Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Cracking up at Fantano losing it trying to work out the implication of the line "Id never look twice at no teenager"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQnL0re_f9I&t=2129s

Tainen fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

reaching out with all my psychic powers to summon Push

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

"i dont wanna fight with a woman beater, it feeds your nature" is not a line that means what drake thinks it means

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah that one got me to pause it for a bit lol

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I think drake is trying to drop a response so bad that Kendrick doesn’t feel the need to respond

Drizzy with the 5-D chess

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the more i think about it the funnier this one is. like how do you gently caress up a response THIS badly

“Fabricating stories on the family front cuz you heard Mr. Morale” lmao he called this too, he's just making up poo poo based on an album he did not listen to very well

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 6, 2024

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

by being a provably terrible rapper, writer, person, father and being a general scumbag, pedophile and deadbeat.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Fantano seems to be the only reactor/critic at the moment critically analyzing the track and the timelines and pointing out that Drake should've aired out any "gotchas" about fake info sooner, and could've in the same stroke followed up with receipts on the other stuff in a more meaningful. Even the Melon sees Drake at best played himself, and at worst, just continued lying.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Ultraklystron posted:

Fantano seems to be the only reactor/critic at the moment critically analyzing the track and the timelines and pointing out that Drake should've aired out any "gotchas" about fake info sooner, and could've in the same stroke followed up with receipts on the other stuff in a more meaningful.

like hows the art for this track not a screencap of his people talking to kendrick lmao thats the easiest dunk of all time

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's a weird world drake lives in where the people around him will not tell him there is a video of drake kissing a 17 year old girl out there to undercut his claims

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

studio mujahideen posted:

like hows the art for this track not a screencap of his people talking to kendrick lmao thats the easiest dunk of all time

literally just had to be texts or phone call history or DMs or whatever. the bar was low.

edit: hell canada, is single party consent at that. if there was a call, he should have it at the beginning of the track. still would've been stupid to wait so long instead of not instantly stepping on "meet the grahams" or at least "not like us", but it would've been a receipt. a shred of credibility.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 6, 2024

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://x.com/123omie/status/1787310376327237677

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/OsheaJacksonJr/status/1787320127043878966

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is there even any truth to the kendrick woman beater claim

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://x.com/ElectionLegal/status/1787297476862484894

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Technically No: A Hip-Hopera by Drake

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Alan Smithee posted:

is there even any truth to the kendrick woman beater claim

I've seen it said that given how badly Drake & his ghosts seem to have misunderstood one part of Mr. Morale tonight, Drake's almost certainly misunderstood the rest of it, including conflating metaphorical, spiritual and verbal conflicts for physical ones, which would be a multi-level self-snitch on himself TBH.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
im losing my god drat mind. i cant believe i found this thread so late but drake really? thought releasing that track was a good idea??? ?????????

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Radia posted:

im losing my god drat mind. i cant believe i found this thread so late but drake really? thought releasing that track was a good idea??? ?????????

he thought the nuh uh defense would go well yeah

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

This track makes me fully believe Kendrick when he said people in Drake’s inner circle want him to fail. Not only is it unlistenable, but it makes Drake look worse than ever, nobody should’ve okay’d it if they really cared about his image.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he thought the nuh uh defense would go well yeah

i dont know how to describe how awful this is. everyone lost their mind for over a day over not like us, and then he releases some sleepy-rear end poo poo going "if im a pedophile why were you molested???" and.. like why?????

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

this is terrible for drake but it is truly tremendous content

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Radia posted:

this is terrible for drake but it is truly tremendous content

drake never posted on SA to see how well the puppetmaster goes

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
although thats probably a good thing because he'd have a star by now and this thread would be gassed

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

That Little Demon posted:

although thats probably a good thing because he'd have a star by now and this thread would be gassed

lmao

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

FartingBedpost posted:

This track makes me fully believe Kendrick when he said people in Drake’s inner circle want him to fail. Not only is it unlistenable, but it makes Drake look worse than ever, nobody should’ve okay’d it if they really cared about his image.

