Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grum
May 7, 2007
When mixed with sugar and dried, it is a potentially entertaining source of triboluminescence, for example by crushing Wint-O-Green Life Savers in a dark room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

theres a spring in the toaster, salami usually pops out too but we dont call it pop salami do we

pop tarts were "invented" with the idea that you could quickly get a warm pastry in the morning by simply putting them into a toaster. i don't think there was particularly much variety in the early days, probably just strawberry, cherry, and blueberry. the wide selections of flavors and different frostings and poo poo is fairly recent because pop tarts, like everything else in america, has a weird cult following now

prefect posted:

pop tarts should not be as horrifically dry as they are

but they re

they don't think it be like it is, but it do

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Carthag Tuek posted:

theres a spring in the toaster, salami usually pops out too but we dont call it pop salami do we

I do

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
pop tarts weren’t even first - there was a predecessor competitor called country square

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7N2lpJYarq4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Soricidus posted:

white food culture is one of the areas where the usa’s british roots are most visible

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Branch Nvidian posted:

the wide selections of flavors and different frostings and poo poo is fairly recent because pop tarts, like everything else in america, has a weird cult following now
also companies stopped introducing new products with new brands, choosing instead to build new flavors and variants and extensions on top of their current brands

if you are the snickers corporation and you want to launch a new "peanut brownie" flavored candy bar, it makes much more sense to just make a "snickers: peanut brownie" bar and draft off of snickers already existing brand value than to try and launch it as a new product with a new name and a new brand

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

pop tarts are sweetened, mass-produced bits of garbage that we give to kids to get them to shut up for a bit. i would be shocked if this concept didn't exist in basically every country to some extent.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
wait hold on, salami in a toaster?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

holy gently caress thats good pepperoni

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The origin of happy numbers is not clear. Happy numbers were brought to the attention of Reg Allenby (a British author and senior lecturer in pure mathematics at Leeds University) by his daughter, who had learned of them at school. However, they "may have originated in Russia" (Guy 2004:§E34).

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

AnoHito posted:

pop tarts are sweetened, mass-produced bits of garbage that we give to kids to get them to shut up for a bit. i would be shocked if this concept didn't exist in basically every country to some extent.

they tried to release pop tarts in the UK in the 90s but idk if we have more powerful toasters or our population are idiots or what but people were accidentally getting them incredibly hot inside and getting burns, so that and a minor junk food panic saw them vanish

I guess you can probably get them now though idk

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

toaster strudels are better than pop tarts in every way. they're actually somewhat flaky and chewy, the inside is more tart and less sweet, and you can apply as little or as much icing as you prefer.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

cross posting from cjs because we’re talking about pastries/pop-tarts

I’m watching this bizarre jerry seinfeld “unfrosted” movie about pop tarts, and a dumpster labeled “219” got dumped into a trash truck labeled “420.”

who here wrote this poo poo? is jerry loving seinfeld here?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

polyester concept posted:

toaster strudels are better than pop tarts in every way. they're actually somewhat flaky and chewy, the inside is more tart and less sweet, and you can apply as little or as much icing as you prefer.

I was never able to figure out the magic toaster setting that made toaster strudel come out nice and hot inside while not destroyed outside, but frankly my toasters have always sucked

It's much harder to gently caress up a pop tart, aside from the time that half the pop tart fell into the toaster body somehow??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Branch Nvidian posted:

What's the deal with Unfrosted? :jerry:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Antivehicular posted:

I was never able to figure out the magic toaster setting that made toaster strudel come out nice and hot inside while not destroyed outside, but frankly my toasters have always sucked

It's much harder to gently caress up a pop tart, aside from the time that half the pop tart fell into the toaster body somehow??

you ever notice that the 2nd run of toast through a toaster always comes out better? you gotta turn the heat down a bit and then do an empty cycle to preheat it for the real thing.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh Christ do I need to pre-game my strudel toasting

