Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

feelix posted:

HGTTG isn't very good. Source: I read it for the first time recently as an adult without nostalgia and it's unfunny lolrandom humor. I understand that it basically invented lolrandom humor but is that really a good thing?

I've tried a couple of times to read it now, and it's just dull, boring and unfunny. And I've got very low standards for reading material.

I see why muskie would love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kazil posted:

Elon Musk liked this post

"Has anyone ever been given an opportunity to vote for this?"

Yes, mate. In all of those elections.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

some fuckin blasphemers in here

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/nataliesqrl/status/1786942582062449005?t=ve6jf7ldyR1UTdzVhqZ5Nw&s=19

Elon got called a transphobic slur lol

Once Elon see this, there will be two ban worthy slurs on twitter

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
HHGTG is fine it's just young adult fiction

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

tak posted:

HHGTG is fine it's just young adult fiction

It literally isn't because that term means something (young protagonist)

Not everything has to be Wuthering Heights, Jesus Christ

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

kazil posted:

Elon Musk liked this post

The Birmingham mayor (West Midlands) is Richard Parker. Not a muslim. And Tracy Babin is the mayor of Leeds (West Yorkshire). Not a muslim. I guess with this being reposted by Elon and the recent Trump post about London/Paris, the latest bit of misinformation attack on the right is going to be some sort of panic about Western Europe despite literal evidence to the contrary from people who actually live in these cities.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Hgttg is mostly ok but it is laced with the inescapable racism inherent in an Englishman born in the 40s or 50s. I threw the audiobook on while spring cleaning last week and he's about 2 gin and tonics away from breaking out the calipers and doing some phrenology within the first two chapters (all the weird Mongol racial memory poo poo etc).

I imagine that if your internal voice is American it would come across as grating lolrandom poo poo though.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/nataliesqrl/status/1786942582062449005?t=ve6jf7ldyR1UTdzVhqZ5Nw&s=19

Elon got called a transphobic slur lol

Full circle (spoiled for slur)

Urban Dictionary posted:

Troon

A derogatory term, usually applied to transgender women, that implies both that they are their assigned gender at birth and that they are misappropriating transgender identities; similarly to the word 'trender.' A portmanteau of 'trans' and 'goon.'
It's an extremely online word and it's origins can be traced back to Something Awful forums.

Flakey fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 5, 2024

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

sebmojo posted:

Aliens also ripped off a bunch of video games imo

:mods:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
HHTTG is good actually.

Flakey posted:

Full circle (spoiled for slur)

SA has given so much to the world.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 5, 2024

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

no low ball

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

ultrabindu posted:

no low ball

Panel gaps looking better already, must've fixed the production line

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I guess he was at something called "American Express Presents CARBONE BEACH" in Miami last night.
I don't know too much about the event, but Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump were there, so of course he was too I guess.

I know were at dinner but hold on, I've got to quick post some dank memes and racist poo poo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol, years after peterson had any relevance to anyone. But yeah petersons waffling pseudo-intellectual bigoted bs is pretty much perfectly tailored for musk.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well, they're both drug addicts who've fried their brains.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon just wants to know where to find the best milking machines

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How the gently caress was he not already?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Musk does look a lot more like a crab than most people

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Kit Walker posted:

Carcinification continues to be a proven phenomena of evolution, checkmate libs !!!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Hi uhhhhhhhh can I buy you a horse amd/or fertilize you?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cosmik Slop posted:

"I also have some horse tranquilizers if you're into that sort of thing."

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
"They're also useful for if you're not"

Okay, back on topic, what's the word on the upper level people that left tesla? Have any of them said anything fun yet?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

"They're also useful for if you're not"

Okay, back on topic, what's the word on the upper level people that left tesla? Have any of them said anything fun yet?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7191105498446716928/

Nothing too fun, more along the lines of, "Grateful for my time there, excited for the next chapter, good luck to my former colleagues." I suspect they don't want to burn bridges.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Cosmik Slop posted:

"How are your long gametes?"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those executive didn't become executives by making GBS threads on their former employers in public, you won't hear anything.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

notwithoutmyanus posted:

"How are your long gametes?"

I wonder if Elon is a telomeres guy

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Kingo Ligma posted:

Hgttg is mostly ok but it is laced with the inescapable racism inherent in an Englishman born in the 40s or 50s. I threw the audiobook on while spring cleaning last week and he's about 2 gin and tonics away from breaking out the calipers and doing some phrenology within the first two chapters (all the weird Mongol racial memory poo poo etc).

I imagine that if your internal voice is American it would come across as grating lolrandom poo poo though.

When a satirist goes on about something, it isn’t generally because they’re endorsing the concept. I don’t think Douglas Adam’s was a proponent of racial memory and was in fact pissing all over it by putting Genghis Kahn in the subconscious of a petty English bureaucrat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kit Walker posted:

How dare you slander our evolutionary betters

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JaredKushnerEmittingScreech.jpg

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Hearing a lot of excuses for why the lolrandom book is actually good and it's totally not because you read it as a teen

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

feelix posted:

Hearing a lot of excuses for why the lolrandom book is actually good and it's totally not because you read it as a teen

My first experience with it was the original radio play in my mid twenties, and didn’t read the books until a couple years later. Last book sucks, others ok, but the radio play trumps all.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you're looking for books you loved as a teen/early 20's but find incredibly terrible now, check out anything by Tom Robbins.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i can't believe this account is allowed to exist -- posting elon's assassination cyber-coordinates like that

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

feelix posted:

I read HGTTG as a teen and thought it sucked then. :colbert:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
it's a book for boomers

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Animorphs was based and continues to be even if it ended on a cliffhanger

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I find Voyage to the Bunny Planet to be puerile, infantile, and underdeveloped. Where is the character development? Complexity? Beautiful wordplay? It is also far too short to tell a satisfying story with varying character arcs. Don’t waste your time unless you’re an actual child. 1/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

please mr. musk, sign me up to buy 4 of these
https://twitter.com/Tesla_Optimus/status/1787027808436330505