I half wonder if he kicked everyone at the Embassy out this weekend besides 40 and Boi-1da, recorded and released with no reality checks. That or moles or not, he's got the worst friends.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i get that like all my social networks online are all pro-kendrick and want to see drake's rear end beat, but i don't see how i would view this latest song as any sort of win even if i was in drake's camp for whatever reason. who the hell thought this poo poo was on the same caliber as what's already been brought against him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ultraklystron posted:

I half wonder if he kicked everyone at the Embassy out this weekend besides 40 and Boi-1da, recorded and released with no reality checks. That or moles or not, he's got the worst friends.

Everything about Drake indicates that if you challenge him, you’re probably no longer in his inner circle. So it makes total sense that everyone would just be like “drat boss, you got him!”

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get that like all my social networks online are all pro-kendrick and want to see drake's rear end beat, but i don't see how i would view this latest song as any sort of win even if i was in drake's camp for whatever reason. who the hell thought this poo poo was on the same caliber as what's already been brought against him

Most of reaction youtube just needs to hear "I tricked him" and then doesn't think about "wait, then why not just post the receipts like right after Kendrick dropped? At least after the second drop right? Before it was Saturday night and packed clubs were c-walkin to a song calling you and your associates diddlers? Wait, why didn't you defend your mans Baka and Chubbs on the same accusations? What the gently caress, this whole song doesn't make no sens--"

They just here "nuh uh" and a solid Boi-1da beat and think "oh, dang! Kendrick gotta respond now!"

They'll change their tune when once they see that online sentiment is "Drake slammed his penith in the car door" though.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i really like how many non-regulars this poo poo attracted to the thread. we got BBG in here! we got an old white lady with a homestuck avatar! what up yall!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

"Everyone saying I am a rap god
If i was diddling kids they would have made me a mod"

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Alan Smithee posted:

lmfao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Alan Smithee posted:

Holy poo poo

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It reminds me of being in like fourth grade and not knowing how to respond when something topical so you just go OH YEAH well your parents are divorced

He has no idea how to handle this level of hatred and to be fair I absolutely don’t either

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drake never posted on SA to see how well the puppetmaster goes

u sure?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmao

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I think he forgot that Kendrick is, you know, the dude that has like 6 orders of magnitude more awards than him, and charted longer than him, and actually has people that like him and working with him. Drake can try and downplay that Pulitzer, and it's a hosed up institution....but Kendrick Lamar won a loving Pulitzer. Even if he didn't earn it, and he did, if they had to look around for someone to go "Ok, who do we want to use to pretend we are still relevant?"....they still went with Kendrick. Kendrick is not some rando that needs to make rent and has to pretend to give a poo poo about Drake. Kendrick actually matters.

So he did his narcissistic child molester thing of going "I'm Drake!" and thinking that would be enough, and now that it isn't working he's floundering. None of his crew are good enough to hang at this level, if they were they'd be big enough not to be on Drake's crew, so when he has to actually fight back he has to look down deep. And because he's a monster you get poo poo like "You are only dogging on me because you got touched". Man isn't smart enough to understand the lyrics, he only knows how to be a predator. Sadly for the world he's a child predator, and it's really not working out for a public fight with a grown rear end man.

e: He's probably too self-involved and rich for this to lead to a real breakdown, but by God I sure hope it makes him miserable for awhile. And we have like another 2 months of BBL Drizzy beats getting slammed in his loving ears.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 6, 2024

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

#GBSDrizzyAvatarGiveaway

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Drake just dropped the sickest Aubrey diss yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

prayer group posted:

i really like how many non-regulars this poo poo attracted to the thread. we got BBG in here! we got an old white lady with a homestuck avatar! what up yall!

It's a straight up cultural moment.

Also it's terrifying watching Kendrick literally murder a man through song. Like some full on D&D bardic magic poo poo, just exploding Drake into a shower of gore.