Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/MetroBoomin/status/1787038173501039095

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

it is absolutely loving insane he made a certified club banger that repeatedly calls people out as pedophiles directly. One of the craziest things to shake your rear end too in the club lmao

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Anyone know why 6:16 in LA isn't on streaming services? Unable to get sample clearance?

Google Butt posted:

it is absolutely loving insane he made a certified club banger that repeatedly calls people out as pedophiles directly. One of the craziest things to shake your rear end too in the club lmao

Somehow I feel like K-Dot is all too aware of this possibility and it makes him laugh. Or I hope, or something.

BrainDance posted:

HIPAA is for doctors and other people working in healthcare with your medical records, it doesn't stop anyone else from doing anything.

Oh okay, fair enough, thanks for the clarification!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dexo posted:

If Family Matters wasn't instantly undercut it probably would have hit pretty hard.

But then yeah Kendrick just loving smothered it.

The problem is even if you don't already like Drake, his songs are loving "drop it like it's hot" style booty music that makes the matter feel less serious. Saying one of Kendrick's sons isn't actually his in a worldwide music release means you're causing kids to eventually ask their mom if one of them has another dad; you should treat it with the seriousness it deserves and not "uh uhhh, your baby moms a hoe, shake it shake it shake it real slow" style TikTok dance bullshit. On top of which, you're calling him a domestic abuser seems less serious when you're practically calling her a hoe minutes earlier. His whole track has this sneering "see, you're the hypocrite and therefore I win" bullshit that values 'the game'; like his status as a winner is the more important part of the picture and the lives being impacted are just background filler.

Meanwhile, you can believe that Kendrick's invention style "please, get some help before they put you away" stuff is disingenuous if you want, but (at least on the glove tracks) he's running down Drake's world sounding absolutely disgusted with how vile the subject is. Battle rap is generally not club friendly, although his producers have done an incredible job trying to make it work (I kind of want an instrumental version of 6:16 to chill out to.)

Some of this comes down to generational stuff and "old rap" versus modern, TikTok-era stuff that emphasizes fast hooks. But if you're damaging families it seems very weird to try to make meme fuel out of it. Euphoria was meme fuel but it also stayed in the lane of stuff everybody already knew.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 5, 2024

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Drake is a sociopath who is obsessed with his pride so that’s probably correct (and also why it’s so funny to see him get clowned on constantly)

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

The problem is even if you don't already like Drake, his songs are loving "drop it like it's hot" style booty music that makes the matter feel less serious. Saying one of Kendrick's sons isn't actually his in a worldwide music release means you're causing kids to eventually ask their mom if one of them has another dad; you should treat it with the seriousness it deserves and not "uh uhhh, your baby moms a hoe, shake it shake it shake it real slow" style TikTok dance bullshit. On top of which, you're calling him a domestic abuser seems less serious when you're practically calling her a hoe minutes earlier. His whole track has this sneering "see, you're the hypocrite and therefore I win" bullshit that values 'the game'; like his status as a winner is the more important part of the picture and the lives being impacted are just background filler.

Meanwhile, you can believe that Kendrick's invention style "please, get some help before they put you away" stuff is disingenuous if you want, but (at least on the glove tracks) he's running down Drake's world sounding absolutely disgusted with how vile the subject is. Battle rap is generally not club friendly, although his producers have done an incredible job trying to make it work (I kind of want an instrumental version of 6:16 to chill out to.)

Some of this comes down to generational stuff and "old rap" versus modern, TikTok-era stuff that emphasizes fast hooks. But if you're damaging families it seems very weird to try to make meme fuel out of it. Euphoria was meme fuel but it also stayed in the lane of stuff everybody already knew.

Honestly, the music video for it is pretty loving cringey too. Half the music video is the filming of a gkmc like Dodge Caravan being towed to a junkyard and then being crushed.

Like whoa Drake what a crazy deep metaphor crushing Kendrick whoaaaaa :rolleyes:

pliable fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 5, 2024

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

kendrick is from the era of battle rap where you don't stop till you're out of bars, drake was never winning this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no drop it like it's hot slander ITT :blastu:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

pliable posted:

Anyone know why 6:16 in LA isn't on streaming services? Unable to get sample clearance?

clearing al green samples is fuckin impossible, yeah

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
so the icons on ovo hq mean one for each sex offender?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

L.A. must be going off bumping this right now

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no drop it like it's hot slander ITT :blastu:

It was a comparison of cadence and repetition, full credit to Snoop for being original since this is what a quarter of the business does now.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

studio mujahideen posted:

clearing al green samples is fuckin impossible, yeah

oh i thought i read somewhere that it was an "al green-esque" sample, not actual al green, but that makes sense.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s also an Al Green song Drake’s uncle played guitar on

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

pliable posted:

oh i thought i read somewhere that it was an "al green-esque" sample, not actual al green, but that makes sense.

