Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sash! posted:

I just got back from spending a week in Georgia and I'm ashamed that I failed to listen to any Bubba Sparxxx while I was out and about

The real question is: did you go to Waffle House?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

I just got back from spending a week in Georgia and I'm ashamed that I failed to listen to any Bubba Sparxxx while I was out and about

You couldn’t have let me know? We could have gotten you some good food and me some distraction from end of grade testing week. How rude!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I was in Vidalia most of the time and had things to attend to in such exotic locales as Cordele, Warner Robins, and Macon.

Didn't go to a Waffle House but I did get to see the Blue Angels twice

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I have become a Deion hater.

I was rooting for him but going after kids is trash

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
What happened with Deion now?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What happened with Deion now?

Some players that transferred out were talking about how poo poo Deion was to them, so he decided to post through it on Twitter.

Looks like he deleted most of said tweets.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I was in Vidalia most of the time and had things to attend to in such exotic locales as Cordele, Warner Robins, and Macon.

Did you get some Vidalia onions? They’re the best onions. They can also only be called Vidalia onions if they’re grown in a specific type of soil that’s in that region.

Otherwise they’re just sparkling scallions

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I. M. Gei posted:

I want General Booty to come to Texas but I don't think there's a spot for him unless he wants to change positions. :(

Tight End General Booty

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Tight End General Booty

surely his skillset would be better at wide receiver

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

https://x.com/On3sports/status/1786060694099571023

There's a joke somewhere here but I can't find it.

Come to Tennessee, you can sit on the bench with Navy Schuler. Also great photo ops when Admiral Schofield visits.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

KKKLIP ART posted:

I once saw while eating Bubba Sparx at an Applebees in LaGrange, Georgia.
Fascinated by this choice in sentence structure; it's just about the least clear way you could have conveyed this info
On first read, I thought you were confessing to cannibalizing Mr. Warren Anderson Mathis

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 3, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Fluffdaddy posted:

I was rooting for him but going after kids is trash

Yeah, I can't support trash like that. Now I get to watch this overrated program fall.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SpiritualDeath posted:

Fascinated by this choice in sentence structure; it's just about the least clear way you could have conveyed this info
On first read, I thought you were confessing to cannibalizing Mr. Warren Anderson Mathis

I said what I said :colbert:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/petenakos_/status/1786495929752674699?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

I assume this is a prank on Kirk being pulled by Bob Stoops, it’s a more realistic possibility than a quarterback from OU wanting to transfer to Iowa

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“I want to play at the QB Gulag.” - General Booty, who recently bumped his head and isn’t thinking clearly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Unrelated, but ATTN: Lady Radia & Pals.

https://givebutter.com/thosewhostay

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sash! posted:

Did you visit the rocket?

I was going to call it the only redeeming feature of Cordele, but check that, there is nothing redeeming about Cordele.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Going to Iowa to play QB means he will never have to worry about injuring his throwing arm from overuse

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

Going to Iowa to play QB means he will never have to worry about injuring his throwing arm from overuse

Maybe he has a score to settle.

With Iowa's punter

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Huh, Booty played at Allen. Everybody should look up the highschool stadium in Allen TX on Google maps, it's ridiculous

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Did you get some Vidalia onions? They’re the best onions. They can also only be called Vidalia onions if they’re grown in a specific type of soil that’s in that region.

Otherwise they’re just sparkling scallions

One of the things I was doing was going to the Vidalia Onion Festival. The original onion field is now underneath the Wal-Mart, which is just the most American sounding thing I can come up with. We have to get onions from some specific farm due to family political reasons that I don't care to know about. The car smells like onions now because so many sacks made the ride back to Virginia.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Did you visit the rocket?

I was going to call it the only redeeming feature of Cordele, but check that, there is nothing redeeming about Cordele.

No, but now I wish I had because I had no idea that the Confederate/Commemorative Air Force had global strike capability.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

General Bootyshit

Rectal Placenta posted:

Huh, Booty played at Allen. Everybody should look up the highschool stadium in Allen TX on Google maps, it's ridiculous

Allen HS has the largest marching band in the world. I think it's over 800 members now.

For comparison, most big high school bands top out around 300 at most.

Allen HS also has one of the biggest high school student populations in Texas. When I was in HS they were the second-biggest in the state behind The Woodlands. Their graduating class one year was over 1,200 people.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 4, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mega64 posted:

Tight End General Booty

I can get behind that

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Has anybody pickled red onions before? Youtube decided I'm going to watch videos on it now, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look tasty as all hell.

