Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

spankmeister posted:

What's the greek say?

"Nice here - but have you been to"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I'm interpreting the line about Baerbock to mean that she's like a female Rambo and would slaughter her way through the Russian army, to defeat Putin in hand-to-hand combat at the end of the movie.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
https://x.com/feministconlaw/status/1786806003851264134

Good news! Finally our Erbfeind has to follow our lead again!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
there seems to be some sort of ARG running in Germany, with different groups competing to see how stupid they have to behave before reality crashes and ends the simulation

I don't like it

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Libluini posted:

I'm interpreting the line about Baerbock to mean that she's like a female Rambo and would slaughter her way through the Russian army, to defeat Putin in hand-to-hand combat at the end of the movie.

Are you interpreting it like that to evade depression at the realization that these people are against supporting Ukraine?

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Are you interpreting it like that to evade depression at the realization that these people are against supporting Ukraine?

On the Vierfeldertafel of supporting / abandoning Ukraine / Palestine, wanting to support Palestine but not Ukraine is the only position that's really a mystery to me. Like, what's the goal here, just "always the exact opposite of US American geopolitical aims?" Or some extremely misplaced Soviet Union nostalgia?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Probably exactly those, yeah

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Hauptsache dagegen weil das wirkt schlau und ihr seid alle Schlafschafe

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Hauptsache dagegen weil das wirkt schlau und ihr seid alle Schlafschafe

Sounds suspiciously like the FDP position in the coalition, too.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I have this incredibly novel and complicated position that genocide is actually bad, and we should help prevent further genocides from happening.

This seems very controversial for some reason I don't get.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Griddle of Love posted:

On the Vierfeldertafel of supporting / abandoning Ukraine / Palestine, wanting to support Palestine but not Ukraine is the only position that's really a mystery to me. Like, what's the goal here, just "always the exact opposite of US American geopolitical aims?" Or some extremely misplaced Soviet Union nostalgia?

My parents are/were old-school communists, and this is it how they always position themselves in any geopolitical matter, yes. So pro-Palestine and, in the case of Ukraine, "pro-peace".

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Antigravitas posted:

I have this incredibly novel and complicated position that genocide is actually bad, and we should help prevent further genocides from happening.

This seems very controversial for some reason I don't get.

Have you actually considered that there is a reasonable misdle ground between genocide and no genocide?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

:hmmyes: my mom did always say that apfelsaft is healthy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I love the PSV. Afriend told me he checked the FAQs on their homepage and they actually address the concern of over-population if everybody is immortal. Their answer is "Nope, that is not going to happen."

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

I love the PSV. Afriend told me he checked the FAQs on their homepage and they actually address the concern of over-population if everybody is immortal. Their answer is "Nope, that is not going to happen."

I'd have had 1000% more respect for them if their answer had been "because our immortality drug is gonna make everyone sterile"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I wonder who even the main basis for that party is. Med students with a god complex? Techbros with a slightly different kind of god complex? Scared olds trying to make it happen at the last minute?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Perestroika posted:

I wonder who even the main basis for that party is. Med students with a god complex? Techbros with a slightly different kind of god complex? Scared olds trying to make it happen at the last minute?

Is there a basis for the party? Maybe some random money guy dropped enough loot to turn his pet idea into a party?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Going from the party members on the website, it's mostly groups 1 and 2, with a smattering of group 3

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Going from the party members on the website, it's mostly groups 1 and 2, with a smattering of group 3

If only they marketed themselves as "homeopathische" Verjüngungsforschung...

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Randler posted:

If only they marketed themselves as "homeopathische" Verjüngungsforschung...

Hat potential.

:dadjoke:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

We can drop the death rate to zero as early as 2025 if we just kill everyone this year

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Antigravitas posted:

Hat potential.

:dadjoke:

You deserve all the bonks

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
(still made me chuckle very reluctantly)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, looking at Bavaria from a plane is just depressing. You'd be hard pressed to see a single wind power generator in this desolate sea of fields.

Fun fact, in order to reach their own set of goals for 2030, they'll have to built 150 new wind turbines each year. Last year they found locations for 17, so that goal sounds a bit ambitious.

By comparison, NRW added 364 in 2023.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man, looking at Bavaria from a plane is just depressing. You'd be hard pressed to see a single wind power generator in this desolate sea of fields.

Fun fact, in order to reach their own set of goals for 2030, they'll have to built 150 new wind turbines each year. Last year they found locations for 17, so that goal sounds a bit ambitious.

By comparison, NRW added 364 in 2023.

land of the free, baby

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Worst part about this is that it's not even some government corruption. That's genuinely what the population of this place wants, because they're all so concerned about the long time price development of their houses. At the same time they complain about high energy prices without the faintest bit of self-reflection.

I'm so glad I don't live here anymore.