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
y'all have toasters that let you turn down the heat and not just the time?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In October 2002, four months before the US invasion of Iraq, Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan suggested U.S. President George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein settle their difference in a duel.[55] He reasoned this would not only serve as an alternative to a war that was certain to damage Iraq's infrastructure,[56] but that it would also reduce the suffering of the Iraqi and American peoples. Ramadan's offer included the possibility that a group of US officials would face off with a group of Iraqi officials of same or similar rank (President v. President, Vice President v. Vice President, etc.). Ramadan proposed that the duel be held in a neutral land, with each party using the same weapons, and with UN Secretary General Kofi Annan presiding as the supervisor. On behalf of President Bush, White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer declined the offer.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

W is a monster but if that actually happened my money would've been on him. iirc dude is the only president to throw a strike as a ceremonial first pitch

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Pakled posted:

Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan suggested U.S. President George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein settle their difference in a duel. .... Ramadan's offer included the possibility that a group of US officials would face off with a group of Iraqi officials of same or similar rank (President v. President, Vice President v. Vice President, etc.).

this guy just wanted to punch dick cheney lol

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Pakled posted:

In October 2002, four months before the US invasion of Iraq, Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan suggested U.S. President George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein settle their difference in a duel.[55] He reasoned this would not only serve as an alternative to a war that was certain to damage Iraq's infrastructure,[56] but that it would also reduce the suffering of the Iraqi and American peoples. Ramadan's offer included the possibility that a group of US officials would face off with a group of Iraqi officials of same or similar rank (President v. President, Vice President v. Vice President, etc.). Ramadan proposed that the duel be held in a neutral land, with each party using the same weapons, and with UN Secretary General Kofi Annan presiding as the supervisor. On behalf of President Bush, White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer declined the offer.

lol sick

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cactus Ghost posted:

W is a monster but if that actually happened my money would've been on him. iirc dude is the only president to throw a strike as a ceremonial first pitch

saddam would hands down beat the poo poo out of any post ww1 us president in one on one combat. and i'm not sure how well teddy would have fared either.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Their products and services are of astonishingly high quality to the point that people unaware of their practices are often subjected to problematic situations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Tamsyn Muir's Locked Tomb series of novels are suffused with references to internet memes, including None Pizza with Left Beef.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

One common ending has Little Bunny Foo Foo turned into a goon, with a pun ending "And the moral of the story is: Hare today, goon tomorrow."[5][6][7]

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Midjack posted:

saddam would hands down beat the poo poo out of any post ww1 us president in one on one combat. and i'm not sure how well teddy would have fared either.

maybe, idk anything about the late hussein's fighting prowess. but twenty years of living luxuriously had to have taken its toll. does wiki say anything about his training regimen

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Thornton is a self-described Brony, a male fan of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.[58]

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The ability to easily manipulate with images and videos combined with ease of the dissemination of them via the Internet introduced new forms of graphical humor, such as lolcats, demotivators, and funny animations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

According to Billboard, the song is about sex.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it’s true, there were no funny animations before the internet

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

In the comic crossover X-Men/Star Trek: Second Contact, the X-Men work with the crew of the Enterprise-E to battle Kang the Conqueror. An away team composed of Captain Picard, Deanna Troi, Nightcrawler and Colossus encounter an approximation of the "Days of Future Past" timeline, in which the Sentinels have merged with the Borg.[volume & issue needed]

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Midjack posted:

According to Billboard, the song is about sex.

hosed up if true

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Steve Irwin loved mixed martial arts competitions and trained with Greg Jackson in the fighting/grappling system of Gaidojutsu

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The figurines are used as a good luck charm in the hope of becoming rich,[1][12] as well as good luck charms by football fans who then blame Jews if their team loses.[9][10]

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

"Befuddled goalkeeper"

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Oil_Corporation

quote:

The corporate logo featured the silhouette of a large green Apatosaurus dinosaur, based on the then-common idea that oil deposits beneath the earth came from the dead bodies of dinosaurs.
[...]
Sinclair has long been a fixture on American roads with its dinosaur logo and mascot, a Brontosaurus.
I find this inconsistency infuriating.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
good thing it’s the Wikipedia anyone can edit

(those bits were probably written years apart, paleontologists went back and forth on what to call it a couple of times)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the silhouette is supposed to be an apatosaurus, but the artist was confused and drew a brontosaurus.