It's this, specifically.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Should've just used AI Green instead

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s also an Al Green song Drake’s uncle played guitar on

Ohhhh gently caress that's right too :doh: one of my bffs told me that. It's been a doozy of a week y'all lol (this beef + my own poo poo).

Aye yo I'm liking and subscribing to this poo poo, this is awesome, thank you!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

emptyrave posted:

So is it actually worth listening to 16 minutes of Drake being dissed and trying to dissect all the lyrics lol. I don't care about him but everyone in the kendrick subreddit is acting like this is the greatest rap beef of all time and this latest one is the most "vicious diss ever zomg kendrick is willing to die for this I cant".

I can't help but feel like people just miss the first season of True Detective and solving a puzzle with other people, and that even if all this was about Lil Mosey everyone would still be going nuts over it. Or maybe I'm missing out on the most epic Wheelchair Jimmy disses.

euphoria is my favorite song-as-song i have heard in literally years i think fully outside the context of the beef

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

xbilkis posted:

If you think those aged poorly in retrospect pay a revisit to Taylor Made Freestyle

AI Pac said "we need a no-debated West Coast victory" and Kendrick listened.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
They Not Like Us is loving fun as hell. Some top notch hating.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
this whole thing has been worth it solely for "tryin to strike a chord and it's probably A minorrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

can't remember the last time a song made me laugh that hard, just incredible

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Kendrick took 17 days to respond because at 18 Drake stops caring.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
https://x.com/MetroBoomin/status/1787034443972035036

Don't ever try to judge me, dude
You don't know what the gently caress I've been through
But I know something about you.......

Craptacular! posted:

Kendrick took 17 days to respond because at 18 Drake stops caring.

Hahahah

https://x.com/DMile85/status/1786975820491509909

Topical!

(It's actually A flat minor but that's probably one of Drakes preferences)

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 5, 2024

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Barry Bluejeans posted:

this whole thing has been worth it solely for "tryin to strike a chord and it's probably A minorrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

can't remember the last time a song made me laugh that hard, just incredible

kendrick would have been the king of helldump

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1787103206364905812

Lmao Vlad continuing to show he's the feds

Tryijg to get a black woman fired for saying he needs to stay out of black folks business because his lame rear end complained about the mix.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/johndav_iD/status/1786934494965977090

quote:

Katt Williams said, "Get you the truth," so I'ma get mines
The Embassy 'bout to get raided, too, it's only a matter of time
Ayy, LeBron, keep the family away, hey, Curry, keep the family away
To anybody that embody the love for they kids, keep the family away
They lookin' at you too if you standin' by him, keep the family away

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

woke up singin do do DO do

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
BBL DRIZZZAYYYYY

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Metro is going scorched earth rn

https://twitter.com/MetroBoomin/status/1787025775280955578

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Went for a walk and listened to all these disses chronologically again and threw in "The Story of Adidon" too and just made stank faces.
Kind of had forgotten how mean Push got on that track, six goddamn years ago.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

BBL DRIZZZAYYYYY

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this whole thing is wild. cant even picture how it's gonna end

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this whole thing is wild. cant even picture how it's gonna end

drake budd dwyer'ing himself on kai cenat's stream

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lol respect at metro comin in 3 weeks late like scrappy doo on drakes corpse

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1787111257197232242

https://twitter.com/Freak_NIk/status/1787111892080635915

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

His production sounds like poo poo though in that it’s too slick for the subject matter. Meet the Graham’s sounds genuinely grimy and unease inducing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

massive spider posted:

His production sounds like poo poo though in that it’s too slick for the subject matter. Meet the Graham’s sounds genuinely grimy and unease inducing.

The point of this track was to mock the people that were saying that you can't throw rear end to his previous tracks

And now niggas in LA and around the country are gonna be C walking to Kendrick calling Drake a Pedo all summer.

https://twitter.com/Akademiks/status/1787110058758656432

Like this nigga realizes Drake is cooked. and he is drake's biggest dickrider, and might as well be on his payroll

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
god I literally learned of Ak's existence about 3 days ago but he might be the most cringiest motherfucker I have ever seen on the internet.

And monkeu was just in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheBaddestMitch/status/1787120571186090386