND helmet also don't have Life. (!!!!!)
- Your flasks mostly don't have real suffixes or are badly rolled. You're using a hybrid flask in addition to a life flask, so you're down one whole utility flask and like 2 suffixes. You need evasion as a flask suffix for sure. 100 alts would give you multiple upgrades here. Also quality 20 (before rolling them) for more duration.
- Several of your jewels aren't pulling their weight. Your abyss jewel effectively has 1 mod and it's not the most important mod (+max life). The most important stats to get on your jewels are Life and (Chaos) Damage over Time Multiplier. Increased Damage over Time is comparatively not good.

E: AAAHHH and rings! Your rings also don't have Life! There's no Life on any of your gear besides your quiver and your belt! It's the most important defensive stat!

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 5, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also if you don't have life on your chest you should swap the "+50 maximum life" mastery for "+15% maximum life if there are no life modifiers on equipped body armor"

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Setec_Astronomy posted:

A few things stand out here:
- Your body armour is not great. Since you're suppression capped and res capped, your body armour effectively has one suffix, which is +4% to Lightning Res (crafted). What it doesn't have is Max Life, and your body armour is one of the best places to get that stat.
- Your gloves AND boots AND helmet also don't have Life. (!!!!!)
- Your flasks mostly don't have real suffixes or are badly rolled. You're using a hybrid flask in addition to a life flask, so you're down one whole utility flask and like 2 suffixes. You need evasion as a flask suffix for sure. 100 alts would give you multiple upgrades here. Also quality 20 (before rolling them) for more duration.
- Several of your jewels aren't pulling their weight. Your abyss jewel effectively has 1 mod and it's not the most important mod (+max life). The most important stats to get on your jewels are Life and (Chaos) Damage over Time Multiplier. Increased Damage over Time is comparatively not good.

E: AAAHHH and rings! Your rings also don't have Life! There's no Life on any of your gear besides your quiver and your belt! It's the most important defensive stat!

I appreciate this because I've been trying to figure out next steps and this gives me a few things to focus on. Flasks will be easy fixes mostly and I guess I'll have to juggle some stuff around to fit life in; that's already been a challenge since usually changing any one piece breaks resistances, but I'll figure it out.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

Meiteron posted:

that's already been a challenge since usually changing any one piece breaks resistances, but I'll figure it out.

The harvest crafting bench (Horticrafting Station) has options for changing around elemental resistance types to a similar tier, making it a lot easier to change gear around.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
One change I would like to see for next league is for normal bosses to drop 1 of their uber shards. Would make running normal shaper and such more worthwhile.

e: also we need uber uber atziri

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 5, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
200% damage reflect let’s goooo.

Incidentally, now that I fixed my damage not even Sybil and the reflect pantheon can save me. I just die instantly the moment I run up against something that doesn’t die in one salvo of SS

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Frank Frank posted:

200% damage reflect let’s goooo

oh so you're also doing back to basics

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
For a while on my last character I was using awakened elemental damage on attacks to get reflect immunity and forgot that only applied to my primary linked ability. so on B2B reflect maps I would try to leap slam into a pack and immediately splat. Took me a little bit of frustration to figure that one out.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

RandomBlue posted:

oh so you're also doing back to basics

No I was commenting on Uber Uber Atziri.

I’m happily running legion/incursion with scarab and necropolis stuff mixed in. SS is fantastic for 5 way runs

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The greatest loss felt from the removal of sextants was the ability to easily negate reflect, a mod that probably doesn't need to exist in the game, no equipping a cheap that which was taken to become reflect immune either for a map or atziri fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The greatest loss felt from the removal of sextants was the ability to easily negate reflect, a mod that probably doesn't need to exist in the game, no equipping a cheap that which was taken to become reflect immune either for a map or atziri fight.

With my current damage (no idea what it is but it’s likely decently high) I can manage Uber atziri if I’m very careful during the phase where she splits into 4 copies. Because of the way ss works and since nimis makes it impossible to aim, it’s entirely possible for one bad attack to deal too much damage and just instantly kill me if it hits too many monsters.

Can anyone help me configure PoB for damage so I can actually figure out what my DPS actually is? With PSRS it wasn’t bad because you just configure SRS to the number of active spirits, throw in wither etc. I have no idea to account for fury valve, nimis and pierce