To be fair, private solar power is growing comparatively strong around here, but that doesn't help that much in winter.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The moment they find a way to harvest Södolfs heiße Luft will be the moment they will come around on wind energy

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That stuff is so condensed you could just use it to generate fusion power.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It probably makes a lot more sense to build wind turbines in SH than in BY. Or are there really good wind spots in BY?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
While the wind is slightly weaker around there, building wind turbines is absolutely feasible, useful and profitable. In fact the power companies are really eager to do so, since they bring profit after a short amount of time.

The problem is 95% political and comes from a lack of acceptance of the local public.

Edit: found some ciation for my claim
https://initiative-klimaneutral.de/...rlegt%20werden.

Might be a biased source. I dunno. But the idea that there's just not enough wind to add capacity is ridiculously wrong.

quote:

Bayern hat genug Windenergiepotenzial, um die Ziele für erneuerbare Energien zu erreichen
In der Vergangenheit wurde immer wieder behauptet, dass in Bayern nicht genug Wind weht, um den Bau von Windrädern zu rechtfertigen. Dies kann jedoch widerlegt werden. Die Daten des Joint Research Centre zeigen, dass Bayern selbst unter den extrem hohen Beschränkungen der 10H-Regel seine bestehende Windkraftkapazität von 2,6 GW auf 5,2 GW verdoppeln könnte. Die jährliche Windstromerzeugung könnte von 4 TWh auf 8 TWh erhöht werden, wenn der Ausbau der Windenergie forciert würde. Dies zeigt, dass selbst unter diesen strengen Rahmenbedingungen mehr Windstrom erzeugt werden könnte.

Würden die Abstandsregelungen flächendeckend im gesamten Freistaat auf 1000 Meter verringert, könnte die vorhandene Windkraftkapazität zudem auf 9 GW mehr als verdreifacht werden, was die jährliche Windstromerzeugung auf 14 TWh (+ 10 TWh) erhöhen würde.

Die potenzielle Kapazität könnte laut Berechnungen von Ember fast versechsfacht werden und 15 GW (22 TWh) erreichen, wenn die Forderung nach einer Verringerung des Abstands auf 800 Meter im gesamten Freistaat umgesetzt würde. Das wären 18 TWh mehr als die derzeitige Windenergieerzeugung in Bayern.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 5, 2024

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

"Wind turbines are ugly and they kill birds!"

**Proceeds to Bagger 288 entire forests to get the lignite**

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

aphid_licker posted:

It probably makes a lot more sense to build wind turbines in SH than in BY. Or are there really good wind spots in BY?

Totally viable and they pay for themselves after a few years, so if Bavaria wanted they could even auction off the spots. Bavaria has a bunch of solar, it has pumped hydro, and if Bavarians weren't morons they'd add transmission infrastructure and wind and they'd be as close to power autarky as you can get as a single state.

Instead we have this absolutely insane situation where SH typically produces more electricity than it needs because of its investments into renewables, is paying extra because of the additional transmission infrastructure built, has to curtail production a lot of the time due to missing transmission links south (that Bavaria has blocked), and, to add insult to injury, Germany is a single price zone. The result is that electricity is more expensive in SH despite its over abundance, and cheaper in Bavaria despite its under supply.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

Instead we have this absolutely insane situation where SH typically produces more electricity than it needs because of its investments into renewables, is paying extra because of the additional transmission infrastructure built, has to curtail production a lot of the time due to missing transmission links south (that Bavaria has blocked), and, to add insult to injury, Germany is a single price zone. The result is that electricity is more expensive in SH despite its over abundance, and cheaper in Bavaria despite its under supply.
It’s even worse and dumber. The energy price goes so low due to power production in the north that Switzerland buys it up to fill their hydro reserves. But because of the lacking transmission, gas peaker plants need to be turned on in the south to fill the demand for export and the wind turbines are turned off in the north due to overproduction.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Why is it a single price zone anyway?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why is it a single price zone anyway?

Bavaria goes absolutely apeshit every time a second price zone is brought up. They've threatened to blow up Länderfinanzausgleich over it.

There is a lot of energy hungry industry in Bavaria and they need cheap power for Standortvorteil but don't want to build wind power or transmission infrastructure themselves.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

don't forget that Bayerns energy utopia is clean, cheap nuclear just across the state border with the resulting garbage being burried in, idk, Berlin or something.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

don't forget that Bayerns energy utopia is clean, cheap nuclear just across the state border with the resulting garbage being burried in, idk, Berlin or something.

Honestly, I can see the appeal. No downsides!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://x.com/lto_de/status/1787491887873400839

Gonna have to get out all my left-over Brexit takes before that becomes a law.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
BMI (SPD) dafür
BMJ (FDP) dagegen

meine Fresse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/H_Kohpeiss/status/1787896915557814373?t=_oSDu0pwyGF73EwflrIN5g&s=19

Over 60 faculty at FU Berlin are khamas!