Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Powered Descent posted:

This scene is also known as "What Is Going On With Bev's Hair"

The 80s, presumably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong (according to Gul Dukat)

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
NGL I love that scene where he explains to Weyoun what REAL victory looks like—defeating your enemy so utterly that they realize they were wrong to have ever opposed you, and then maybe killing them but probably not.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah once you get past 'Waltz', he just isn't the same. The only good episode with him after that is the one where he is running the Pah Wraith cult on Empok Nor.

Also the one where he calls up Kira just to say he slept with her mom.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I loved that "forced to team up with Dukat" storyline. He's just wonderfully smug and gloating the whole time.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

It's funny 'cause Dukat always talks about how progressive and merciful he was compared to others but doesn't really name anyone as the real villainous mastermind.

It was uhhhh.... Gul Macet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Really if you think about it it's the SYSTEM that's the mastermind. And Dukat is working from within to fight the system

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dukat was fighting the system (for further promotions)

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Really if you think about it it's the SYSTEM that's the mastermind. And Dukat is working from within to fight the system

Literally said by anyone ever when they benefit from the system.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The moral of the story is, you can't trust the system!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

qoSlIj DatIvjaj to the ground

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

dukat is a great character but i wouldn’t say i actually like him on a personal level lol. but i enjoy most episodes he shows up in.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

redshirt posted:

Gul Dukat did nothing wrong (according to Gul Dukat)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love that Gul Dukat and Kai Winn hooked up. Such a perfect couple.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

redshirt posted:

Space Pope hearts Space Hitler

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It would have been a better plot without the supernatural shenanigans. Dukat worming his way into yet another power structure.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

It would have been a better plot without the supernatural shenanigans. Dukat worming his way into yet another power structure.

Nothing supernatural in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The Pah'wraiths are exiled Prophets from the Wormhole, they're not actual demons or anything.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mycomancy posted:

Nothing supernatural in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The Pah'wraiths are exiled Prophets from the Wormhole, they're not actual demons or anything.

It's a fine line.

naem
May 29, 2011

I want to see a wacky three camera sitcom about Q, a Pah-Wraith, and a Gorn as post college roommates

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
The neighbor living upstairs? The borg.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Neelix bursts through the door of the apartment

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

redshirt posted:

did he get surgery to make his dick look bajoran too? and i assume bajorans clip fancy jewelry to their balls like their ears

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Soul Dentist posted:

Alaimo would justify Dukat's actions out of character so I don't think he was trying to rein it in. Like he was trying to get them to write a Kira romance so he could make out with Nana Visitor

:lol: he wasn’t a good actor after all, he just actually thought gul dukat was right

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Space Jam posted:

did he get surgery to make his dick look bajoran too? and i assume bajorans clip fancy jewelry to their balls like their ears

At least he wasn’t trying to infiltrate the halls of power on Qo’noS, because….ouch

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

TrashMammal posted:

:lol: he wasn’t a good actor after all, he just actually thought gul dukat was right

Yeah the Cardassians’ appearance AND character was inspired by Alaimo all right.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Space Jam posted:

Well, as you can read in my Dukat-Winn erotica, it's complicated....

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he had plastic surgery to make his dick look bajoran, but that was years before the pah wraith thing. dude's real hosed up.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he had plastic surgery to make his dick look bajoran, but that was years before the pah wraith thing. dude's real hosed up.

It's hard to please Bajoran women with a cloaca.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cardassian Cloaca is a thought I bet not many of us have had before, till right now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He may be a simple man of the land, but his tastes are... exotic.

*drops pants, bends over*

The General
Mar 4, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

My take away from the DS9 docu was that Marc should never be allowed alone with any woman. Ever.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Cardassian Cloaca is a thought I bet not many of us have had before, till right now.

I thought it was a common belief throughout the fandom.

So yeah, because they share traits with reptiles it's theorized they have cloacae and not mammalian genitalia.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The General posted:

My take away from the DS9 docu was that Marc should never be allowed alone with any woman. Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOsHkVN16GM

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I thought it was a common belief throughout the fandom.

So yeah, because they share traits with reptiles it's theorized they have cloacae and not mammalian genitalia.

I'd never thought/heard of it prior. We should take a poll!

redshirt fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 5, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

mycomancy posted:

the racist wormhole aliens imprisoned them without trial because they're a different color

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what happened to his voice? dude sounds like he’s running for president

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It's the wormhole not the wokehole

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

what happened to his voice? dude sounds like he’s running for president

P'ah Wraiths

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

redshirt posted:

*Neelix bursts through the door of the apartment

Enter Neelix, waits for audience applause. :unsmith:

..Not a sausage. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Help! Help!

Soul Dentist posted:

Ugh imagine working at a restaurant desperate enough to risk that shitstorm just to get a couple one-tops slowly nursing an appetizer and a glass of wine

Sure, she might pay for her single glass of wine and leave when she realizes he's not coming. But if you're real lucky her spiraling despair at being stood up and forever alone will encourage to buy 2 deserts and a whole bottle of wine. Isn't that worth ruining someone's week?