Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Borsche69 posted:

its gonna be interesting if they pull a r2d2 but apparently a regular, but smaller scale ISD just got revealed:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/cal-kestis-debuts-as-a-lego-minifigure-in-75394-imperial-star-destroyer/

1555 pieces, 170 dolalrs

Well, we knew it was coming but damned if that's not a Day One buy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can’t tell you how much I hate that the Cal Kestis minifig is locked behind a $170 set I have zero interest in.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm sure the free market will work out a solution where you can get him without the set for a measly $45

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'm ashamed to say i did just that for Forest Whitaker, the set he comes in just didn't have any parts i particularly need.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Kazzah posted:

I'm sure the free market will work out a solution where you can get him without the set for a measly $45

A quick reminder that Lego now owns the primary reseller in that free market.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A friend went to Legoland for a family vacation and offered to pick me up this year's Lego House exclusive. Turns out, they basically have every exclusive still in stock. Thankfully I managed to control myself, and only got two - the giant pirate minifig and the Dagny Holm tribute.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6aed601a-6506-4da5-8c71-7ff448b84bbc
Some good ones in there
I don't normally go for the licensed stuff for ideas but that appa is well done
Flytrap
Minerals I think they needed to be more creative on the crystals
Cherry blossom
Tower chess
Art of Japan

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 6, 2024

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
There must have been close to a dozen Appas over the years but that's probably the best done one yet.

I actually think there's some pretty decent stuff this wave. Guffawing a little at the random Hungarian suspension bridge though ?? how did that get 10,000 votes.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

HootTheOwl posted:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6aed601a-6506-4da5-8c71-7ff448b84bbc
Some good ones in there
Flytrap
Minerals I think they needed to be more creative on the crystals
Cherry blossom
Tower chess
Art of Japan

Four medieval-themed buildings? Oh my. If even just one of those passes I guess I will have to get it…

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

It might be time to up the number of votes needed to qualify for review.

Also, I want to see the Highland cow after a rework by Lego. There’s some real potential in that idea, and I think it would sell well.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Love the tents in the jousting set. Tower chess set is a really cool idea too. I also like the idea of the Egyptian and Roman stuff, those reliefs on the egyptian set are very well done.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

They should ban licensed sets from Lego Ideas

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:agreed: but only for IPs I don't care about personally

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

HootTheOwl posted:

Some good ones in there

When it comes to IP, Appa and K's transforming car kook pretty dang good, though I bet the car has the structural I territory of a dandelion. Spirited Away looks cool at a glance but lacks depth (literally and figuratively).

The Roman Forum is interesting thematically and the bridge would be a cool architecture set. Rocky Reef restoration looks like a dope display piece for a bookshelf or desk; I think even non Lego peeps would be captivated. Art of Japan also prettysweet.

Favorite set I wouldn't buy but can appreciate award goes to Fighting the Fatberg, lol.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 6, 2024

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

i want the gundam

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

ijyt posted:

i want the gundam

It looks neat, but it also looks like it has simple ball joint knees and is 18" tall. I don't think its presented posability will remotely translate to real life.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That leopard gecko is just the cutest drat thing. Would happily plop that next to the insects.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It will likely get rejected for the same reason iron giant was. The joints can't handle that.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/tuxedo-cat-21349

:catdrugs:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

These kind of sculptures aren't my thing, but that's very slick.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Gonna be an expensive couple of months, was already planning on getting the Artemis Rocket and Lunar Rover. Been awhile since my last set anyway.

Wonder if I could get black pieces to make it look like my cat, she's just got a little bit of white on her chest.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Need to figure out how hard this is to modify into an all black cat. Shouldn't be bad.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fritzler posted:

Need to figure out how hard this is to modify into an all black cat. Shouldn't be bad.

Yeah I’d want to mod it a bit so it more closely resembles my actual tuxedo cat (all black tail, black forehead, black cheeks but white chin).

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'd totally perch one of those on my desk at home

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This looks like my wifes cat at her dads. And we can mod it too so he only has 3 legs. :3: What an amazing figure.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Needs some tie fighter wings

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Gonna have to figure out how to make that match my cat. Hopefully that nose piece comes in black.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t tell you how much I hate that the Cal Kestis minifig is locked behind a $170 set I have zero interest in.

Wait Cal is in that set? I guess I would upgrade the one I have on display for that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

Gonna have to figure out how to make that match my cat. Hopefully that nose piece comes in black.

you could use two of these too.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...und%5D#T=C&C=11

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Mona Lisa is impressive. Here's a pic:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Waltzing Along posted:

The Mona Lisa is impressive. Here's a pic:

comes with a minifig of a slightly confused and aggrieved looking elderly lady artiste

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:wtc:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I mean, as soon as I saw it, I thought of the Jesus painting. So...yeah.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wouldn't have used Marilyn Manson as my model but hey you do you, artist.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
:manning:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I feel like trying to recreate the Mona Lisa in Lego shows a lack of understanding of what it’s about, like…. Maybe it could be done well but not as a commercial product probably, but really best left alone.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Discard Mona Lisa, bring forth Notre Dame:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/first-look-at-lego-architecture-notre-dame-and-mona-lisa-art-set/

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Doesn't make sense, Notre Dame should be

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

gschmidl posted:

Doesn't make sense, Notre Dame should be

haw haw haw

Notre Dame set looks really good. But it's not awful/funny like Mona Lisa, so I didn't post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is it bad I want multiple copies of the notre dame just for the stockpile of tan parts?

Someday I'm actually going to build a norman castle and I need to collect resources for it.