Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

there is a way that isn't throttled (or at least, is throttled differently) - you can run around looting cap stashes, which are fixed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJd_Rip9tE

you can also do like, laps of the tadpole obstacle course for 50 caps each, but that gets old real drat fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
yeah the throttle method is your tolerance for boring activities

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

drat Dirty Ape posted:

TLDR it appears that the number is a 'max capacity able to be generated every 5 minutes'. So if the food value is '5' you can plant 5 plants that will each generate a resource every 5 minutes. I suppose it is to stop somebody from capturing a workshop and planting 100 crops and just AFK farming them all day long... or something.

I don't understand that cap though, the game already has food rot even when in storage. The game already has a mechanic to prevent "I spent a weekend idle farming food, now I never have to worry about it again"
On the topic of food rotting, does the salt perk apply to food in your pack and storage? Even with a point in it, I never can use up food faster than it rots.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm surprised they don't have caps in the Atom Shop.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lmao for gently caress's sake bethesda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BAI_pUWOd0

Cremator DOT stacks if you equip multiple cremators

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 5, 2024

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

I don't understand that cap though, the game already has food rot even when in storage. The game already has a mechanic to prevent "I spent a weekend idle farming food, now I never have to worry about it again"
On the topic of food rotting, does the salt perk apply to food in your pack and storage? Even with a point in it, I never can use up food faster than it rots.

it doesn't apply to storage. you want the military cryo freezer from the raiders with gold if you want any chance of having up to 50 things last longer than a day. grocers backpack along with good with salt is the second best option and will outlast the normal freezer which is something like 50% slower spoilage rate

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there a good time to try and do daily ops? I can never seem to find/join one that is happening.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

its always happening. its not very fun though.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

CelticPredator posted:

its always happening. its not very fun though.

Is it something you can solo? I always try to join but I never see anyone else and never really start it myself.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Books On Tape posted:

Is it something you can solo? I always try to join but I never see anyone else and never really start it myself.

You can solo them at level 50+ but you probably won't get the Elder rewards. It's the same all day though so you can run it once and figure it out and maybe do better on later runs.

Take Berry Mentats to find the enemies faster.

Look for Daily Ops teams when you join a server or make one and wait for people to join if you want to run it with others.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you can solo them but depending on the mutation it's going to range from difficult to bullshit. The best time to do OPS is right after reset, but it can be hit or miss depending on if the server wants to let you in one. Just keep trying, you'll get one eventually. You can start a group and just wait for it to fill too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Books On Tape posted:

Technically you could but enemies are tuned to a full group and speed is the goal.
The rewards are nice if you can knock it out on 5 minutes.
But if you're like me, your Elder reward is a cowboy hat plan.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sucks dong solo. Hop around until you find an op group that's just started, or start a group and hang around without going into the op to see if people join up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah as others have said you can just make a Daily Ops group and other players generally know to join and get it done, even if you're not super expert at it yourself. Read what the gimmicks are before joining the instance, there are different combinations that favor different builds and tactics.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Me on Friday: I'll try out my melee build in Daily Ops!

Mutation = Enemies explode on death.

Welp.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is there a decent spot to get fiber optics now? When I played I'd just loot a bunch off corpses in a cave but they apparently nerfed that. Grabbing random microscopes is a slow trickle and kinda sucks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

fog crawlers drop a handful each but tbh it's probably quicker to just get the microscopes and biometric scanners etc
e: turrets drop biometric scanners, there are places with a bunch of turrets

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just remember the 256 rule, gotta that many items before they start respawning for you. there used to be a big document on where to farm a bunch of things, I'll see if I can dig it up

e: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jnc0FQ3QgkUO6HZObeeGksDTPwno1Fa-Bt7uXeqWib4/mobilebasic

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 5, 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
FO4

Can I just park a bunch of power armors in Sanctuary or is there some reason why I should park them at Red Rockets throughout the map

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

FO4

Can I just park a bunch of power armors in Sanctuary or is there some reason why I should park them at Red Rockets throughout the map

Just remember to remove the fusion cores otherwise random NPCs will try to use the PA.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The best part is when a synth invasion happens and one of your settlers who was secretly a synth hijacks your power armor and turns against you

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

just remember the 256 rule, gotta that many items before they start respawning for you. there used to be a big document on where to farm a bunch of things, I'll see if I can dig it up

e: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jnc0FQ3QgkUO6HZObeeGksDTPwno1Fa-Bt7uXeqWib4/mobilebasic

https://www.theduchessflame.com/post/how-spawns-work-and-how-to-respawn-resources-and-items-in-fallout-76 this explains the respawning in way more detail than anyone needs, but does conclusively say the number is 250.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Some cheap bastard keeps nuking the alien invasion sites so I could only join one as a person who is constantly running behind the lvl500+ -guys after taking potshots to few enemies I saw before running away in a hurry.