Also, might be taking my wife to her first football game this season. Wondering if i should try for a big game to let her see a good atmosphere, or a cupcake so it's not so intimidating.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That was an all-timer lmao

I don’t remember what Houston’s mascot did to incite this but I don’t remember Puddles starting poo poo from nothing.

I. M. Gei posted:

I can get behind that

:dadjoke:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

harperdc posted:

That was an all-timer lmao

I don’t remember what Houston’s mascot did to incite this but I don’t remember Puddles starting poo poo from nothing.

Wasn’t he copying Puddles doing touchdown pushups? There might have been more, but it seems like that is what really set it off.

Jeremor posted:

Has anybody pickled red onions before? Youtube decided I'm going to watch videos on it now, and I'll be damned if it doesn't look tasty as all hell.

My wife makes pickled red onions as one of her go-to garnishes and it is pretty much just slicing them real thin with a mandoline (wear a cut glove!) and then brining them in white vinegar and a bit of salt.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The one thing college football is truly missing are mascot fights.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah pickled onions own no matter the type.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Jeremor posted:

Also, might be taking my wife to her first football game this season. Wondering if i should try for a big game to let her see a good atmosphere, or a cupcake so it's not so intimidating.

Atmosphere is what makes the sport. Not sure id start with like, The Game but don’t go to a cupcake

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jeremor posted:

I'm a big fan of Kenji's quick pickled red onions recipe.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Rectal Placenta posted:

high school stadium with an indoor golf facility within it, yeesh

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

clean ayers act posted:

high school stadium with an indoor golf facility within it, yeesh

It's also supposedly haunted.

By a band kid.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I. M. Gei posted:

It's also supposedly haunted.

By a band kid.

Woodwind, brass, or percussion?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jeremor posted:

it's foolproof and you probably don't even need a recipe

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Gonz posted:

Unrelated, but ATTN: Lady Radia & Pals.

https://givebutter.com/thosewhostay

aight i still dont have my student loans paid off, i aint giving them poo poo

unless it's blake corum branded merch. in that case i will provide my checking number and routing number as soon as possible

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I hate that poo poo. It's not enough to pay shitloads of money for parking, tickets, and donating so that you can even buy tickets in the first place. It's not enough to spend a premium on shirts, hats, coffee mugs, cable, streaming packages, etc. It's not enough that the university, the college, and the alumni assocation constantly bug me for money. Now we, the fans, are expected to pay the wages of these college kids so that our team can become (or stay) competitive while the executives still rake in shitloads of money.

I also hate that how competitive your school can be is basically limited to how many billionaires will help fund it. I am pro football players getting what they deserve but this current system sucks and the money is coming from the wrong direction (well, not crying for the billionaires I suppose).

Also please get off of my lawn.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Gotta wonder how much blood is in that alumni stone and if putting your hand out for NIL will distract from other donations. Michigan football is already charging about $100/ticket after ticket and seat licensing fees, or $10 million gate fee for every home game, plus their dozen other revenue streams. And now you need to pay extra to even get printed tickets, which is a huge gently caress you cause those are perfect souvenirs and way better than a screenshot on your phone or an 8 1/2 x 11 printed QR code.

But worst of all it makes it harder for my dad and I to scalp our way into games cause everyone has that poo poo on their phone now. Sometimes we'd wait until after kickoff to get the real cheap tickets when people are just trying to unload them but those tickets might not even be there cause it's way easier to give your ticket to a friend to sell than trust boomers with that e-ticket poo poo. Lots of great memories of finding a pair for $5 (or free) and meeting people that just want to be sure that we're going into the game and not re-selling them, and then you end up sitting with them and make new friends.

poo poo sucks. Never had the funds to donate anything to the (most expensive public) school I already paid for and likely never will. Doesn't matter cause we got enough rear end in a top hat billionaire alumni to make up for it.

You can walk on my lawn but if you're driving slow the gently caress down! There's blind driveways all over this street!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dance McPants posted:

Gotta wonder how much blood is in that alumni stone and if putting your hand out for NIL will distract from other donations.

I stopped getting calls from the alumni association asking for donations when I told them it was not something I'd ever consider while I was still paying off my student loans. (They never stop sending email or snail mail though, no matter how many times you try to unsubscribe.) Now as an employee I get solicited for donations on Giving Blueday every year. Also don't forget they are making $10/yr off every person driving around with a UoM license plate.

Don't worry, the university is not hurting for money.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nervous posted:

Woodwind, brass, or percussion?

Looks like I misremembered, TheShadowlands.net says it's haunted by a football player, not a band kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Radia posted:

aight i still dont have my student loans paid off, i aint giving them poo poo

Amen, for all schools. But also don’t give them money after your loans are paid off