Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

oh god the bald bar

That whole section of the game is so good. So many cool little things all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

radda radda mobile division, eat my shorts

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Rhonne posted:

I'm glad they took the time to model the 7th Infantry actually marching and following you around the shopping center.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I saw the phrase "Larboard Junon" and I immediately know the vile Christopher Michael Koji Fox had his Simpson quoting fingers here

There are also parts where they use “Star” to mean “planet” like in FFXIV (and also like in Japanese where they’re the same word). I really enjoy that—somehow when that’s brought over into English it sounds fantastical and archaic in a really fun way.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
God drat. Send in the clowns is no joke. So if I lower the battle difficulty down to easy that helps right? It’s the very last quest I have to do before going back and finishing this thing out. I’m just being stubborn about completionism at this point ha ha.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
most of the side activities are affected by the difficulty setting

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I liked the model kits of the cannon. Nice nod to the 1/64 SOLDIER item

Though I have to dock a point for giving Aerith a gun and not having her shoot the gun

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 4, 2024

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Toastymcfly posted:

God drat. Send in the clowns is no joke. So if I lower the battle difficulty down to easy that helps right? It’s the very last quest I have to do before going back and finishing this thing out. I’m just being stubborn about completionism at this point ha ha.

Which phase are you stuck on? Safety bits or karmic cowl can help with tonberries. Sleep, slow, stop can help with jokers and frog or a bit.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

if I just hit the trials in ch 13 about how many hours do I have left? just trying to gauge if I can bash the rest of this out in one sitting

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

robot roll call posted:

if I just hit the trials in ch 13 about how many hours do I have left? just trying to gauge if I can bash the rest of this out in one sitting

Like... 4-ish hours maybe?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

awesome, thank you

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The first time Dio shows up is so loving fun.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

So are all the other times tbh.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Thanks for the tips and help. I just turned it down to easy for it and honestly, no shame ha ha. I’m almost at 100 hours and I was so close to finishing all side quests I just wanted it over.

This game is fantastic. It hits such a perfect mix of goofy and serious and a hit of nostalgia as well. There were some places that were just overloaded with mini games (the costa Del sol mini games were a little silly next to the to golden saucer for instance). However, most of them can just be looked up on how to do them, which is what I chose to do once I started slowing down on enjoying the mini games ha ha.

I’m excited to finally be done (just got to the start chapter 13), but still I’m sad that this is the end of the game. I know there’s still like 10 hours of gameplay left, but the ride has been so fantastic up to this point.

For chapter 3, honestly I do hope the tune down the mini game stuff. I thought the world intel stuff was great, could be done quick enough, and besides Chadley stopping everything every 5 seconds, I found pretty fun. Man oh man though, there are a lot of mini games, even as someone who enjoyed most of them. Luckily most of them are VERY forgiving, but still. A lot of the time I just wanted to get back to adventuring with the pals! They absolutely nailed everyone’s personality traits in this game!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kyrie is so loving funny bro

E: WHO THE gently caress WAS THAT

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU TWO HRE

E2: Karen XIII

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 5, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress THIS PIECE OF poo poo CARD GAME

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Waffleman_ posted:

It’s extremely good, though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm sure it is, but it's never fun for me! I always have to play a duel like 3 times!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

spoken like a third-rate duelist with a fourth-rate deck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay the card game is good now [won easily a couple times]

E: jeeeeeeeesus christ

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Card game rules and the payoff for the tournament is amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This game is kinda giving Infinite Wealth a run for its money comedy-wise

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
they should make queen's blood a real tcg

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Willo567 posted:

Especially if they only make one Shadowblood Queen card and it actually kills you

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Willo567 posted:

How long until they made a dedicated queen's blood mode for XIV?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

this piece of poo poo...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Augus posted:

spoken like a third-rate duelist with a fourth-rate deck

i was really glad, in the JP dub, that Dyne had Seto Kaiba's VO

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Especially if they only make one Shadowblood Queen card and it actually kills you

As long as they telegraph that you need a totally different deck and strategy.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I actually got really lucky and beat the final QB opponent with a normal deck and the basic rushdown strategy on the first try, and I was genuinely confused.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I beat the last QB fight pretty easily with the Tonberry/Joker/Mindflayer deck I'd been running for most of the game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I looked up an easy deck/strategy for the last match and have no shame about it given how much the opponent cheats.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

stev posted:

I looked up an easy deck/strategy for the last match and have no shame about it given how much the opponent cheats.

same, QB rules but there's so much of it I stopped actually trying to deckbuild myself around Nightmarish Survival

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was a fun bit of whiplash having fun with a Yu-Gi-Oh arc and then Oh Right, The Plot Of FF7

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Waffleman_ posted:

It was a fun bit of whiplash having fun with a Yu-Gi-Oh arc and then Oh Right, The Plot Of FF7

They're the same thing

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Augus posted:

I beat the last QB fight pretty easily with the Tonberry/Joker/Mindflayer deck I'd been running for most of the game.

I went from hard capparwire and shina trooper push strategies to rictus and gi nattak and broke 50.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gi Nattak is my homeboy. Dope card, dope boss, dope voice.

Somebody please give my homeboy the sweet release of death. :smith:

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Augus posted:

Yeah that deck seems to hard counter the final match it wasn't even all that close. I did slot the emerald whatever card into my deck but it was the king tonberries that carried.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ror posted:

Gi Nattak is my homeboy. Dope card, dope boss, dope voice.

Somebody please give my homeboy the sweet release of death. :smith:

Honestly same for Seto. At least Gi Nattak can walk around.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
This is a minor complaint, but am I the only one who is kind of irked that(ending spoiler) Barret is being kind of a jerk about Cloud with regards to his mental instability? Barret was willing to still believe that Dyne wasn't a crazy murderer despite clearly acting mentally unstable and forgives him even after Dyne tried to kill him and told him to live with the guilt of the Corel reactor blowing up and Shinra burning the town. Meanwhile, he keeps telling the group about how unstable Cloud is becoming and barely trusts him anymore by the end and looks at Cloud like he's crazy when Cloud tells them about the sky, despite Cloud having Barret's back all throughout Rebirth, including telling Barret he would help "carry the weight" after Dyne died. I get the stakes are high and they can't risk Cloud getting more unstable, but Barret seems less patient with Cloud than Dyne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Willo567 posted:

This is a minor complaint, but am I the only one who is kind of irked that(ending spoiler) Barret is being kind of a jerk about Cloud with regards to his mental instability? Barret was willing to still believe that Dyne wasn't a crazy murderer despite clearly acting mentally unstable and forgives him even after Dyne tried to kill him and told him to live with the guilt of the Corel reactor blowing up and Shinra burning the town. Meanwhile, he keeps telling the group about how unstable Cloud is becoming and barely trusts him anymore by the end and looks at Cloud like he's crazy when Cloud tells them about the sky, despite Cloud having Barret's back all throughout Rebirth, including telling Barret he would help "carry the weight" after Dyne died. I get the stakes are high and they can't risk Cloud getting more unstable, but Barret seems less patient with Cloud than Dyne.

To be fair, Barret knew Dyne a lot longer than he's known Cloud. That might shift his perspective somewhat.