But for some reason I got medium generator unlocked so I set up my shop with a nice indoor shopping experience outside my house, and almost immediately some high-level person came in and bought my moderately-overpriced sanitized water and one plan they surely had already. :)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just failed an alien invasion. Feels bad. Didn’t get a chance to snag more fuel for my holy flamer. Only 2 people there lol

I didn’t start it. I waited and someone just went for it

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

My CAMP isn't that far south of the vault in the hopes that fresh players will find it. All my plans go into the vendor at 1 - 10 caps, except for prime or ultracite stuff, which might go for 25.

I'm on the river to the west of the food packaging workshop, as close to the workshop bench as it would let me place a module.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I only just realized if you climb a lookout tower and click on the view, it adds the nearby POIs to your map.

Thanks, Backpacker challenge.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there any way to know if a settler is a synth? Like can I kill them all, check for synth parts and reload? Or is it just random when the attack happens?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's p much it. or get that mod that turns them red if you have on a special pair of glasses

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Babe Magnet posted:

this one from FO3 will always be the best one

I always figured this guy saw the bombs dropping and though "Who's going to stop me? Its the end of the world, I'm finally gonna gently caress the fan".

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like to think it was an accident, completely unrelated to the bombs dropping. my man's dick got Final Destination'd. Death's plan.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
So I just hit 50 and am researching builds. Pretty set on commando, but what is meant by terms like “bloodied” and “full health” etc.

It looks like some combination of bloodied and unyielding is really good but I have no idea what either of those two things mean.

Also I am incredibly undecided on what my first legendary perk should be.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Books On Tape posted:

So I just hit 50 and am researching builds. Pretty set on commando, but what is meant by terms like “bloodied” and “full health” etc.

It looks like some combination of bloodied and unyielding is really good but I have no idea what either of those two things mean.

Also I am incredibly undecided on what my first legendary perk should be.

'Bloodied' builds are builds that stay at very low health (high radiation) to take advantage of unyielding on armor, perks like 'nerd rage', the adrenal reaction mutation, and potentially a weapon with the 'bloodied' ability (weapon does more damage the more hurt you are. All bloodied builds used to do this but I think something changed in the math that makes prefixes like quad and antiarmor better). It is a very popular build due to the mass amount of stat boosts you get from a set of unyielding armor (+15 a stat). This gives you a lot of bonus xp (int), carry a lot more (str), etc etc./

Full health are builds that don't bother with all of that.

If you really can't decide, I recommend the INT legendary perk because almost every build uses a fair amount of INT and int gives you an XP bonus. Eventually you will want to max out almost all of the special legendaries anyway (not charisma).

There are lots of good legendary perks for specific builds but the SPECIAL ones are pretty much good for all builds.

e: I don't recommend going bloodied as a fresh level 50 unless for some reason you have a full set of unyielding armor already.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 5, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you can't really decide, you can't go wrong with Master Infiltrator imo. If you do a lot of lockpicking and hacking, even rank 1 of MI lets you attempt them all without needing the actual perks.

also yeah legendary int is cool too

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

bloodied is a weapon legendary effect that does increased %base damage as current %health decreases.
unyielding is an armor legendary effect that adds up to +3 to all SPECIAL stats except Endurance at low health (30% I believe is the threshold for +3)

other effects synergize with this like Radicool (because you lower your health by maintaining a lot of radiation damage), Nerd Rage, Serendipity, some power armor effect that does a huge amount of damage reduction.

In particular with melee weapons, whose damage is buffed by high Strength, this is pretty powerful in exchange for the difficulty of having to maintain low health. with guns it's a little less blatant but still "better" in a lot of ways. Whether this "betterness" is really valuable or meaningful to you is up to you to judge. It's a huuuuuuuuuuuge pain in the rear end to collect all the unyielding bullshit to really abuse this, but if you're playing for thousands of hours what else are you doing with your time.

e: in case it's not obvious, there is no point in trying to run a character this way before you have the gear and perks that makes it have any valuable effect, ideally a non-trash Bloodied weapon at max level, preferably with mods to max it out

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 5, 2024

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I've got the legendary perk that makes people explode when I shoot them and I just picked up the lock/hack one and if anyone tries to tell me that's not optimal I'll shoot them so they'll explode and hack their blood

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Did the Railroad FO4 mission where you blow up the Prydwen. Went well, no alarm. Nice. When the vertibird dropped us off I followed Deacon for a bit, where he promptly pathed through a proximity mine and blew me up as I tried to follow him. I haven't laughed that hard all game and it would have been tragic if I was playing survival mode or something.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Maaan, I subscribed to gamepass premium so I could stream FO76 on my retroid pocket and only after did I find the streaming version is the console version which apparently is not cross save with the PC version. I can stream locally from my pc through moonlight but I was hoping I could just do it without having to run it on my computer.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Ah, that makes sense as to why Bethesda says gamepass is the only crossplay between pc and console, because technically the remote version are both spinning up the same vm.
Otherwise it would've been 'PC and xbox are crossplay'

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For FO76 "Friends in Low Places" and "A Solid Foundation", is that based on which faction you use for Vault 79, or can you get max rep via dailies and get both on the same character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

For FO76 "Friends in Low Places" and "A Solid Foundation", is that based on which faction you use for Vault 79, or can you get max rep via dailies and get both on the same character?

those two you can get that way yeah it's the who you side with one that's character dependant