Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lee Kerncob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

love having politicians constantly telling me now isn't the time for politics every time some bad poo poo is happening as a direct result of politics

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's never the time to do anything because we have to vote that cheeto out of the White House and get Hillary Biden elected as the first woman President, sweaty.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

so whats the implication when he loses

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nichael posted:

It's never the time to do anything because we have to vote that cheeto out of the White House and get Hillary Biden elected as the first woman President, sweaty.
You know how outside of Trumpist circles you sometimes see people complaining about how some complex policy or messaging problem hasn't been solved because feckless Dems allow it to be that way or whatever, and when you ask what they should do they say "I don't know but those big brained politics guys should and if they're not doing it it's because they don't want to?"

Now imagine that except you're sure you know a big brained politics guy that's not afraid do it. That's it, that's the only difference.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

RadiRoot posted:

you cant pay me to watch that

are you sure? lm sure I can find someone else who wants an easy $100

mags has issued a correction as of 22:53 on May 5, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mags posted:

are you sure? I lm sure I can find someone else who wants an easy $100

yes i will subject myself to this for $100 fiat us currency

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

"Americans have every right to peacefully protest in ditches and alleyways out of sight where I don't have to see or hear them"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

yes i will subject myself to this for $100 fiat us currency

I would also subject you to this for $100 fiat us currency

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

footage not found

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nichael posted:

Biden is the first woman president because he got Glass Cliffed you see

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Kamala was the first woman president for that half hour Biden was having butthole surgery

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Kamala was the first woman president for that half hour Biden was having butthole surgery

I am the great joeholio I need surgery for my bunghole

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Rectal Death Alert posted:

he poops into a bag

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
A bag that he sticks his legs through first

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sometimes his port leaks and the secret service has to clean him up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im saint germain posted:

A bag that he sticks his legs through first

its like the chili suit in nathan for you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joe Biden is the first LGBTQIA+ President because when he was in his 20s, his father taught him the previously unknown secrets of homosexuality outside a Wilmington, Delaware train station.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

im saint germain posted:

Useful idiots do the donkey work, leaving me, a donkey, with nothing

Lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That story about WH staffers immediately clearing the room out of nowhere bc Biden poo poo his pants is gonna be proven true

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shageletic posted:

That story about WH staffers immediately clearing the room out of nowhere bc Biden poo poo his pants is gonna be proven true

"BUT TRUMP WILL DOUBLE poo poo HIMSELF!"

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Shageletic posted:

the poop handlers are real

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Shageletic posted:

i want to believe

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
poop tape is real

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

ex post facho posted:

poop tape is real

it was posted a page or two ago yeah

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Simpsons meme where Homer has “Lenny=white Carl=black” written on his hand but instead it says “Trump=piss tape Biden=poo tape”.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1787239378927993073?t=yVzVkZanPSJZuhMM011Suw&s=19

I withdraw my prior comments about the TikTok ban being economic

It really was about Palestine

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's clearly censorship

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
technically support for israel is itself a manifestation of economic motivations, so the shoe still fits imo

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shageletic posted:

it's a stutter! he has IBS, damnit! whomst among us

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

I withdraw my prior comments about the TikTok ban being economic

It really was about Palestine

so economic, then

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m sure it was primarily so US companies could get at that sweet tiktok money but the israel thing is a nice bonus

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Al! posted:

its like the chili suit in nathan for you

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! *everyone in the stadium is hastily ushered out*

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Back in February, the economy was humming, inflation was down and the S&P 500 couldn’t stop hitting new highs. The Federal Reserve looked poised to cut interest rates so aggressively that market mavens were debating whether there’d be four or five cuts before Election Day. “Let’s be honest,” Fed Chair Jerome Powell said at the time. “This is a good economy.”

Economically speaking, everything was breaking Joe Biden’s way. Sure, his poll numbers were lousy. But Biden’s fortunes seemed to be mirroring those of another elderly, once-unpopular incumbent president who rode to a second term on the strength of a booming election year economy: Ronald Reagan.

In a nod to Reagan’s famous 1984 campaign ad, I wrote a Businessweek article wondering, “Is It Morning in Joe Biden’s America?”

Maybe I jinxed him.

What looked in February like morning in America now appears to have been something of a false dawn. Inflation has picked up, the market is well off its highs and Biden has seen a succession of troubling economic reports—punctuated by Thursday’s news that gross domestic product growth had slowed to a disappointing 1.6% annualized rate in the first quarter. Meantime, a closely watched gauge of inflation heated up to 3.7%, fueling fears of stagflation.

Powell, who once sounded like Democratic Santa Claus, ready to hand out rate cuts like candy canes, has also changed his tune. On April 16 he admitted it would take “longer than expected” to wrestle inflation down to the Fed’s 2% target. That view was reinforced on Friday when the Fed’s preferred gauge of inflation, the Core PCE index, jumped 0.3% from the prior month and 2.8% from a year ago. “The data suggest inflation will remain persistent in the year ahead,” Stuart Paul of Bloomberg Economics wrote in a Friday note.

Instead of four or five rate cuts by Election Day, Biden could wind up with a big lump of coal: zero cuts. Swap traders have pushed back the timing of the first rate cut to December.

The disappointing turn is weighing down Biden’s popularity. The latest Bloomberg News-Morning Consult poll found him leading in just one of the seven battleground states likely to determine the outcome of the election (Michigan). No secret why: A majority of swing state voters said they foresee worsening economic conditions in the months ahead, with fewer than 1 in 5 expecting inflation and interest rates to be lower by year’s end.

None of this forecloses a Biden reelection. But if a second term is in the cards, victory probably won’t be driven by broad voter perception of an economic turnaround. There’s abortion rights, an issue that hangs like a long tie around Trump’s neck. And, maybe most fortunately for Biden, the guy he’s running against faces more than 80 felony counts, which—politically speaking—isn’t such a bad issue to fall back on.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

holefoods posted:

I’m sure it was primarily so US companies could get at that sweet tiktok money but the israel thing is a nice bonus

It sat for multiple years as an idle threat for the money but then the minute Israel lobbiests started getting upset about it a law passed right away. It’s entirely about censorship.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just shittin' in cedar rapids

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden’s campaign collapses before the summer

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Joe Biden’s campaign collapses before the summer

How can it collapse further? It collapsed quite a while ago.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
it's going to prolapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Drake no : Calamity Jane
Drake yes : Colostomy Joe