Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PatMarshall
Apr 6, 2009

Congrats Zoeb! OMG smif, they don't even know what type of entity they are? Yikes. Let me know if you are interested in public, I can reach out to some people at Deloitte, PwC, EY, CohnReznick, etc. Also sorry Annointed, sounds like you've been going through it. AR and AP are tough jobs, there's no sugar coating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Congrats Zoeb! OMG smif, they don't even know what type of entity they are? Yikes. Let me know if you are interested in public, I can reach out to some people at Deloitte, PwC, EY, CohnReznick, etc. Also sorry Annointed, sounds like you've been going through it. AR and AP are tough jobs, there's no sugar coating it.

Question how best to ask people why they take weeks to pay off invoices? It seems a lot of places just want to skimp on payments.

PatMarshall
Apr 6, 2009

Don't ask, there's no reason that matters. Just remind them the bill is due and you're not going to give up. That's all. They'll pay or they won't, but they can't ignore it if you make an issue of it. I hate this btw and can't stand this part of the job. But this is my own work I'm collecting and I get like 30 percent in pocket so you might want to find a better job depending on what they're paying you. You're cpa eligible right?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Don't ask, there's no reason that matters. Just remind them the bill is due and you're not going to give up. That's all. They'll pay or they won't, but they can't ignore it if you make an issue of it. I hate this btw and can't stand this part of the job. But this is my own work I'm collecting and I get like 30 percent in pocket so you might want to find a better job depending on what they're paying you. You're cpa eligible right?

I mean I still need hours from a cpa first.

Right now I get paid 30k a year, 21.50 an hour for 32.5 hours a weei.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 5, 2024

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Annointed posted:

Congratulations! I hope you got paid a living wage!

It's probably better if I don't tell you exactly what it is but I do get paid a living wage, albeit not as much as I might get at an accounting firm but the hours are fantastic. Solid 40 hours a week with no overtime and a nice chair.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Zoeb posted:

It's probably better if I don't tell you exactly what it is but I do get paid a living wage, albeit not as much as I might get at an accounting firm but the hours are fantastic. Solid 40 hours a week with no overtime and a nice chair.

The nice chair is very important. I been in two car accidents and am laden with chronic lower back pain, having a cozy desk is important to reduce strain.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Great now have a client that needs to be sued because they actively shut out my calls and mails.

PatMarshall
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, it's normal. Send it to collections, you did what you could. Sometimes it's a risk, I work with a lot of early stage funds, sometimes they fail and we get stiffed. Or flakes, that also happens, get what they need and disappear. I collect retainers these days.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PatMarshall posted:

Yeah, it's normal. Send it to collections, did what you could. Sometimes it's a risk, I work with a lot of early stage funds, sometimes they fail and we get stiffed. Or flakes, that also happens, get what they need and disappear. I collect retainers these days.

Good news I got all the dipshits to cough up checks or at least say they'll pay their overrdues.

Recover lost data of invoices

And yell at boss to get off his lazy rear end and go overr bank records of lost checks. It his business why the gently caress is he not on top of this before I arrived

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Annointed posted:

And yell at boss to get off his lazy rear end and go overr bank records of lost checks. It his business why the gently caress is he not on top of this before I arrived

"I'm the ideas guy, not the details guy"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

get used to it is my advice. I just walked four directors (including mine), a VP and someone on another team but one position higher than me through what a gain is going to look like and in the meeting today was l pretty much saying "I'm booking this how I think it should go, if anybody expects or wants something different then let me know" and got radio silence. My best guess at this point is that if you don't give any input you don't gently caress up which apparently is some terminally grave mistake I guess?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Market's been weird. I've been out of work for a couple months (longest ever since graduation) holding out for a job offer that didn't have a glaring red flag, and all of a sudden I'm on three different interview tracks and all of them sound A+ and headed towards imminent offers with great compensation. I'm relatively sure I'm going to get offers from all 3, or at worst 2/3, and all of them sound like good fits. This is a welcome change of pace since I was starting to get slightly worried the world had shifted under my feet and my wife was starting to get mildly annoyed with me getting drunk on a random Tuesday playing Yakuza or whatever.

Tempted to play the offers against each other but I probably shouldn't push my luck and be happy with my sudden windfall of opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Boss
Sure threaten to write me up for "being on phone" when I been bugging hour rear end to start dealing with your clients when they refuse to speak to me while doing all the tasks. For fucks sake just stop putting off your part of the tasks or we are never getting them done.

I normally am not irritated with my boss but with him pestering me to get all these clients to pay overdues, but him knuckle dragging on the stuff that requires his input just pisses me off.

Bruh
Quickbooks online does invoice no of last transaction regardless of client
Quickbooks online won't pull up entire overdues past 12 months

Now a client only paid half of a month overdue invoice.

??????????

Annointed fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 15, 2024